PDA

View Full Version : 4th Faction speculation.

Mr.Dragon
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Right lets use this thread to post our thoughts on what we think will probably be the 4th Faction.

Personally, though I loath to admit it, my bet is on Sylvan to keep the Alignments balanced.
I'll show you what I mean:

Inferno: Dark
Necropolis: Dark

Haven: Light
4th Faction: Light

5th Faction: Neutral

Next we have the tilesets.
Plains, twice, summer and autumn.
Has always been the home ground for Haven/Castle and Sylvan/Rampart.
Lava belongs to Inferno.
Wasteland belongs to Necropolis, they actually said this.
Underground belongs to Dungeon but is included for gameplay reasons anyway.
Jungle which doesn't strike me as elf territory. (it strikes me as Fortress territory but that's not what we're discussing here.)

So going by Territory, presuming Jungle isn't for the 4th faction home ground it would have to be Dungeon or Sylvan.
Again Sylvan would probably balance the Dark vs Light factions.

What do you guys think? and more importantly why?

Finally I would like to include that I hope it's Dungeon despite all that, and that the Black Dragon is leading the way as usual.

Mr.Dragon
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Right lets use this thread to post our thoughts on what we think will probably be the 4th Faction.

Personally, though I loath to admit it, my bet is on Sylvan to keep the Alignments balanced.
I'll show you what I mean:

Inferno: Dark
Necropolis: Dark

Haven: Light
4th Faction: Light

5th Faction: Neutral

Next we have the tilesets.
Plains, twice, summer and autumn.
Has always been the home ground for Haven/Castle and Sylvan/Rampart.
Lava belongs to Inferno.
Wasteland belongs to Necropolis, they actually said this.
Underground belongs to Dungeon but is included for gameplay reasons anyway.
Jungle which doesn't strike me as elf territory. (it strikes me as Fortress territory but that's not what we're discussing here.)

So going by Territory, presuming Jungle isn't for the 4th faction home ground it would have to be Dungeon or Sylvan.
Again Sylvan would probably balance the Dark vs Light factions.

What do you guys think? and more importantly why?

Finally I would like to include that I hope it's Dungeon despite all that, and that the Black Dragon is leading the way as usual.

dchalfont
09-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Regardless of whether or not it is the Dungeon faction shown next, it is inevitable that they will make an appearance, the black dragon is iconic and mandatory for the series, I don't think you have to worry about that. It's basically a guarantee.

My bigger hope is that the Pheonix takes the helm of Sylvan once more, there are too many dragons...bone, elemental, black/red...

In Chinese mythology, the Pheonix is the opposite to the dragon, I think it would be fitting to have it return no?

I think it should be:

Dark:
Inferno
Necroplolis
Dungeon

Light:
Haven
Sylvan
Tower

Inferno ( corruption ) vs Sylvan ( purity )
Necropolis ( Evil ) vs. Haven ( Good )
Tower ( Knowledge ) vs Dungeon ( Power )

GoranXII
09-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that Dungeon is going to be in Vanilla, for remember that Stronghold is another iconic faction, and they didn't appear in H5 till TotE.

Doomcore
09-23-2010, 04:15 AM
I want swamp fortress from H3, badly!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And dwarfs from H5....

So, another good and bad race. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr.Dragon
09-23-2010, 05:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchalfont:
My bigger hope is that the Pheonix takes the helm of Sylvan once more, there are too many dragons...bone, elemental, black/red...

In Chinese mythology, the Pheonix is the opposite to the dragon, I think it would be fitting to have it return no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, yes the Phoenix is returning, they have confirmed this.
HOWEVER it is a neutral unit and it is a pale blue.
The phoenix in Asha is associated with the Moon.
They also claimed they would cut down on the dragons.

Also in Chinese myth the Phoenix, Dragon, Turtle and Tiger are actually equals and connected to the four directions on a map.

In regards to the rest of your faction speculations, they have said that the 5th Faction will be a new addition to the series.
My bet is it might resemble one we know from earlier but overall will feel different.

CaptainVanguard
09-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Given the context of the HOMMV timeline its going to be the Dragon Knights as a faction.

