PDA

View Full Version : How can Altair do those moves???

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Hi everyone. So I watched the gamescom video and the Altair sequence in it. As far as I can see it happened before AC1 right? So how can Altair climb faster like Ezio and do those assassination kills which he described in the codex way after killing Al Mualim and acquiring the apple??????

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Hi everyone. So I watched the gamescom video and the Altair sequence in it. As far as I can see it happened before AC1 right? So how can Altair climb faster like Ezio and do those assassination kills which he described in the codex way after killing Al Mualim and acquiring the apple??????

LieutenantJojo
10-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Ubisoft clearly chose gameplay over continuity. It would have been weird to use the AC1 gameplay every time you play as Altair.

And not to forget that Altair is a freakin' badass. He can do whatever he effin' wants!

EzioAssassin51
10-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Oh who cares, it'll just add a lot more fun and fast-paced action to the gameplay sections. I can only speak for myself when I say I don't mind and love how he can climb faster, so we don't have to have Altair's slow, hour long to climb a wall, climbing and we can kill guards a lot more efficiently with the ledge assassinations, again adding more face-paced ness to the game.

LightRey
10-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Because if Alta´r couldn't actually have climbed that fast in "reality", he'd have had some weird problems.

NoirEvil
10-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Has anybody counted how many people have made these threads? Must be numbering in the thousands by now.

The real reason is that Ubisoft wants to get the best out of gameplay and can ignore small tidbit's like that. It's perfectly plausible that Altair had used those Assassinations and climbing methods before in his past when needed. Although I would rather it Altair used his air assassinations off AC1, it always seemed to me like his were more based on momentum/forward movement while Ezio's were more of a bodyweight /falling movement kind of thing. But as long as we get a good game who cares.

Also I think I read a thing on IGN recently that Altair would have varying abilities and moves throughout his memories depending on his age and experience.

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Okay I can understand the climbing part, yes, but how can you people overlook the assassination techniques. I mean he wrote a specific codex page about them most probably after acquiring knowledge from the apple, and that sequence directly contradicts it.

How is it possible that Altair knew those techniques before AC1? Why didn't he used them then in AC1 then, at the start or when he attained the full rank??

I am okay with the climbing part but can't comprehend those assassination techniques. I guess people hate AC1 because of that but its not a problem for me.

As for duplicate thread, I searched but couldn't find the specific topic about it.

Vice8641
10-03-2011, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:
I mean he wrote a specific codex page about them most probably after acquiring knowledge from the apple, and that sequence directly contradicts it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No where in the codex does it say he acquires this particular knowledge from the Apple. And honestly I don't see why you should need the apple for that kind of information.
In fact, it states how Altair worked with Malik to describe new assassination techniques.

As for the continuity, for what Ubisoft's concerned, they have the perfect excuse - the Animus. They can say that Abstergo's Animus software didn't support that kind of moves in its simulation (fast climbing and assassination techniques), so that even if Altair did know these moves, you, as Desmond, were unable to execute them.

Some might say "AHA! But in ACII you play as Altair and he STILL climbs slowly! How do you explain THAT?!" Well, Desmond wasn't actually in the Animus for that part of Altair's memory, he was suffering from the bleeding effect. And since he only experienced Altair's memories while he was in Abstergo's Animus, you can say that the bleeding effect transferred the faults from that particular machine.

Abeonis
10-03-2011, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:
Okay I can understand the climbing part, yes, but how can you people overlook the assassination techniques. I mean he wrote a specific codex page about them most probably after acquiring knowledge from the apple, and that sequence directly contradicts it.

How is it possible that Altair knew those techniques before AC1? Why didn't he used them then in AC1 then, at the start or when he attained the full rank??

I am okay with the climbing part but can't comprehend those assassination techniques. I guess people hate AC1 because of that but its not a problem for me.

As for duplicate thread, I searched but couldn't find the specific topic about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair didn't obtain the assassination techniques from the Apple, he made those up himself. He did however, obtain the formula for a new type of metal (steel), which was used in the hidden blades from then on. Both of these points are mentioned on the same Codex page, so I can see where your confusion has come from.

Krayus Korianis
10-03-2011, 06:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vice8641:
I mean he wrote a specific codex page about them most probably after acquiring knowledge from the apple, and that sequence directly contradicts it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No where in the codex does it say he acquires this particular knowledge from the Apple. And honestly I don't see why you should need the apple for that kind of information.
In fact, it states how Altair worked with Malik to describe new assassination techniques.

