PDA

View Full Version : Remember how AC1 was so glitchy?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm playing through the game again, and have become increasingly irritated at it the more I play it. After not playing it for a while, I seem to always think "It's not so bad...", but it is!

Anyway, out of curiosity, does anyone know if they put anything like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_(video_game)#Windows_version) into the counsel version, for whatever reason? Maybe this is the reason it ends up so glitchy? Thoughts?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm playing through the game again, and have become increasingly irritated at it the more I play it. After not playing it for a while, I seem to always think "It's not so bad...", but it is!

Anyway, out of curiosity, does anyone know if they put anything like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_(video_game)#Windows_version) into the counsel version, for whatever reason? Maybe this is the reason it ends up so glitchy? Thoughts?

AdmiralPerry
08-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, exactly, but I know the PC version has a few extra missions for investigations. At least, I think they're extra missions...

Has your game crashed, or is it just glitching up? Sounds to me like the bug is only intended to make the game crash, not cause other glitches. I don't think they would put a bug into their own game that would render it unable to be completed. I think that bug only shows up in the pirated versions, but how you would introduce such a bug is beyond me. Might be something in the game's coding that only activates if someone tries to copy/illegally upload the game?

I've played on the console (don't particularly trust PC games, as a rule) and I've been able to finish the game, so the bug is not in the console version.

kriegerdesgottes
08-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Hmm, the only problem I ever remember it having was when it first came out and sometimes the game would just never load and you'd be stuck in limbo in the animus forever. They fixed that though.

O6EvolutionIXMR
08-09-2011, 07:17 PM
My only issue with it is the ANNOYING repetitive dialog. Mainly from the citizens & guards. I can't tell you how many times i've sunk my hidden blade into annoying beggars because of this.
Despite what the reviews said about the repetitiveness of the missions, I love the game. But the dialog is just horrendous.

Can I have some money...please, i'm so hungry...just a few coin.... SHUT UP!!!

kriegerdesgottes
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
My only issue with it is the ANNOYING repetitive dialog. Mainly from the citizens & guards. I can't tell you how many times i've sunk my hidden blade into annoying beggars because of this.
Despite what the reviews said about the repetitiveness of the missions, I love the game. But the dialog is just horrendous.

Can I have some money...please, i'm so hungry...just a few coin.... SHUT UP!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha oh yeah that is true. I hated also how you had to sit there and listen to Al Mualim yap for an hour every time you wanted to replay the game and you couldn't skip it.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I've had a whole array of issues. I've had everything from the game stahling in limbo, and failing to load in the animus as described above; to the game freezing mid sequence; to the game aspects (story line/characters I'm supposed to talk to) freezing but noting else; to the game crashing, and my PS3 performing a self restart. The game is also very laggy, and has never seemed to render all that well. I can't seem to figure out why. The disc is in exvcellent condition, and this is the only game that performs this way in my Play Station.

Jexx21
08-09-2011, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, exactly, but I know the PC version has a few extra missions for investigations. At least, I think they're extra missions...

Has your game crashed, or is it just glitching up? Sounds to me like the bug is only intended to make the game crash, not cause other glitches. I don't think they would put a bug into their own game that would render it unable to be completed. I think that bug only shows up in the pirated versions, but how you would introduce such a bug is beyond me. Might be something in the game's coding that only activates if someone tries to copy/illegally upload the game?

I've played on the console (don't particularly trust PC games, as a rule) and I've been able to finish the game, so the bug is not in the console version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the PC version doesn't have any bugs like he's talking about either.

O6EvolutionIXMR
08-09-2011, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">line/characters I'm supposed to talk to) freezing but noting else; to the game crashing, and my PS3 performing a self restart. The game is also very laggy, and has never seemed to render all that well. I can't seem to figure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just for the record, i've played the entire game several times since it's initial release in Nov of '07(4-5 times) on my 360 and I can't remember one time where it crashed to the point that I had to restart the game/console. Never had any hang ups or anything other than the minor gameplay-related glitches like getting stuck on objects during movement.
Maybe it's your PS3? Overheating issues?

kriegerdesgottes
08-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah I also have had it since Nov 2007 for PS3 and I've never had any real problems other than the one I mentioned earlier and like I said, they pretty much fixed that.

LightRey
08-10-2011, 06:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">line/characters I'm supposed to talk to) freezing but noting else; to the game crashing, and my PS3 performing a self restart. The game is also very laggy, and has never seemed to render all that well. I can't seem to figure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just for the record, i've played the entire game several times since it's initial release in Nov of '07(4-5 times) on my 360 and I can't remember one time where it crashed to the point that I had to restart the game/console. Never had any hang ups or anything other than the minor gameplay-related glitches like getting stuck on objects during movement.
Maybe it's your PS3? Overheating issues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
same here.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't suspect it's an overheating issue. I've thought about that before as well. I check the playstation, and it barely registers any heat. I'd barely say it's luke warm. One one, maybe two occassions, it did get a little warmer than normal, but on those days, nothing happened. I'm very particular about that, and how warm it gets. I know it's a first generation PS3, and they had overheating problems, so I watch it really close.

AdmiralPerry
08-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Ah, I assumed you were playing on the PC, since the link you provided brought me right to the section about the Windows version of AC. I suspect it might be a problem with the disc, though you did say that the disc looked fine. Perhaps the laser in your PS3 is going bad or needs to be cleaned?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-10-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Ah, I assumed you were playing on the PC, since the link you provided brought me right to the section about the Windows version of AC. I suspect it might be a problem with the disc, though you did say that the disc looked fine. Perhaps the laser in your PS3 is going bad or needs to be cleaned? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the link I did provide does go to that section. I was curious to know if somehow, this coding got substituted onto the discs somehow.

