PDA

View Full Version : My VIIC bridge likes to peek! help :/

Liddabit
03-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I just switched from a VIIB to a VIIC in my first flotilla career. I am having a problem with my bridge poking out of the water at periscope depth quite a bit. Which tends to attract the loving gaze of enemy deck guns and shore artillery.

Is this a VIIC problem? Do any of you have tricks around this? It is annoying manualy submerging to 15 meters and then having to adjust up a bit to get my periscope above water :P

Liddabit
03-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I just switched from a VIIB to a VIIC in my first flotilla career. I am having a problem with my bridge poking out of the water at periscope depth quite a bit. Which tends to attract the loving gaze of enemy deck guns and shore artillery.

Is this a VIIC problem? Do any of you have tricks around this? It is annoying manualy submerging to 15 meters and then having to adjust up a bit to get my periscope above water :P

goatman455
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
I just roll at the deep end of 13 meters, periscope still works but waves can be an issue over the scope.

prj57
03-12-2007, 03:15 AM
I have the same problem! If the sub is doing less than 2kts underwater my boat starts to surface on its own and goes from 12 meters to around 9-10 and then all Hell breaks loose!

I either have to move all the time or manually adjust depth which sucks. Last time I got a Task Force going south from Ireland, it was during night but as soon as the first fish hit a Carrier 3 BBs and couple of DDs opened fired at the same time - 8 dead, 7 wounded and whole lot of destroyed equipment and virtually useless boat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mittelwaechter
03-12-2007, 03:28 AM
In command of a U-Boot a Kaleun may decide his own preferred periscopedepth.

Go to ... Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Submarine\NSS_U boat7c and change properties accordingly.

prj57
03-12-2007, 03:38 AM
The thing is this only happened when I changed to GWX 1.02! Didn't have the problem in 1.01.

demigod151
03-12-2007, 04:50 AM
GWX I am assuming you have?

GWX uses a positive buoyancy system in it. In other words when your U-boat is in shallow waters it will not run EXACTLY at set depth at slower speeds. You need to keep the boat moving or else it will float up out of the water slightly as you are describing.

My sister had a search on subsim a while back for something to combat GWX's positive buoyancy as it was getting on her nerves, she worked round it eventually. But nevertheless....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104229

Its a mod made by Lehmann himself, the head of the GWX team. It basically resets the U-boat's buoyuancy to neutral again.

sevenem
03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I just set my depth 2 meters below periscope depth(15m) and seems to work for me.

Liddabit
03-12-2007, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by demigod151:
GWX I am assuming you have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Master Yoda! Teach Me!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
GWX uses a positive buoyancy system in it. In other words when your U-boat is in shallow waters it will not run EXACTLY at set depth at slower speeds. You need to keep the boat moving or else it will float up out of the water slightly as you are describing.

My sister had a search on subsim a while back for something to combat GWX's positive buoyancy as it was getting on her nerves, she worked round it eventually. But nevertheless....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104229

Its a mod made by Lehmann himself, the head of the GWX team. It basically resets the U-boat's buoyuancy to neutral again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif!!
I guess it was GWX not VIIC :P I never used the 7c before GWX hehe

demigod151
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Master Yoda!? Flipping heck, I have GOT to stop imitating him! I am even starting to type like him!