PDA

View Full Version : I just started and am confused....

Goliath978
03-24-2011, 06:11 PM
so i had always heard of ac, but now that i got it, i beat some of the intro and am in rome.

my first question is: what do i do? it tells me to go to some church roof, but i just wanted to go around doing random stuff.

this is nothing like oblivion or GTA, and i have no clue what to do other than pick fights.

Goliath978
03-24-2011, 06:11 PM
so i had always heard of ac, but now that i got it, i beat some of the intro and am in rome.

my first question is: what do i do? it tells me to go to some church roof, but i just wanted to go around doing random stuff.

this is nothing like oblivion or GTA, and i have no clue what to do other than pick fights.

AnthonyA85
03-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forums.

There is free-roaming in the game between missions, but early on, some sections of the map are in-accessable (blocked by the White Wall of Doom, as i call it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

but, during missions, you can't really do much free-roaming.

And this is your first AC playing experience? I would highly recommend playing AC1 and AC2 BEFORE playing Brotherhood, that way, you won't be so lost.

Your very first objective when you get back to Rome is to climb to the top of that church tower and sychronize the viewpiont.

TheLeoCrow
03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
You can freerun and do all sorts of things. but first you have to finish the tutorial missions that will show you how to play the game. and as you proceed in the storyline, you will open new areas to explore. for now, do what the game tells you to do.

since you talk about a church, i assume you got ac2. it is a great game, it just tries to teach you as you go

Goliath978
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Welcome to the forums.

There is free-roaming in the game between missions, but early on, some sections of the map are in-accessable (blocked by the White Wall of Doom, as i call it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

but, during missions, you can't really do much free-roaming.

And this is your first AC playing experience? I would highly recommend playing AC1 and AC2 BEFORE playing Brotherhood, that way, you won't be so lost.

Your very first objective when you get back to Rome is to climb to the top of that church tower and sychronize the viewpiont. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thanks for your response, so there aren't any side quests or stuff is there?

AnthonyA85
03-24-2011, 07:22 PM
oh yes, there's LOTS of side quests and optional missions in ACB and AC2 (not so much in AC1 though)

Six_Gun
03-24-2011, 09:05 PM
You don't actually HAVE to do the tutorials, and they're more for skills practice than showing you how to play the game. One bit of advice I have is to always keep making purchases when you can afford them because it will increase the income you get, which can be withdrawn at banks every 20 min of gameplay.

The Ivory Curtain (Wall of Doom) can be quite annoying when starting out, but doing Memory Start Missions marked by an &lt;!&gt; will help push them back and unlock new areas.

Note that only main missions can be replayed via the DNA menu so if you care about getting 100% sync on side quests make sure you hit Esc and select Restart Mission if you're nearing it's completion and haven't achieved or think you won't achieve the required task for 100%.

It's a cool game but can be a bit confusing even if you've played the prior ones. I can see why posts like this pop up now and then. I second the comment on recommending playing the first two before this one for that reason.

ace3001
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goliath978:

my first question is: what do i do? it tells me to go to some church roof, but i just wanted to go around doing random stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>First of all, AC might not be the game for you. It has lots of extra random stuff to do, but first and foremost, it's a heavily story driven game. If you don't enjoy the story, there's no point to playing AC.

Anyway, if you really wanna play AC, and if you're playing Brotherhood, I suggest you put this down and go get AC2. Brotherhood won't make sense at all without AC2.

mornegroth
03-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Man, lol. First of all see if you get the habit of actually learn everything you can before buying a game instead of base your buy in comparisons.

Second, you should start with the first instalment of the series (Assassin's Creed) and progress from there. There's no point in playing ACB if you don't know squat about what's going on (unless story progression and decent entertainment mean nothing to you).

Third, I don't mean to disrespect but why on hell would you not be able to know what to do? You have a minimap which display points of interest, you have a full size map accessible through the game menu, you have information about the current mission on the game menu as well. What more do you want?

Goliath978
03-25-2011, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mornegroth:
Man, lol. First of all see if you get the habit of actually learn everything you can before buying a game instead of base your buy in comparisons.

Second, you should start with the first instalment of the series (Assassin's Creed) and progress from there. There's no point in playing ACB if you don't know squat about what's going on (unless story progression and decent entertainment mean nothing to you).

Third, I don't mean to disrespect but why on hell would you not be able to know what to do? You have a minimap which display points of interest, you have a full size map accessible through the game menu, you have information about the current mission on the game menu as well. What more do you want? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i know how to do the quest. i wanted to know what i should do besides hte quest.