PDA

View Full Version : how to do long jumps??

waveink1701
11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm on my way to Acre and can see flags on top of columns in the ruins, but even if I get on top of the highest point (the ruined archway) I can't seem to have the distance to jump across to the flags - is it just a timing thing and I'm uncoordinated, or is there a trick to the longer jumps?

waveink1701
11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm on my way to Acre and can see flags on top of columns in the ruins, but even if I get on top of the highest point (the ruined archway) I can't seem to have the distance to jump across to the flags - is it just a timing thing and I'm uncoordinated, or is there a trick to the longer jumps?

Tela
11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I can't quite picture the area you are talking about, but try either

A: looking for another way over

or

B: Jumping from your horse.

Sorry I can't help more.

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Are you in the ruins w/ all the saracens and busted walls? First off... There is a templar on the left side looking at it coming from masyaf (i think that's the direction) Where all the dead crusaders are, And theres 3 sets of 2 archers behind broken walls... Just go left and keep going and you'll find the templar...

Anyways about the flags...

There is a huge arch way a ways behind the templar (which is probably what you're talking about) just climb it and jump 2 the closest tall column, You can make it with just a well aimed jump, You might have 2 grasp using the free hand button in the air (only if you have gotten the gloves) The other one near it, I forget EXACTLY how i got it only that i couldn't jump from that other column onto it, I remember jumping on one closer 2 it... I think there are four in a sort of square... Well i got on one, And jumped accross 2 the others till i could get 2 the one with the flag, I remember having 2 climb onto a short broken wall and run up the column, If you still can't get them, Reply and i'll go check it out myself so i can remember more correctly how i did it.

EDIT: btw i'm almost positive for the second one i mentioned that i had 2 use the grasp move.

waveink1701
11-28-2007, 04:07 AM
Yes dirtybird, that's the area I'm talking about! I've taken care of the Templar, and the archers, and have even taken care of the guards up the hill and completed the lookout. As for the flags, I climbed the arch you mentioned, can jump to the first column, which is empty and square topped, but I can't get across to the next one (round top with a flag on it). Haven't got the 'gloves' you spoke of - how/where do I get them? Yes, there are a number of others on columns, four altogether. I can get to one from the broken down wall, but there are three that are alluding me!!
If you can re-do and shed any light that would be marvelous - thanks.

DungeonRaider
11-28-2007, 05:45 AM
You can actually get all but one of the flags in that area without the gloves and that last one is dead easy with gloves... you just hit B when you're close to the pillar and he leans and grabs the edge rather than keep falling.

waveink1701
11-28-2007, 03:27 PM
So how do I get the gloves???

assassin_93
11-28-2007, 04:09 PM
you have to complete assassinations until the gloves are returned im not sure which assassination but its not a whole lot

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah i'm pretty sure you just have 2 get the gloves then, You get them in memory block 4 i think (i could be very mistaken, I only went through the game once.) But they let you grab onto ledges that you couldnt without them, You just press the free hand button in the air (B on the 360) and he'll stick his arms out and grab the edge, One of if not the most usefull items you get.

bukowski113
11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I eventually gave up and left that flag behind because I attempted it "pre-gloves"...

I'll have to go back and try it now that I've earned them back.

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I checked and yes you do HAVE 2 get the gloves first.