PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Edition "ERROR. This code has already been used."

EdwardTo
04-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Hello,

I have just bought Assassin's Creed 2: Deluxe Edition off Steam.

When I go to Extras > Exclusive Content in the main menu, I am told to enter my code. I then enter the "Assassin's Creed II - Deluxe CD Key" code which displayed when I started the game.

However, once I enter it, I receive "ERROR. This code has already been used." (http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7452/ac2error.jpg). I have tried entering the code multiple times with and without the dashes, both upper and lower case.

Why does it say that the code has already been used? Was I given an invalid CD key, or was the key automatically registered when I installed the game via Steam?

I have searched around, and others have described this problem as well. However, none talk of a solution.

How can I verify if my exclusive content code has been redeemed and activated to my account?

Thanks in advance,

Edward

EdwardTo
04-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Hello,

I have just bought Assassin's Creed 2: Deluxe Edition off Steam.

When I go to Extras > Exclusive Content in the main menu, I am told to enter my code. I then enter the "Assassin's Creed II - Deluxe CD Key" code which displayed when I started the game.

However, once I enter it, I receive "ERROR. This code has already been used." (http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7452/ac2error.jpg). I have tried entering the code multiple times with and without the dashes, both upper and lower case.

Why does it say that the code has already been used? Was I given an invalid CD key, or was the key automatically registered when I installed the game via Steam?

I have searched around, and others have described this problem as well. However, none talk of a solution.

How can I verify if my exclusive content code has been redeemed and activated to my account?

Thanks in advance,

Edward

KZarr
04-25-2010, 02:34 AM
See if you van enter any of these places:

Palazzo Medicis in Florence
Santa Maria Dei Frari
Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.

If not you might have to contact support for a new key.

TheLeoCrow
04-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Have you used the code successfully one? Then you don't have to do it again, that's why the game doesn't let you

EdwardTo
04-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Thank you for the responses.

KZarr, when am I able to visit the unlocked locations? Do I have to be at a certain progress through the game? Can I view the exclusive area marked on my map?

TheLeoCrow, I have not used my code sucessfully before.