PDA

View Full Version : Problems w/ the Pe2 downlaod / install? *poll*

georgeo76
05-01-2006, 07:32 AM

Tgd_Voxman
05-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Followed the procedure laid out in Luthier's sticky. No problems encountered. Furthermore I copied my IL2 version 4.04m folder over onto my D: drive so I won't get shut out of historia.

F19_Orheim
05-01-2006, 08:04 AM
downloading seems to be a problem for a few, but once you have the file, if you follow the instructions there should be NO problems... most of the time when problems occur in installation moments, these are because of people NOT following instructions. Same old story.. If you have the slightest experience in suppport questions, no matter if it's computer related or not... 98% of the trouble people encounter is due to eagerness/umwillingness to follow instructions.

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-01-2006, 08:10 AM
I got it early and thus didn't have the privelege of reading Luthier's post. Got it figured out though and have a backup of my FB folder on a DVD so I can get the old exe. It's running fine as is but I only have the 4.05m version at present.

TB

badaboom.1
05-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I had moderate/severe probs.I actually had to do a complete reinstall of the whole fb+aep+pf+4-patch series,....that being said I'm VERY http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifHAPPY with Pe-2 itself[great work 1c&team],BOONTY BOX...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif....well I could live without.

georgeo76
05-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I won't argue that the vast majority of computer issues are user misadventure, but I've always been of the school of thought that technology should adapt to users not the other way around.

Look at automobiles! I mean if you look at the kind of idiots that operate vehicles daily, its an inspiration to tech support everywhere. If we could get software crashes to the same percentage of automobile crashes, it would be the 8th wonder of the world.

If you have the slightest experience in support questions, no matter if it's computer related or not... 98% of the trouble people encounter is due to eagerness/unwillingness to follow instructions.

steve_v
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
100% trouble free

However, its only anecdotal and doesn't discount the troubles others had.

nickdanger3
05-01-2006, 03:23 PM
To be honest, the most frustrating thing was trying to actually find the page to start the purchase. Whenever I would search for Pe-2 on the UK site, I would get a "No games found message".

After that, pretty smooth. Whatever problems I had with Boontybox were likely due to the fact that I kept my security on high and so had to ok each call to the net.