Think about it...

As for the forth faction?

Academy, most likley.

My reasoning for the above is because the Sylvan and Dungeon factions are assosiated with elves.

Going by what the campaign has offered us, the Gryphon children will all be human.

Since those are the only factions im aware of that accept humans in their ranks, its safe to assume they are the factions that will be used.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif just food for thought.

Doomcore
09-25-2010, 05:45 AM
I don't remember that Dungeon was related to Elfs in H3. Actually a relation of Dungeon with Sylvan in H5 was not a good idea to me at all. I prefer the Dungeon style from H3 always.

Xenofex_086
09-25-2010, 07:03 AM
He means the Ashan Dungeon, I suppose. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I expect and hope for Academy - it's important for the storyline and it's among the more interesting factions in the otherwise boring world that came to live with HoMM V.
As for the new faction - there are some hints for swamp-based Naga.

Armegar
09-27-2010, 04:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xenofex_086:
He means the Ashan Dungeon, I suppose. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I expect and hope for Academy - it's important for the storyline and it's among the more interesting factions in the otherwise boring world that came to live with HoMM V.
As for the new faction - there are some hints for swamp-based Naga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah your right, They pretty much already confirmed there will be definitely be an academy faction due to the storyline :] I'm looking forward to more details on it.

5th faction swamp? where did you hear about that?

BlackEscaflowne
09-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Personally,I never liked the switch to arabian influence in the Academy. I liked it the most when it was Gandalf-type wizards and their experiments...not veziers on elephants.

DJ_Nekrom
09-27-2010, 02:57 PM
These "arabian" influenced Wizards you mention are probably very much inspired by D&D Forgotten Realms wizards from the land of Halruaa (Shining south) - same dressing-style and type of architecture + flying sail ships specialization &gt;&gt; Tear of Asha in Academy.

Moreover, I suppose the flying city is also inspired (or partially inspired) by Forgotten Realms Netherese Arcanists flying fortresses (upside down mountain tips, made flying by magic with a city on them).

I personally liked this approach very much as it gives a newer taste to wizards - but why not implement both mage flavors - there might be more than one mage-type unit/style in the game - let's say a Summoner one, an Invocator or an Abjurer, Conjurer ...etc which could be inspired by different fantasy wizard styles (maybe as neutrals if not enough space to put into factions).

Neutral units with a bit more specific background and specialized feel could be very interesting :-)

Idea taken or not I can't wait for this game to come out. And as HOMM tradition implies, I'm already awaiting for the possible expansions to be announced

Destruction3402
09-28-2010, 04:50 AM
5 cities are way short IMO, but that's what they have said... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I wish there were like 8 factions like HOMM3 had.
5 factions won't cut it, which of Stronghold, Tower, Dungeon or Fortress we will lose remains to see.

mcgslo
09-28-2010, 05:23 AM
well if i think more deeply than 5 faction with core and 2 Addons that adds 2 race each would be like my idea of 9 races alltogether at the end.... 3 evil, 3 good and 3 neutral... and also perfect match for balancing.

So now i accepted 5 races but only if there would be 4 more in the future. Thumbs up.

I didnt like fortress since all units looked the same and runes were not such good idea (didnt like them). Would rather have Swamp castle. Rage was also off target.. but barbarians shoul be in the finall finall game.

Alderbranchh
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
My guess is still for the Pirate monkey-race... THAT would add a new twist. Ive requested that for years. ^^

I could settle for Ninja pirate monkeys though...

GoranXII
09-28-2010, 03:11 PM
IMO either Academy+Naga or Sylvan+Dark Elves/New Dungeon.

Xenofex_086
10-01-2010, 01:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Armegar:
5th faction swamp? where did you hear about that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nowhere, I'm just saying that it is possible. It is said that the new faction will be "totally new" (I do hope that this does not mean the HoMM-V-Dungeon-sort-of-"new"), also that there will be swamp terrain and there are speculations about an incoming Naga faction since HoMM V.

