PDA

View Full Version : Al Mualim could possibly still be alive in later Altair memorys

pacmanate
10-16-2011, 06:08 AM
By now you guys should know that some seals contain memories of Altair before the events of AC1, when Al Mualim was still alive. However there is this clip that suggests that even after AC1, when Altair killed Al Mualim, that he could still be alive. Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_UwqdtAuH4

Altair - "This body could be another one of Al Mualims Phantoms"

When he says another he could be referring to when Al Mualim made a million copies of himself (exaggeration i know)when he fought him at the end of AC1. Or Altair could be talking about something beyond that.

There is a codex page that said that the apple of eden could grant infinite life (or long life, or something). Whose to say that Al Mualim didn't do that to himself. My reasoning behind this, is that Al Mualim knew how to make copies of himself and he knew how to hold Altair in place and subject his movement. Whose to say he didn't know other tricks and secrets of the apple

pacmanate
10-16-2011, 06:08 AM
By now you guys should know that some seals contain memories of Altair before the events of AC1, when Al Mualim was still alive. However there is this clip that suggests that even after AC1, when Altair killed Al Mualim, that he could still be alive. Take a look at this video:

When he says another he could be referring to when Al Mualim made a million copies of himself (exaggeration i know)when he fought him at the end of AC1. Or Altair could be talking about something beyond that.

There is a codex page that said that the apple of eden could grant infinite life (or long life, or something). Whose to say that Al Mualim didn't do that to himself. My reasoning behind this, is that Al Mualim knew how to make copies of himself and he knew how to hold Altair in place and subject his movement. Whose to say he didn't know other tricks and secrets of the apple

ace3001
10-16-2011, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pacmanate:

There is a codex page that said that the apple of eden could grant infinite life (or long life, or something). Whose to say that Al Mualim didn't do that to himself. My reasoning behind this, is that Al Mualim knew how to make copies of himself and he knew how to hold Altair in place and subject his movement. Whose to say he didn't know other tricks and secrets of the apple </div></BLOCKQUOTE>While it looks possible, the novel "The Secret Crusade" has sealed the deal on Altair's later story. No, Al Mualim doesn't come back.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:17 AM
The apple doesn't grant eternal life. TWCB didn't have the means (according to Juno they almost did) and Al Mualim didn't create actual copies, he created illusions. They weren't physical bodies he could live in.

ace3001
10-16-2011, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
The apple doesn't grant eternal life. TWCB didn't have the means (according to Juno they almost did) and Al Mualim didn't create actual copies, he created illusions. They weren't physical bodies he could live in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, and this too. Altair didn't know it for sure until he got his hands on the Apple and studied it, I guess.

ShaneO7K
The bodies were actually Assassin guards with the illusion of the templars and Al Mualim. The body Altair burned was the real one.

EscoBlades
A bit off topic but, I really don't know why people feel they can just rip and reupload my video all over youtube. Especially as the original is still freely available to view on my channel.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 06:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
A bit off topic but, I really don't know why people feel they can just rip and reupload my video all over youtube. Especially as the original is still freely available to view on my channel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Youtubers are idiots, people are ripping the 4players.de vids and uploading them trying to take full credit.

It's all a case of trying to get more views.

EscoBlades
10-16-2011, 06:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
A bit off topic but, I really don't know why people feel they can just rip and reupload my video all over youtube. Especially as the original is still freely available to view on my channel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Youtubers are idiots, people are ripping the 4players.de vids and uploading them trying to take full credit.

It's all a case of trying to get more views. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And even those were originally stolen by way of a leak, then uploaded well before the embargo lifted. Oh well.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
The bodies were actually Assassin guards with the illusion of the templars and Al Mualim. The body Altair burned was the real one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's only in the case of the 9 targets (Robert, etc.) he had to kill again. The copies of Al Mualim had no bodies.

ace3001
10-16-2011, 06:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"assassin's creed revelation..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EscoBlades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hahaaa... Way to go! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"assassin's creed revelation..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EscoBlades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hahaaa... Way to go! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
Pwned

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
The bodies were actually Assassin guards with the illusion of the templars and Al Mualim. The body Altair burned was the real one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's only in the case of the 9 targets (Robert, etc.) he had to kill again. The copies of Al Mualim had no bodies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah it's been a while since a played the ending fight, I could only remember the assassin guards being used as an illusion for the templars.

