PDA

View Full Version : il10 rocks

jimDG
07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Got to fly the il10 for the first time online the other day and it really kicks ***.
Climbs like a rocket, can reach 800km/h in a dive, and about 500km/h in level flight, has 20 secs of firing time for the 2x23mmVya.

Shot down several fw190s and 5 me262s, and that was several kills in each sortie. Got shot down twice by me262.

Its funny how the fw190s think they can outturn a il10, when and if the dogfight hits the deck. Even the bf109Ks were easy meat (no kills though). Everyone thinks the il10 turns like a whale, and leisurely circle with no flaps, until they realize I'm actually gaining. Then they try to extend away, but hey, two Vya can shoot quite far.
The me262s didn't get this either - some tried to shallow BnZ me but I turned head on and let rip as soon as they were within 800m - actually I think the MGs got some of them (one hit in the engine and it's all flames).
One tried to dogfight. And I caught one in a dive (I had alt and he was level)

What more can I say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif))

jimDG
07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Got to fly the il10 for the first time online the other day and it really kicks ***.
Climbs like a rocket, can reach 800km/h in a dive, and about 500km/h in level flight, has 20 secs of firing time for the 2x23mmVya.

Shot down several fw190s and 5 me262s, and that was several kills in each sortie. Got shot down twice by me262.

Its funny how the fw190s think they can outturn a il10, when and if the dogfight hits the deck. Even the bf109Ks were easy meat (no kills though). Everyone thinks the il10 turns like a whale, and leisurely circle with no flaps, until they realize I'm actually gaining. Then they try to extend away, but hey, two Vya can shoot quite far.
The me262s didn't get this either - some tried to shallow BnZ me but I turned head on and let rip as soon as they were within 800m - actually I think the MGs got some of them (one hit in the engine and it's all flames).
One tried to dogfight. And I caught one in a dive (I had alt and he was level)

What more can I say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif))

polak5
07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
IL-10 is a very kewl bird. I fell in love with it the first time I flew it. Take-off was a bit awkward compared to the IL-2 thought.
Still its a nice plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VW-IceFire
07-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Its certainly an awesome weapon in the air. Its an excellent ground attack aircraft and its quite competent in the air in its ability to defend itself. It never out performs its opposition but its ability to reposition for defensive fire (and its allot of fire that it can dish out) is very good. It does carry less than an IL-2 in terms of ground attack payload...but much more survivable.

jimDG
07-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Ah, no, I was using it as a fighter in all sorties (no payload). Been doing that for a while with the early mark il2s (that are lighter than the latter models).
The Il2 1941 field mod can also outfight its contemporary fighter opposition (at least in my experience).
I admit, though, that one major reason for my successes is that no one expects anyone to use the ils as fighters. They are actually better in this role than the bf110s.

VW-IceFire
07-09-2007, 10:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimDG:
Ah, no, I was using it as a fighter in all sorties (no payload). Been doing that for a while with the early mark il2s (that are lighter than the latter models).
The Il2 1941 field mod can also outfight its contemporary fighter opposition (at least in my experience).
I admit, though, that one major reason for my successes is that no one expects anyone to use the ils as fighters. They are actually better in this role than the bf110s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The IL-10 and IL-2 are both good for surprising an unwary foe with their heavy firepower and decent turn rate but a good pilot with a contemporary fighter will not loose an extended fight with an IL-2 or an IL-10. Even the 110 can be a very surprising plane to an unwary foe. I saw a team work together with 110s and MK108 cannons in a 1945 scenario and wipe the floor with the opposing Yak-9U, La-7, and Yak-3 fighters.