Arcxis
10-03-2010, 08:50 AM
IMHO, 4th faction will be academy
because story tells about human dynasty i doubt a lot that we will see any elven (or dwarf) based factions, maybe it will be 4 led by humans factions and 1 by half human, like:
corrupted humans - inferno
undead humans - necropolis
orderly humans - haven
wise humans - academy

Instead i foresee add-on focused on elvish wars and how dark elves appeared (it even was about same time as dynasty wars +/- few hundred years, also about same time orcs take off from wizard's lands, add-on number 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

And 5th faction would be by my thoughts some half-human, maybe serpent-queen concept, from one side something like dungeon whit power-magic-based-heroes whit harpy, medusa, naga, from other side something different, new and from jungle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mr.Dragon
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arcxis:
IMHO, 4th faction will be academy
because story tells about human dynasty i doubt a lot that we will see any elven (or dwarf) based factions, maybe it will be 4 led by humans factions and 1 by half human, like:
corrupted humans - inferno
undead humans - necropolis
orderly humans - haven
wise humans - academy

Instead i foresee add-on focused on elvish wars and how dark elves appeared (it even was about same time as dynasty wars +/- few hundred years, also about same time orcs take off from wizard's lands, add-on number 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

And 5th faction would be by my thoughts some half-human, maybe serpent-queen concept, from one side something like dungeon whit power-magic-based-heroes whit harpy, medusa, naga, from other side something different, new and from jungle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correction: The story is about five children of a human Dynasty, 2 of which have come into power in their factions (Haven and Necro) through reasonably conventional means.

However, the third is "trapped" so to speak in a fate he didn't ask for, far away from home with a demon fighting for possession of his body and has seemingly fought tooth and nail to get to the position where he can lead demons.

Simply having the Inferno side of the story focus on a human already presents us with that the factions need not even be remotely related with humanity, AT ALL.

The 4th and 5th sons/daughters could easily have worked their way up into a position of power with elves, dwarves, orcs, troglodytes, naga, cosmic horrors from beyond or the elements themselves.
They are likely powerful individuals of great skill and character, throughout history, fiction and gaming media many times "outsiders" have become great leaders of people otherwise alien to them.

Arcxis
10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Dragon:
The 4th and 5th sons/daughters could easily have worked their way up into a position of power with elves, dwarves, orcs, troglodytes, naga, cosmic horrors from beyond or the elements themselves.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the sons and daughters should be leaders of own faction, and because of proud and hard-temper of dwarves or elves it is hard to imagine any human (or someone else not of their kind) who could climb to highest position over their society, become captain or lieutenant (hero) they could, but not the leader, even in warcraft elves there not part of alliance, but only allies, but of course this doesn't work in part whit orcs, troglodytes, elementals and other - there was a lot of humans who could by one way or another become leaders of them, as Kilburn etc. (of course there could be woodland faction there elf is only one creature from all line of 7, like some human-druids-based-faction, but not more, or it's not true elves)

PS sorry for my English

Mr.Dragon
10-04-2010, 01:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arcxis:
All the sons and daughters should be leaders of own faction </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why should they?
Factions don't even have to be united by them selves, you could, and we've often had, for example necromancers battle other necromancers, or haven battle haven.
Factions are not necessarily 100% united and their heroes don't have to be the highest ranking authority.
This is a story about 5 humans who happen to be siblings who in their own way, play their part in the grand scheme of things, some as royalty some as victims.

The Inferno guy is not the "Leader" of the Inferno, he sounds like a powerful warrior and general but probably commands only a handful of demons for his own reasons.
Nowhere does it explicitly state he is the head-honcho, and that would make very little sense.
Seeing Demons follow a human is a heck of a lot weirder then Dwarves or Elves.
So if one of them can rise to a position of power amongst demons, there is no reason the two remaining siblings can't.