But yeah will be playing AC1 to prepare for ACR like I do everywhere before an AC game releases.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
That's only in the case of the 9 targets (Robert, etc.) he had to kill again. The copies of Al Mualim had no bodies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah it's been a while since a played the ending fight, I could only remember the assassin guards being used as an illusion for the templars.

But yeah will be playing AC1 to prepare for ACR like I do everywhere before an AC game releases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I'm also replaying ACB again. Might go through all three games again afterwards if I have enough time before ACR.

Sarari
10-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Wait so Al Mualim's "illusion" bodies didn't have anybody controlling them? So it couldn't harm Altair?

LightRey
10-16-2011, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Wait so Al Mualim's "illusion" bodies didn't have anybody controlling them? So it couldn't harm Altair? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That I do not know. I'm not sure just what exactly those illusions are or if being "harmed" by them causes physical damage and if not whether that'd even matter. If you can create an illusion that makes its victim think he's (mortally) wounded, then that could very well cause the one making the illusion to win the battle regardless of whether it actually harms him whether it's by a destruction of the mind (such as with using the apple in ACB) or by just killing them while they're lying on the ground thinking their legs are cut off.

Moultonborough
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Wait so Al Mualim's "illusion" bodies didn't have anybody controlling them? So it couldn't harm Altair? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I died a bunch of time from his copies. You can definitely be hurt by them. Altair burns his body to make doubly sure.

Altair661
10-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Im pretty sure when Ezio multiplied himself in AC2 he hurt Rodrigo. Also, I never knew this until like me 3rd playthrough, but when there's multiple Al Muliam's you can use Eagle Vision to find the real one.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Im pretty sure when Ezio multiplied himself in AC2 he hurt Rodrigo. Also, I never knew this until like me 3rd playthrough, but when there's multiple Al Muliam's you can use Eagle Vision to find the real one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's like the matrix: your mind thinks it's hurting you, even if it isn't.

Similarly, PoE's can't make people hover in the air, but they can make people THINK that they're hovering. That's what happened to Ezio with Rodrigo, when Rodrigo stabbed him.

masterfenix2009
10-16-2011, 12:28 PM
The apple doesn't grant eternal life. TWCB didn't have the means (according to Juno they almost did) and Al Mualim didn't create actual copies, he created illusions. They weren't physical bodies he could live in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>True. But the apple could have knowledge on how to extend your life. Though it is unlikely.....

LightRey
10-16-2011, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
The apple doesn't grant eternal life. TWCB didn't have the means (according to Juno they almost did) and Al Mualim didn't create actual copies, he created illusions. They weren't physical bodies he could live in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>True. But the apple could have knowledge on how to extend your life. Though it is unlikely..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
extend, maybe, grant immortality, no.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Why is anyone making more of this than it is? We know that Al Mualim is actually dead, Altair is just trying to prove a point and make absolutely sure.

Please tell me this isn't going to turn into another red footsteps thread.

EscoBlades
10-16-2011, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Why is anyone making more of this than it is? We know that Al Mualim is actually dead, Altair is just trying to prove a point and make absolutely sure.

Please tell me this isn't going to turn into another red footsteps thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shouldn't. He's dead....ash...dust. That is all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Sarari
10-16-2011, 12:48 PM
So all of Al Mualim's life, he's tried to get the PoE???

LightRey
10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
So all of Al Mualim's life, he's tried to get the PoE??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably not. He probably had other plans in the beginning.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">While it looks possible, the novel "The Secret Crusade" has sealed the deal on Altair's later story. No, Al Mualim doesn't come back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This

Sarari
10-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Probably not. He probably had other plans in the beginning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What were his other plans? Was it to seek peace?

LightRey
10-16-2011, 01:49 PM
What were his other plans? Was it to seek peace? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Possibly. He didn't seem to be so Templar-like during Alta´r's younger years. It might be that he simply "converted" to the Templar ways later on.

Sarari
10-16-2011, 02:14 PM
What were his other plans? Was it to seek peace? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Possibly. He didn't seem to be so Templar-like during Alta´r's younger years. It might be that he simply "converted" to the Templar ways later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My theory is that he knew that all the assassin's stood for wouldn't bring world peace so he decided to use the apple.