As for the continuity, for what Ubisoft's concerned, they have the perfect excuse - the Animus. They can say that Abstergo's Animus software didn't support that kind of moves in its simulation (fast climbing and assassination techniques), so that even if Altair did know these moves, you, as Desmond, were unable to execute them.

Some might say "AHA! But in ACII you play as Altair and he STILL climbs slowly! How do you explain THAT?!" Well, Desmond wasn't actually in the Animus for that part of Altair's memory, he was suffering from the bleeding effect. And since he only experienced Altair's memories while he was in Abstergo's Animus, you can say that the bleeding effect transferred the faults from that particular machine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this guy.

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vice8641:
As for the continuity, for what Ubisoft's concerned, they have the perfect excuse - the Animus. They can say that Abstergo's Animus software didn't support that kind of moves in its simulation (fast climbing and assassination techniques), so that even if Altair did know these moves, you, as Desmond, were unable to execute them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If its true then it explains everything. Its the perfect excuse.

One more thing, controlling multiple ancestors in a memory within memory system a speciality of black room only or it could've been performed with a normal animus with white room?

Krayus Korianis
10-03-2011, 07:04 AM
As for the continuity, for what Ubisoft's concerned, they have the perfect excuse - the Animus. They can say that Abstergo's Animus software didn't support that kind of moves in its simulation (fast climbing and assassination techniques), so that even if Altair did know these moves, you, as Desmond, were unable to execute them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If its true then it explains everything. Its the perfect excuse.

One more thing, controlling multiple ancestors in a memory within memory system a speciality of black room only or it could've been performed with a normal animus with white room? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically it can be performed in a normal animus long as the ancestor's memory shows you the other ancestor's meemory... Like Alta´r's!

Vice8641
10-03-2011, 07:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
I agree with this guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:One more thing, controlling multiple ancestors in a memory within memory system a speciality of black room only or it could've been performed with a normal animus with white room? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd say it could've been performed within the white room as well. Actually I think the Cristina memories might've been a form of memory within memory like patterns, though I'm not sure. If they were, they're still not as strong as the ones we're going to experience in AC:R where Ezio is literally reliving Altair's memories like Desmond is reliving Ezio's memories.

Another excuse sprang up in my mind while thinking about this. We don't know the nature of the devices Altair recorded his memories with. The fast climbing and assassination techniques might even be Ezio transferring his current assassin skills into the simulation. Just a thought though, I still like the Abstergo Animus excuse better, it would totally make sense. :P

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 07:25 AM

I'd say it could've been performed within the white room as well. Actually I think the Cristina memories might've been a form of memory within memory like patterns, though I'm not sure. If they were, they're still not as strong as the ones we're going to experience in AC:R where Ezio is literally reliving Altair's memories like Desmond is reliving Ezio's memories.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I thought of Christina's missions as well but they are essentially Ezio's own memories from a young age while those in ACR are from a different ancestor altogether. So I guess it'd be different.

dxsxhxcx
10-03-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't care about what Ubisoft will do with Altair gameplay anymore, if they want to make him climb faster I'm fine with it, BUT one thing that Ubisoft will need to explain with minimum details is how Altair acquired the personality he had in the beginning of AC1!!

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I don't care about what Ubisoft will do with Altair gameplay anymore, if they want to make him climb faster I'm fine with it, BUT one thing that Ubisoft will need to explain with minimum details is how Altair acquired the personality he had in the beginning of AC1!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Long story short, he got a big head from being a master assassin.

AltairsFinger
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I was pretty sure Altair dreamt up these Assasination techniques himself, also, did you see how fast he was able to climb in Bloodlines? He was able to scoot up the side of a building easily as fast as Ezio could, plus he used the ledge and aerial assassinations in that. The climbing thing though? Animus issue, the Abstergo Animus just wasn't able to process the climbing as good as the other one... blame the Animus!

But don't forget, Altair was not in charge of the order when he was younger, and he had to follow Al Mualim's rules as he was the grandmaster. One example, poison, this method was not used at all, till Altair took over. Furthermore, its quite feasable that the techniques Altair was using were frowned upon, and he was forbidden to use them, so just used what he did. Obviously when he took over as the head of the order, he no longer had to abide by others rules and decided to use his old techniques again.