Arcxis
10-04-2010, 02:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Dragon:
All the sons and daughters should be leaders of own faction </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why should they?
Factions don't even have to be united by them selves, you could, and we've often had, for example necromancers battle other necromancers, or haven battle haven.
Factions are not necessarily 100% united and their heroes don't have to be the highest ranking authority.
This is a story about 5 humans who happen to be siblings who in their own way, play their part in the grand scheme of things, some as royalty some as victims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one says about 100% united faction, more over - any faction can have more then one leader, but it will be true leader whit authority, like there is human kingdoms each whit own king, dwarfish clans, necromantic cults, and so and so, but if human can be leader of some necromantic cult (as 90% of cultists are or were humans) or orcish clan, it's hard to imagine human in role of dwarf clan king or elven elder, or some orc\elf\dwarf as king of any human kingdom.

The Inferno guy is not the "Leader" of the Inferno, he sounds like a powerful warrior and general but probably commands only a handful of demons for his own reasons.
Nowhere does it explicitly state he is the head-honcho, and that would make very little sense.
Seeing Demons follow a human is a heck of a lot weirder then Dwarves or Elves.
So if one of them can rise to a position of power amongst demons, there is no reason the two remaining siblings can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, hi is not, but hi is possessed\corrupted\controlled by true demon leader, some greater devil and lesser demons obey only because ordered so, hi is marionette in evil hands, and this is ways of evil, not good, again - it's hard to imagine that elves will try to make some one as they marionette, and even harder to imagine dwarves in that role, as they even doesn't posses strong magic like that, that's not their ways. What is good move for one race often is unusable by other.

Mr.Dragon
10-04-2010, 05:48 AM
No one says about 100% united faction, more over - any faction can have more then one leader, but it will be true leader whit authority, like there is human kingdoms each whit own king, dwarfish clans, necromantic cults, and so and so, but if human can be leader of some necromantic cult (as 90% of cultists are or were humans) or orcish clan, it's hard to imagine human in role of dwarf clan king or elven elder, or some orc\elf\dwarf as king of any human kingdom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thing we agree on: a Human cannot be the "King" of say Dwarves, Elves or Orcs.
Thing we disagree on: The children of the campaign have to be "Kings".
I personally see their role within the power structure as a rank between luitenant and general, not "king".
They don't have to be extremely high ranking to be Heroes and lead an army.

No, he is not, but hi is possessed\corrupted\controlled by true demon leader, some greater devil and lesser demons obey only because ordered so, hi is marionette in evil hands, and this is ways of evil, not good, again - it's hard to imagine that elves will try to make some one as they marionette, and even harder to imagine dwarves in that role, as they even doesn't posses strong magic like that, that's not their ways. What is good move for one race often is unusable by other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To quote from official sources:
"3rd CHILD: KIRIL – INFERNO
Betrayed by someone he trusted above all people.
Sacrificed to the powers of Sheogh.
His soul is ripped apart in a terrible ritual to share his body, and his memories, with a powerful Demon.
The Demon guest and his host fight for control, with the human’s soul as their battlefield.
Torn between two loyalties, whom will he pledge allegiance to?"

Lets analyze that segment.

"Betrayed by someone he trusted above all people."
Not much to go on.
"Sacrificed to the powers of Sheogh."
This could indicate he has undergone some ritual which renders him transformed but it is a little fuzzy.
"His soul is ripped apart in a terrible ritual to share his body, and his memories, with a powerful Demon.
The Demon guest and his host fight for control, with the human’s soul as their battlefield."
Now we're getting somewhere, so he is possessed and fighting for control, please note that he is "fighting" not defeated.
"Torn between two loyalties, whom will he pledge allegiance to?"
This indicates that he will be confronted with a choice, will he give in to demonic power/possession or even submit to a demon lord?
Will he rejoin his brother and fight to protect their kingdom?
Or will he fight for his own sake and carve his own realm?

Right, it COULD be that he is possessed by, or might become, or is otherwise related to the Demon Sovereign.

But now lets have a look at this:
"2nd CHILD: ANASTASYA - NECROPOLIS
Her father’s murderer.
Executed by her beloved brother Anton.
Brought back to life as an undead Necromancer.
Did she really kill her father? If yes, why?
She must recover her memories to find the truth!"
My my, no mention of her even being in a remote position of power, heck she was executed by her brother and he's pretty much Haven's head-honcho.
Anastasya was raised (verb), this indicates another necromancer or higher power raised her.
Her role will probably at least initially place her as a lackey to a higher ranking necromancer.

