PDA

View Full Version : Size IS everything!

walsh2509
10-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Size or scale is everything!

I flew over a japanese airbase (AAA Off) for a look around, as I flew over there park planes I paused the game.

I was 80m above the ground and I was sitting in the Shift-F1 position (middle zoom) about or near I think to what it would be like in a fighter, with my plane banked I could look down to my right and see this japanese fighter with a jeep park just tin front of it..

Now at only 80m up and some 20yrds away (seat in Shift-F1 ) and middle zoom , the jeep was an undistinguishable little box.

In my opinion the scale of these items park planes and jeeps trucks and so on are too small when viewed from the distance I have discribed.

I've seen the AAA gun up close in the ingame maps and they are a thing of beauty with a seat for the gunner, so given the hight of the average man these guns are big , big enough for a seat. Yet I flew a fighter straight at one low level and again my seat shift-f1 middle zoom (which as I said looks to be about as close to what it would be like in a real one ) yet even thought I was close down and closing in you can't see this LARGE AAA gun, for me the scale is off.

walsh2509
10-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Size or scale is everything!

I flew over a japanese airbase (AAA Off) for a look around, as I flew over there park planes I paused the game.

I was 80m above the ground and I was sitting in the Shift-F1 position (middle zoom) about or near I think to what it would be like in a fighter, with my plane banked I could look down to my right and see this japanese fighter with a jeep park just tin front of it..

Now at only 80m up and some 20yrds away (seat in Shift-F1 ) and middle zoom , the jeep was an undistinguishable little box.

In my opinion the scale of these items park planes and jeeps trucks and so on are too small when viewed from the distance I have discribed.

I've seen the AAA gun up close in the ingame maps and they are a thing of beauty with a seat for the gunner, so given the hight of the average man these guns are big , big enough for a seat. Yet I flew a fighter straight at one low level and again my seat shift-f1 middle zoom (which as I said looks to be about as close to what it would be like in a real one ) yet even thought I was close down and closing in you can't see this LARGE AAA gun, for me the scale is off.