I like the suggestion on cleaning the laser. I had thought about doing that for some time now, as I have had the system since it came out, and have never done so. My only concern was how to go about doing it safely. I have one of the cleaning systems with a disc and small mounted brush with a cleaning solution I use in CD players, and DVD players. It seems to work fine. However, the mounted brush may not go through the slot in the PS3. Are there any suggestions on how to go about cleanining it?

L.Cie
08-11-2011, 09:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
I like the suggestion on cleaning the laser. I had thought about doing that for some time now, as I have had the system since it came out, and have never done so. My only concern was how to go about doing it safely. I have one of the cleaning systems with a disc and small mounted brush with a cleaning solution I use in CD players, and DVD players. It seems to work fine. However, the mounted brush may not go through the slot in the PS3. Are there any suggestions on how to go about cleanining it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if it's in the same category, but a few years back my PS2 was playing up so we got a -- and my memory is a little blurred -- 'laser lense cleaner', which was essentially a normal disk that played a bunch of tests and did... something to the console as it read it. Not sure if it ever worked, though.

It doesn't sound like the best idea to put the brush-mounted disk, though; it may get stuck in there. Dx
Do continue to watch the PS3 closely, though.. A lot of the launch models are failing lately (mine went in late '09), out of pure age and being worn out. They do freeze quite a bit when they're in their last months, even if they sometimes don't seem to be overheating.
Mine reset itself a few times, too, in the last month or two before it finally went out, so make sure you have everything backed up. :/

Off topic even further, does anyone who's had a Slim and a launch model think the Slims heat up a little faster? Mine seems to. O.o

BACK on topic: I haven't played in two years, but I don't remember the game being all that glitchy. There were the occassional hilarious harmless ones, but nothing much more than that really.
As for the anti-piracy bug, it seems an odd thing to be put into, or slip into, a console version, and it sounds like Ubi removed it before release. *shrug*

xCr0wnedNorris
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
*Reads title*

Was and still is...

Poodle_of_Doom
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
*Reads title*

Was and still is... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

@L.Cie:

I agree about not putting the brush one in there. The reason you mention was the same that I had. At that, I knew the older models were burning up. My friend had one, and it was out of warrenty when it happened. Sony was kind enough to try to refurbish it for him, and when they couldn't, they gave him a new slim.... It was actually kind of neat. My only problem with the slims is that they no longer play the PS2 games from what I understand.

Animuses
08-12-2011, 01:34 AM
It's a glitchy game regardless of what platform you are playing it on.

eagleforlife1
08-12-2011, 02:40 AM
The first time I played AC1 I hated it. I am currently replaying it now as I thought maybe I'll enjoy it more having completed AC2 and ACB. But it is just as I remember it and I doubt that I will ever play it again after this.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I guess in a way, I'm glad to hear a few negitive comments as well. It means it's not as bad as I expected.

Mr_Shade
08-12-2011, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Anyway, out of curiosity, does anyone know if they put anything like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_(video_game)#Windows_version) into the counsel version, for whatever reason? Maybe this is the reason it ends up so glitchy? Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you mean the 'bug' that crashes the game if you use the pirate version..

'According to Ubisoft, a computer bug was purposely inserted into the pre-release version of the game by the publisher itself to unpredictably crash the game and prevent completion as a security measure'

Then that is something you may never find the answer too..

I can only suggest people use legal software.. since that should not contain that 'bug'.. it was hidden on purpose - and removed for release.. or was it.. [insert spooky woooooooooo] http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Maybe you could explain just what you mean....

I'm guessing you mean the 'bug'?

LightRey
08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Does this mean Poodle_of_Doom is using a pirated version of the game?

Mr_Shade
08-12-2011, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Does this mean Poodle_of_Doom is using a pirated version of the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I would hope he is asking out of curiosity..

Would be very silly to post asking about a problem in a game, that only affects pirated versions - on the official forum..

Hence my question asking for clarification - since this is the console forum - and he appears to be playing on PC? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, to make it clear.... I am using the legal version of the game. What I was curious to know has already been answered. However, for you shade, I'll happily clarify.

I bought my copy at a retailer (it wasn't walmart, but usless your local, you wouldn't know what it is, so we'll just say walmart). It is a legal copy. I know the first game is glitchy, and freezes, and they released a patch for it. My question was if people thought the bug they programed into the computer version may have also been in the counsel versions, and because of porting, somehow caused the game to operate the way it did. Does that make more sense?

ShaneO7K
08-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, to make it clear.... I am using the legal version of the game. What I was curious to know has already been answered. However, for you shade, I'll happily clarify.

I bought my copy at a retailer (it wasn't walmart, but usless your local, you wouldn't know what it is, so we'll just say walmart). It is a legal copy. I know the first game is glitchy, and freezes, and they released a patch for it. My question was if people thought the bug they programed into the computer version may have also been in the counsel versions, and because of porting, somehow caused the game to operate the way it did. Does that make more sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The console version doesn't have the bug that was put into the pirated version.

But i'll just add, I have never had any of the issues that were mentioned with my copy of AC (On console) and I have had it since near its release.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Hmm... Who knows? I guess I'll just have to wait and see if my machine blows up on me. That said, do you have it for Xbox 360 or PS3? If I remember correctly, most of the issues occured on the PS,... If you have the PS, did you download the patch for the game?