Now lets look at the past:
Take the Heroes V campaign, the demon one, Agrael was merely a pawn (with his own plans mind you) of the Demon Sovereign.
Findan was a renowned hero but not a king, Alaron was.
Freyda, the main character of the first Hammers of Fate campaign is a mere knight commander carrying out missions given to her at first and eventually betrays the ruling authority.
Wulfstan is initially a mere border general and even declared a traitor at some point.
Ylaya, another "small fry" in the massive powerstruggles of Heroes V.

Heck most of the main heroes of the previous campaigns weren't very high ranking let alone royalty.
We have no reason to believe the five children of a DUKE (not a king) will be LEADING factions.
(The Griffin line won't be true royalty until around 300 years AFTER the Heroes VI campaign.)
So making assumptions about the factions based on the five human children is a nearly (not entirely) moot point at this point in time.

Arcxis
10-04-2010, 06:49 AM
I personally see their role within the power structure as a rank between luitenant and general, not "king".
They don't have to be extremely high ranking to be Heroes and lead an army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong
a) a Human cannot be the "King" of say Dwarves, Elves, but can become king of orcs, troglodytes, lizardmen or other societies there enough to be strongest to become a "king" or something else like that.
b) I didn't say "have to be a king", enough if they will be, let say, tribe or clan chieftain, some overlord taken control of land by straight, high council member of royal court or some dark cult, and yes duke or count or marquess good enough for me too.

Most heroes there not "kings", but they didn't wont become king ether, especially threw succession.

spydrmunkie
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
One thing I want to stress and what I liked about the previous heroes is that the game is Heroes of Might and Magic.... I would like to see a good balance between Might and Magic.... More might in my opinion. A faction that is more like the old Behemoth castle. Strong creatures, high growth, no magic. But get rid of the stupid rage that H5 had.

vadagar11
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I want my flying city back :P

academy/tower will, no MUST be present, mages, jinn, and titans... come on no heroes without those.

Mr.Dragon
10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
They don't have to be extremely high ranking to be Heroes and lead an army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong
a) a Human cannot be the "King" of say Dwarves, Elves, but can become king of orcs, troglodytes, lizardmen or other societies there enough to be strongest to become a "king" or something else like that.
b) I didn't say "have to be a king", enough if they will be, let say, tribe or clan chieftain, some overlord taken control of land by straight, high council member of royal court or some dark cult, and yes duke or count or marquess good enough for me too.

Most heroes there not "kings", but they didn't wont become king ether, especially threw succession. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using the word "king" as "King or it's equivalent, like chieftain, tribe elder, regent etc."
But I'm starting to think we might be on the same page it's just that (excuse me for this) your english is a little to messy for me to dissect. (I'm not a native english speaker myself)

What I'm trying to say is that it's probably likely that some of the children will start of in "low" positions of power, like how I think it is probably Anastasya will most likely be the servant of another necromancer, at least at first.
That also makes it easier to integrate them into a race which is "alien" to them.

As for Academy being essential, Heroes of Might and Magic 1 did not have an academy, so yes, it actually can be heroes without them, same goes for Necropolis and Inferno.
The most iconic town for the series has always been dungeon though, with the black (purple in HoMM1) dragon at the top and the warlock hero class.
But even those might be cut for the initial release.
We're getting 4 old towns, 2 of which aren't part of the original 4 towns of HoMM1.
So anybody is likely to get axed.

CaptainVanguard
10-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Thing is, according to the timeline of HOMMV and provided the story developers keep to it:

564 YSD. 2nd Eclipse - Rise of the Demon Sovereign

Total lunar eclipse. This time the Blind Brothers had predicted it, and the Alliance, helped by the Dragon Knights, is quick to react. Only a small band of demons manage to escape into the world. The names of the Demon Lords, Urgash’s first children, are heard no more. Instead, the name of Mal-Beleth, the new and only Demon Sovereign, appears.

