PDA

View Full Version : Trouble setting up jopystick

geraenzo
08-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Can someone please tell me where to find instructions on setting up the joystick with IL2 Battle of Britain...I have the Saitek Aviator Dual Throttle Joystick ( PS33 )and the game apparently does not recognize it.....without joystick this game goes to the trashcan.....

geraenzo
08-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Can someone please tell me where to find instructions on setting up the joystick with IL2 Battle of Britain...I have the Saitek Aviator Dual Throttle Joystick ( PS33 )and the game apparently does not recognize it.....without joystick this game goes to the trashcan.....

horseback
08-25-2011, 11:21 AM
One, wrong forum. You should be posting this on the Cliffs of Dover forum.

Two, does your PS3 optimized joystick show up on your Windows Game Controllers window? Not owning a 'dual use' controller, I can't help but be suspicious of controllers intended to be used on a console game AND on the PC.

As I recall, the COD axis setup is a bit more complicated than the earlier Il-2 offerings; you may want to make sure that you selected the Axis tab at the top of the menu and then clicked on 'change' and or 'reset' after you've selected the axis or button you want to assign.

It is something like three or four step process, and the .pdf manual that comes with the game is almost criminally inadequate, even assuming that you can find it in your Steam folder. YOur best bet for clear and authoritive advice is on the Community Help forum or possibly the non Ubisoft sponsored 1C forums (although they are less tolerant of complaining or angry posts AFAIK).

Finally, this is not a console game, it's a pretty sophisticated and therefore complicated combat flight sim. You have to be patient and work at it a bit to get the full value for your gaming dollar or Euro.

cheers

horseback

geraenzo
08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Thank you....will check as you suggest.