PDA

View Full Version : PF kills CloneCD

oddlegs
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
PF installed fine and so far no probs. Well pleasded with it despite modest system - Win98/AMD2200/ATI9600. However, I am p***ed off at having to uninstall CloneCD before PF would run. CloneCD is a legit piece of software that I bought and registered. I don't have a virtual drive, have never used or wanted one, this feature of CloneCD has always been disabled on my PC. Yet, I had to uninstall the program before PF would run. Where is the warning about this... UBI owe legit CloneCD users an aplogy at least...there,.. I've said it.

Yellonet
10-27-2004, 01:46 PM
You are right. It's unacceptable. I use Daemon Tools with legal software. And even if I was using it for something illegal it doesn't give UBI the right to practically force me to uninstall such software... it's really bad.. Makes you wonder what software/data is gonna be on the "black list" in the future. P2P software? non-UBI games?... a far stretch... maybe.

Hawgdog
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
A bump to the top for reality

And a bump cause I'm not happy with UBI and all the cookies they insist your IE must accept to get to the site. The kind of cookies that do NOT have a third party privacy policy i.e. they can do with the info collected whatever they see fit.
later-

JG52Uther
10-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Have you checked SimHQ.com?they might have a solution to your problems

Cossack_UA
10-27-2004, 03:21 PM
The only ones that get punished by antipiracy features are the ones who bought a legitimate copy.

Pirats have been enjoying the game for months now and without having to incert the disk or remove any software.

Lockon doesnt requre a CD to run since the last patch.

El Turo
10-27-2004, 03:34 PM
It's like most poorly aimed "protection".. gun laws, drug laws.. all they do is harm the peaceful, law abiding citizens while the criminals run amok anyway.

Dumb. Very dumb.