Rakudaton
10-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Three explanations:

1) Altair knew those moves during AC1, but the animus 1.0 wasn't sufficiently advanced to let Desmond use them.

2) Altair didn't know those moves during AC1, but Desmond -- having learned them from Ezio -- was able to use them while reliving Altair's "memory", with the result that the memory wasn't 100% accurate.

3) If you remember, in AC we lost some of Altair's abilities when he was stripped to novice rank, and regained them by synching sequences. Perhaps we didn't get to the point where Desmond was synched enough to use these moves?

4) It's a game... Ubi wanted it to be fun.

naran6142
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
this is explained by darby in the new interview, along with some other stuff

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Actually, it was Falco who mainly explained it.

Basically, all of these moves were things that Altair could plausibly have done at the time, and possibly even did, but he never got a chance to formally document or teach them until years later. The reason why it's not for certain is because they want to leave it up to what the player wants to do.

Also, AC1 was seen through abstergo's animus, and since Desmond had only experienced altair's memories through that animus, the bleeding effect carried through the flaws of that animus when he saw Altair's memory in his hallucination.

I think that these are legit explanations, and I have no problem with them being canon.

I'm also psyched the Devs read our little arguments in the forums!

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I don't care about what Ubisoft will do with Altair gameplay anymore, if they want to make him climb faster I'm fine with it, BUT one thing that Ubisoft will need to explain with minimum details is how Altair acquired the personality he had in the beginning of AC1!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Long story short, he got a big head from being a master assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Long story long, he got it from rescuing Al Mualim and being promoted to Master Assassin, and also because of the contempt he had against Abbas which is stated in The Secret Crusade and will probably be expanded on in the first memory seal.

After Abbas was punished for attempting to kill Altiar by extending his Assassin training by a year, he came to hate Altiar. Altiar started to see Abbas as a pathetic and bitter person. After Altiar saved Al Mualim, Abbas spat at Altiar's feet and Altiar sneered at him, and Altiar decided he was weak and ineffectual.

That's how the Secret Crusade states Altiar 'became infected by arrogance.'

Chapter 28 in the book by the way.

Animuses
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
I'm also psyched the Devs read our little arguments in the forums! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I felt the same way when Darby (or Falko) was talking about it.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 06:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I'm also psyched the Devs read our little arguments in the forums! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I felt the same way when Darby (or Falko) was talking about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mainly felt wanting to know what they thought of me &gt;.&lt;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Long story short, he got a big head from being a master assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Long story long, he got it from rescuing Al Mualim and being promoted to Master Assassin, and also because of the contempt he had against Abbas which is stated in The Secret Crusade and will probably be expanded on in the first memory seal.

After Abbas was punished for attempting to kill Altiar by extending his Assassin training by a year, he came to hate Altiar. Altiar started to see Abbas as a pathetic and bitter person. After Altiar saved Al Mualim, Abbas spat at Altiar's feet and Altiar sneered at him, and Altiar decided he was weak and ineffectual.

Chapter 28 in the book by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just posting this here so others don't miss it.

Animuses
10-04-2011, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I mainly felt wanting to know what they thought of me &gt;.&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wanted them to mention something I was involved in at least.

Toxotes47
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM

Chapter 28 in the book by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know anything about the secret crusade, I'm basically a noob when it comes to spin offs, but I read that very same thing in the biography of Altair's wiki. Al Mualim most probably trusted Altair more than anyone else in the order after that and gave him tasks or missions of utmost importance which probably fuelled that arrogance even more.

Toxotes47
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I felt the same way when Darby (or Falko) was talking about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also said that they often felt the urge to login and answer all these questions... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BeCk41
10-06-2011, 05:13 AM
"How can Altair do those moves???"

to answer your question: It's Because he's a friggen Ninja!!!! &gt;_&lt;

sassinscreed
10-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi everyone. So I watched the gamescom video and the Altair sequence in it. As far as I can see it happened before AC1 right? So how can Altair climb faster like Ezio and do those assassination kills which he described in the codex way after killing Al Mualim and acquiring the apple?????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you mean air assassination i don't really think there is much science of jumping on man and stabbing him with blade

so why would someone have to invent stabbing a man with blade?

same for ledge of assassination altair is on the ledge and wants to kill the guard but he isn't smart enough to stab him with blade if he wants to kill him?

it wasn't in ac 1 because it is the first game and ubisoft added it in ac 2 as many other features to make game more fun

it is really stupid to think that assassins knew that they can jump on man and kill him with blade only because altair invented it and wrote in codex, and that didn't know they can kill man that way until they read it

ProletariatPleb
10-06-2011, 07:24 AM
It's because the game is made by ubisoft.

