PDA

View Full Version : Speculations about SOW....

theDutchman1962
07-26-2008, 06:32 AM
If it's nearing it's completion(..end of this year?)shouldn't there at least be a website up by now,i mean it's a big release!?
I think all speculations and rumors can be easily avoided by feeding the large(..and loyal) community regularly,in that effect i think Oleg's to blame,that is if it's his call,if not,at least Ubisoft is!

I find it less than polite to treat your (future) customers in this way... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

theDutchman1962
07-26-2008, 06:32 AM
If it's nearing it's completion(..end of this year?)shouldn't there at least be a website up by now,i mean it's a big release!?
I think all speculations and rumors can be easily avoided by feeding the large(..and loyal) community regularly,in that effect i think Oleg's to blame,that is if it's his call,if not,at least Ubisoft is!

I find it less than polite to treat your (future) customers in this way... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

ploughman
07-26-2008, 06:40 AM
The German forums already have a forum (http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/7871043264) , expect the UK website to be up and running better late than never, the US website'll be up two years after release or something like that.

JG52Uther
07-26-2008, 09:02 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ElAurens
07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
It's not Oleg's call.

It's all in UBI's lap at this point.

der-blaue-max
07-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Ubisoft normaly start a webside one year before release!
So You can calculate, when SoW will be released!!

JG52Uther
07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Nobody from ubisoft has said they have anything to do with SoW yet IIRC.
Would be nice to get something official.

-HH-Quazi
07-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Oleg is going console gaming and leaving the PC crowd hanging. Haven't you heard?

Rjel
07-26-2008, 12:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Oleg is going console gaming and leaving the PC crowd hanging. Haven't you heard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those who are politically correct are going to be pi$$ed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Afromike1
07-26-2008, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Oleg is going console gaming and leaving the PC crowd hanging. Haven't you heard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR NOT SERIOUS!

blairgowrie
07-26-2008, 05:22 PM
He is pulling your legs.

Chris0382
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Olegg is being treated like a robot behinde a keyboard making games. He probably has a personnal life and after a lot of work programming, he may want a little R&R amd time with his family. Is he allowed to go fishing or does have to be behinde the keyboard. Maybe he's training people also to help him.

Maybe his eyes hurt, and has neck and shoulder aches from days on end of programming. He coud have RSI by now and needs a rest. I got it doing CADD work.

Olegg I hope you are enjoying life because it does get shorter as we age, we need to go out and have some quality time with your loved ones and freinds.

Nice job on IL-2 besides our complaints. Its provided many years of great fun more than any other game has provided me.

DuxCorvan
07-27-2008, 03:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris0382:
Olegg is being treated like a robot behinde a keyboard making games. He probably has a personnal life and after a lot of work programming, he may want a little R&R amd time with his family. Is he allowed to go fishing or does have to be behinde the keyboard. Maybe he's training people also to help him.

Maybe his eyes hurt, and has neck and shoulder aches from days on end of programming. He coud have RSI by now and needs a rest. I got it doing CADD work.

Olegg I hope you are enjoying life because it does get shorter as we age, we need to go out and have some quality time with your loved ones and freinds.

Nice job on IL-2 besides our complaints. Its provided many years of great fun more than any other game has provided me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, if we have to judge the pace of progression by the WIP updates, he must have entered a monastic order where he illuminates manuscripts and cultivates marigold flowers and daisies.

Feathered_IV
07-27-2008, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Afromike1:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR NOT SERIOUS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the news of the Il-2 console game came out, there was a great cry that the arcade title was borrowing maps and textures from Sow/BoB. Most specifically, those seen in the bonus DVD and early updates that came with 1946. This was not the case..... Quite the opposite in fact.

A leaked e-mail from a former MG employee that appeared breifly on the Sukhoi forums revealed that the Il-2 1946 bonus DVD was largely "smoke and mirrors". That the struggling Maddox Games actually borrowed textures from the Il-2 arcade title (plus objects from 1c's RTS game) to pass off as in-game shots of SoW. Likewise, the supposed new cloud effects shown on the DVD were not from SoW at all, but were instead nothing more than existing Il-2 clouds with slight changes to the data.cld file (mod users are currently using the exact same technique to enjoy more realistic cloud effects).

Cor! It's like the moon landings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

ploughman
07-27-2008, 05:34 AM
Oh weally? That's wery intewesting.

I recollect OM once saying he could've put the dynamic weather in Il2 but didn't like the way it looked (hence the He-162/Spit V in some of the screenies).

But that's wery intwesting indeed.

CUJO_1970
07-27-2008, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
Don't worry, if we have to judge the pace of progression by the WIP updates, he must have entered a monastic order where he illuminates manuscripts and cultivates marigold flowers and daisies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! Instant classic right there.