PDA

View Full Version : 4.01 fixes/changes?

The_Gorey
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
maybe im just whining.. but the readme for 4.0 and 4.1 are the same.. and that annoys me. i like knowing what was fiddled with.

one of my major gripes with this series.

The_Gorey
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
maybe im just whining.. but the readme for 4.0 and 4.1 are the same.. and that annoys me. i like knowing what was fiddled with.

one of my major gripes with this series.

The_Gorey
06-15-2005, 03:41 PM
ok i take that back..

this was added to the readme:
---------------------------------

Specific plane features

NOTE: These features are only available at high realism setting.

Ki-100
Switch supercharger speeds at 3,500 €" 4,000 meters

----------------------------

whoopty doo, glad i know that as i never fly it.

Chuck_Older
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
4.0 was a release candidate.

That mean it was a possible route to go for the new FM, etc

4.01 is the final choice patch that was intended to be called 4.0. Why are you so surprised the readme is almost identical?

anarchy52
06-15-2005, 04:34 PM
First impression:
Flew 2 sorties on WarClouds in MustangIII:
First sortie:
109 dewinged
109 crippled beyond control, crashed
190 crippled, crashed
109 damaged, but lost him
110 damaged but run out of ammo
Got hit by 110 gunner, noticed thin black smoke after a few minutes, flew back to base, no sign of damage
Total 62 hits, all ammo spent
Second sortie:
Got destroyed (explosion) by FW-190 with 20mm took about 2 seconds of effective fire

No torque
FM 3.x
No sign of mustang (R) snap stall
Rudder is efffective at 30km/h

Maybe it's just mustang, but I kind of lost interest after that.

darkhorizon11
06-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I haven't downloaded 4.01 yet just 4.00 since I'm not at my home comp right now.

I know the planes and features are the same but are the flight models any different between 0 and 1?

The_Gorey
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">. Why are you so surprised the readme is almost identical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not surprised, given the track record of 1C and it's readme's.

i guess im just used to developer's putting a list of chanages/fixes/tweaks in their readme's between versions. obviously they did some fixes/tweaking between 4.0 & 4.1.. why keep everyone in the dark about what it was?

guess it's a russian thing.. old habits die hard (secrecy). &lt;-- that was a joke btw.

NorrisMcWhirter
06-15-2005, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
4.0 was a release candidate.

That mean it was a possible route to go for the new FM, etc

4.01 is the final choice patch that was intended to be called 4.0. Why are you so surprised the readme is almost identical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because changes have been made.

Using the same logic, that readme could easily pertain to any of the beta patches arguably making statements made in it to be out of date.

I'd say that a decent readme is supposed to be a valid, current piece of documentation to support the game, not just a 'sketchy indication' of what to expect that may have had some relevance to another build.

Ta,
Norris

Chuck_Older
06-16-2005, 04:53 AM
...the 4.0 wasn't something intended for you to even get. You're not even supposed to know there was a 4.0 is how it was originally.

I think you folks are a bit confused on that point

NDS_Syb.
06-16-2005, 07:19 AM
True!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
...the 4.0 wasn't something intended for you to even get. You're not even supposed to know there was a 4.0 is how it was originally.

I think you folks are a bit confused on that point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>