Combined with this:

Might & Magic Heroes VI will take place in 564 YSD*, roughly some 400 years before Might & Magic Heroes V, at the time of the second Blood Moon Eclipse, and the Rise of Kha Beleth, the Demon Sovereign.

It is safe to assume that the Dragon Knights will be the "new" faction.

During the timeline there is also alot of activity between the Sylvan and Dungeon Factions going on elsewhere, its safe to assume that will be touched on in an expansion if there is one.

Fortress faction is also mostly unmentioned as is Stronghold, so, quite logically these factions wont be appearing.

The conclusion?

Academy will be the 4th returning faction.

Dragon Knights will be the 5th new faction.

Mr.Dragon
10-09-2010, 02:08 PM
The Dragon Knights might not be a playable faction or they might be represented in the campaign by certain heroes and or neutral creatures.

Sylvan might be part of the initial line-up and present in the story, only to introduce Dungeon during an expansion.

I'm not saying my theories are more likely, I'm saying we have to remember, we can't be sure.
There's A LOT of arguments for almost any faction being the 4th based on mechanics, lore, alignment and many many more.

So whilst I think it's a fun idea to place a bet, I wouldn't make guarantees.

nqox
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I need to say this: I want dungeon dungeon dungeon!!!

and i am not a big fan of dragons in nearly every faction. dragons are so cliché. wanna see different 7th tier in every faction.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
When we're speculating about the 4th faction, I tend to try to look at things in terms of game balance. Thus far, we've got...

Haven (Might/Magic mix-Good)
Necro (Might/Magic mix-Evil)
Inferno (Might/Magic mix-Evil)

I think we'll see a purely Might town and a purely Magic town. I also think we'll see a "good" town and one somewhat "neutral".

I'm thinking Academy (Magic-good) and Stronghold (Might-neutral).

I know some are thinking (hoping) for Sylvan & Dungeon, but consider the fact that H6 is a prequel. I think they'll leave out both the elvish-based towns for an expansion pack so they can focus on the elvish war storyline for the campaigns.

Now if they are indeed adding a "new" town, I have a feeling it'll be my Academy getting the boot and the new town will be a good/magic faction.

And btw...while I obviously DO know what the next factions are, this is exactly my train of thought BEFORE I found out. I'm trying to post with that train of thought in mind. Not the 20-20 hindsight. So I'm NOT giving away hints here, only speculation.

Mr.Dragon
11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I changed my mind and am now on the Stronghold team for a 4th faction.

CBA to explain it all here again when I wrote a long thing about in on HC but here's the short version:

Stronghold brings better cultural diversity then Sylvan, with far more simple and unique motives and behaviour.
Stronghold fits the "autumn" plains/woodlands terrain quite well.
I'd count the factions as balance wise as:
-Necro (leaning magic)
-Haven and Inferno (balanced might and magic)
-*Stronghold (leaning might)
-*5th faction (balanced OR symmetry breaker)

About their alignments, I don't care so much, I think we should ditch the symmetry in faction alignments anyway.

I have one other reason but that is based on my 5th faction theory, Stronghold meshing better with that, but that's a whole other story.

mcgslo
11-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Lets speculate from world tiles they mentioned: Jungle, Plains, Lava, Wasteland, Underground
I say:
-1st Human/Heaven (plains)
-2nd Necromancers (wasteland)
-3rd Inferno (Lava)

-4th Sylvan (Jungle) or is new faction in Jugle Tile.

They say they will introduce new faction.
-5th Some underground faction... maybe dungeon or really new faction (dragon knights?)

There are no snow, desert tiles mentioned so Academy does not fit other "tiles" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stronghold can easyly be in next addon...

ADDON1: might-magic war
-6th Academy (desert) ---magic
-7th stronghold (plains) ---might

ADDON2:
-8th Sylvan or Dungeon depends on the release...
-9th New faction or reworked old faction, Swamp Fortress, or some snow faction

my opinion offcourse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ideealer
11-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Okey help me out here. I just found that HOMM6 is comming out soon, so I haven't really been in this "debatt". So...is this a sequel or a prequel???