PDA

View Full Version : New 5.1 ATI Drivers and PF

RamsteinUSA
01-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Ok, Just installed the new ATI Radeon Drivers, ( 01-17-05 v5.1 ) still have some problems like Jaggies and airfields pop in when approaching airfields and other objects in Pacific Fighters. Frame rate is good. But I expected better graphics, fixed graphics problems. is the next patch going to fix these jaggies and other?

Radeon 9800 Pro. WinXP pro... blah blah blah.. again No FPS issues, just sloppy graphics..

Other experiences with the latest drivers?

Thanx..

RamsteinUSA
01-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Ok, Just installed the new ATI Radeon Drivers, ( 01-17-05 v5.1 ) still have some problems like Jaggies and airfields pop in when approaching airfields and other objects in Pacific Fighters. Frame rate is good. But I expected better graphics, fixed graphics problems. is the next patch going to fix these jaggies and other?

Radeon 9800 Pro. WinXP pro... blah blah blah.. again No FPS issues, just sloppy graphics..

Other experiences with the latest drivers?

Thanx..

Hunter82
01-18-2005, 06:00 AM
jaggies are caused by your AA and AF settings in the control panel.

Also install this to fix the airfield flicker.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=1231096062

Nero111
01-18-2005, 06:28 AM
Hunter
Any word up on these drivers, I see there is a PF fix, but in general are they ok or stick to what we got for now?

EDIT: INGNORE, Im blind (saw link to techy post to late.)

RamsteinUSA
01-18-2005, 01:43 PM
update:
looks like the new PF patch 3.04 fixed the graphics for me, I have only flown one mission, but used it as a benchmark for graphics...

the ATI 5.1 drivers and control panel , just released did not do much for me. and PF, tbut the new PF seemed to have fixed the bugs int he graphics, as the jaggies look much better, or fixed... wil check further adjstments. and as far as bases flickering, they seem to appear correctly froma distance and get bigger on approach, as in real life..

Also, the damge model of the ships (destroyer) looks much better, as I hit a destoryer with rockets, parts of the ship actually were getting blown off in explosions, something that did not seem to happen, up till now..

can't wait till the next, patch gets here....
as it is shaping up as anticipated..