That and because even a fool could think of a few on those moves, the apple did NOT tell him this, but Malik and him devised ways in which to EXPLAIN that you gotta jump from the top of a building onto your target, etc, lol.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

That and because even a fool could think of a few on those moves, the apple did NOT tell him this, but Malik and him devised ways in which to EXPLAIN that you gotta jump from the top of a building onto your target, etc, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, it's not as easy as it looks. You still need to jump onto your target in such a way that he breaks your fall. That's probably a very significant part of knowing how to perform an aerial assassination.

ProletariatPleb
10-06-2011, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Well, it's not as easy as it looks. You still need to jump onto your target in such a way that he breaks your fall. That's probably a very significant part of knowing how to perform an aerial assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Erm....Light....that was a joke....just look at it again....it sounds weird...that's what it wa supposed to indicate.

LordWolv
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Through a combination of exercise and ye olde steroids.

Krayus Korianis
10-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Because Alta´r can. He simply can do those moves.

reach2001
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
hi

LightRey
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Well, it's not as easy as it looks. You still need to jump onto your target in such a way that he breaks your fall. That's probably a very significant part of knowing how to perform an aerial assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Erm....Light....that was a joke....just look at it again....it sounds weird...that's what it wa supposed to indicate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but it made it sound like it was as simple as knowing that you need to jump on top of your target, which isn't the case.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Erm....Light....that was a joke....just look at it again....it sounds weird...that's what it wa supposed to indicate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but it made it sound like it was as simple as knowing that you need to jump on top of your target, which isn't the case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*kneels on roof over LightRey, with a hidden blade out on his left arm*

Hmm.. how to go about this.. Do I land feet first?

LightRey
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I know, but it made it sound like it was as simple as knowing that you need to jump on top of your target, which isn't the case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*kneels on roof over LightRey, with a hidden blade out on his left arm*

Hmm.. how to go about this.. Do I land feet first? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
It's more about just how you let yourself fall and how to land on your target. Trust me, you wouldn't want to land wrong and break your leg or something when assassinating someone. You wanna be able to get outta there.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Sometimes in AC2/B when I want to get off a roof fast but can't find a leap of faith area, I just jump on someone from the air.

I wonder how we don't break the civilian. O.o

LightRey
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Sometimes in AC2/B when I want to get off a roof fast but can't find a leap of faith area, I just jump on someone from the air.

I wonder how we don't break the civilian. O.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah I do that too :P
It's a little strange yes. I guess it can be explained away by being in the animus and stuff, but it's still a little weird.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:17 PM

It's a little strange yes. I guess it can be explained away by being in the animus and stuff, but it's still a little weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The civilian is super strong! Even the portly ladies.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM

It's a little strange yes. I guess it can be explained away by being in the animus and stuff, but it's still a little weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The civilian is super strong! Even the portly ladies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or maybe they're made out of rubber... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Lol...

You know, even though the books aren't written in the best way, I still like them. I think they describe some of the things Ezio does more in depth. Like he hid out in a shack by the river in Florence after the killings of his father and brothers.

naran6142
10-06-2011, 06:49 PM
ya i never really got it myself

the civilian should be injured or something

LordWolv
10-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I always jump on civilians. It's alot quicker than leap of faith and finding a route down. Sometimes you accidently jump on a guard, though, and get into an overly aggressive fight. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 12:11 AM

That and because even a fool could think of a few on those moves, the apple did NOT tell him this, but Malik and him devised ways in which to EXPLAIN that you gotta jump from the top of a building onto your target, etc, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, but it is easy to think of and right down. They never go into the technique of it all.

Plus, come on:

Assassin+ Eagle theme=Assassinate from air

I always wondered why the codex doesn't talk about the other techniques, would've made me want to find them more. Like different poison concoctions, and fighting moves instead of buying them for like 10, 000 bucks in game.