PDA

View Full Version : "Chains can't hold me" (spoilers)

Jash1434
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Near the end of the game when ceseare (sp) gets arrested ezio says something along the lines of "chains cannot hold me" to Leonardo . Did I miss something? Did he have some kind of power? Did the p.o.e give him something? Maybe I missed something.

Jash1434
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Near the end of the game when ceseare (sp) gets arrested ezio says something along the lines of "chains cannot hold me" to Leonardo . Did I miss something? Did he have some kind of power? Did the p.o.e give him something? Maybe I missed something.

bkb34
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
All I gather is that Cesare yells that to Ezio while being drug off by the guards... Ezio says something along the lines to Leonardo that the way Cesare said it stuck out to him and he thinks he will escape and continue causing problems... That's why Ezio looks to the apple for the answer and then rushes off, because he sees that Cesare will escape... I don't think it's anything special that Cesare has learned from the apple, but rather just his charisma/powerful connections and what not that gets him out of those chains... Then again, I may have missed something myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jash1434
11-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Ok. That makes sense. It's an ego thing. Kind of like when he tells ezio that humans can't kill him, so ezio let's fate decide and drps him. I thought it was kind of confusing for a moment when it shows ezio running off and suddenly he's in the middle of a battle. You would think they would have something in between that shows ezio coming up to the battle instead of one second he's in Rome-the next he's in the middle of a battle.

oneill95
11-29-2010, 02:59 PM
cesare didnt even get locked up, he was going for his trail and a noble that he had connections with snook him out

v2micca
11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
No, I think there is more to this statement the simple Hubris. Cesare also claimed that man could not kill him. Even during his "death" scene we get a strange psychedelic cut scene where he re-iterates all of these claims.

Out of curiosity, I did a little research on the Historical Cesare Borgia. Many Historians argue that he was actually the inspiration for many depictions of Jesus Christ during that era and has possibly influenced the western perception of Jesus's appearance since that time. Seeing as Ubisoft has a history of connecting Mythological characters, such as Minerva, Adam and Eve, to the series, I found this tidbit fascinating and possibly telling.

Jash1434
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
For a game, if you can weed out the truth from fiction, this is very educational. I think the fact that you can read about the landmark your walking past is so cool. The fact that the person you are about to kill was a real person at one point. How Manu other games are like the AC games with the facts and history? Sorry if my grammar and spelling are bad. Doing this on my phone and I'm typing fast. Phones gonna die.

v2micca
11-30-2010, 06:10 AM
So, I want to run with a theory building a little bit on my previous post. Alexander Dumas (a great historical figure who would make a nice addition to the Assassin's guild) claimed that many depictions of Jesus Christ were actually modeled after the physical appearance of Cesare Borgia and as a result have impacted western culture perception of Jesus since that time. Many scholars have debated and refuted this claim, but it is enough for the basis of our fictional Assassin's Creed Timeline.

Now, Cesare is in possession of the Apple of Eden, even briefly after retrieving it in the assault on Monterigionni. In the first Assassin's Creed, Al Mualim makes some claims about what that apple is capable of, mental Manipulation on a massive scale. This would taylor in nicely with the idea that around this time all artists suddenly started to depict Jesus Christ as looking a lot like Cesare Borgia. This seems exactly like something that the Cesare depicted in Brotherhood would indeed attempt with the Apple.

Now, use of the Apple has not yet been fully described in the series. There are many potential side effects. I also suspect that animus technology was at least in part derived from the same technology that created the Apple and other pieces of eden. Especially considering the scene that immediately follows his death, I suspect that Cesare's claims of immortality may either be the result of a mind slightly unhinged by extended use of the Apple, or possibly an entity that , like subject 16, has become another Ghost in the machine. Somehow, I think we may not have seen the last of Cesare.

assassinato_862
12-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Unless Ceasre is Jupiter...O.o or a half blood like Ezio...

Or maybe he ment figuratively, since you guys say he's the inspiration of Jesus depitctions and maybe that's what he ment.

Just for that and because Ezio said, "I hope no one will remember your name," I'm not gonna aknowledge that every picture of Jesus is the correct one and Imma say that those are wrong.