PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, something simple but never implemented (in multiplayer)

Scragbat
11-24-2004, 04:11 AM
When setting up a multiplayer game with the default multiplayer maps, you don't get the choice of selecting basic historical aircraft sets for each team.
I know it's not hard to edit your map in FMB and give it the planesets of your choice but as an option I think there should be some simple implementation of this in multiplayer game setup screens. Just a few planeset presets to choose from for a specified period (1940, 1942-44 etc...) with axis and allied planes for respective countries (USA Vs Japan, Germany Vs UK etc...) and choice of planetypes (fighters only, fighters and bombers etc...).
As it stands with basic MP set up. Both Axis and Allied get the full list of flyable aircraft which leads to all sorts of unlikely combinations. It's OK to have this I suppose but I really think the game/sim will benefit from what I have described...
Something similar apllied to QMB would be good too...

Regards
Scrag

Hptm.Keule
11-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Hi Scraqbat!

I am with you!
You are talking about Verrrrry Important thing!
I dont want to fight against Japanese P-51
or English Yak 3!
...or something funy Me -62 vs I-16!
We must keep the historical realism!
He is the most important thing in our lovely simulators!

R!

Scragbat
11-24-2004, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hptm.Keule:
Hi Scraqbat!

I am with you!
You are talking about Verrrrry Important thing!
I dont want to fight against Japanese P-51
or English Yak 3!
...or something funy Me -62 vs I-16!
We must keep the historical realism!
He is the most important thing in our lovely simulators!

R! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the support Hptm.Keule http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
I thought this might dissapear to page 2 and beyond without a reply ~S~

Bump

Scragbat
11-24-2004, 12:23 PM
I suppose the simplest sollution which would require no programming would be just to include some custom maps with specific plane sets in the next patch (or future patch).

Would any members of the community be willing to offer up their custom multiplayer dogfight maps to be included in a patch? I know there are some great maps in operation on HL. Would be nice if similar DF maps appeared in FB+AEP+PF/PF. This would be very nice!

I personally would like to do away with default maps that allow all flyable aircraft for each side. Specific planesets would be better and game owners would then have the option of creating maps themselves with FMB which allowed all aircraft for each team.

Being realistic, who would create a DF MP map that allowed all flyable aircraft for each team??

Extreme_One
11-24-2004, 12:31 PM
??? I must be mising something so this is not a flame.

In FMB you just assign which planes you want to be spawned so you can limit the available planeset.

Why would you need to do it any other way?

Maj_Death
11-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Well, you could always try editing the maps yourself. It isn't hard and changing a prexisting map to include only historical planesets doesn't take but a couple minutes unless you use one of those maps with 20+ airbases. But if you are uncomfortable with the mission builder then you can always download some maps. I make both COOP missions and DF maps. And I am certainly not the only one. Most map and mission makers will gladly share their creations. Search around the forums and you will probebly find some good links in peoples sigs or you can go to official links page to view some of the larger 3rd party sites.

But I do tend to agree with you, it would be nice if they included atleast a couple historical maps in a patch as well as future sims by them. They wouldn't even need to build it, they are welcome to steal one of mine and I doubt any other mission maker would mind donating some maps.

BTW, the link in my sig currently only contains COOP's for FB/AEP but I may update it later today with some new stuff for PF.

Scragbat
11-24-2004, 12:50 PM
You're right Extreme_One. I was really just referring to the default maps in the game. The fact that they allow all flyable aircraft for each team means they are not really worth hosting.

I'm posting a poll to see what people would think of donating custom maps for future patches...

Extreme_One
11-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Sorry but I still don't undertand...

What exactly do you mean by "default maps" - all the maps are just as customizable as any other...

If you want some maps with specific planesets - if you don't want to edit them yourself in FMB you could try UQMG - www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com) or the dogfight download section at www.il2missions.com (http://www.il2missions.com)

Otherwise I'm just being thick... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif