PDA

View Full Version : Reanimated Characters

kevinrthomas
10-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Although I have found the PC video game Assassin's Creed to be very challenging and somewhat addictive in nature, there are some features of the game that I have found to be most annoying. One of these features is the reanimate feature of which allows the game to generate AI characters on the fly. What I mean by this is that, in some scenes of the game, I walk into an area and am able to see AI characters at a distance. Suddenly, a Templar appears in much closer proximity to where there was no Templar prior as I move a little closer. I am not talking about a Templar who was previously hidden behind something, and then suddenly appeared from behind something. I am talking about a Templar or other AI character who should have been in plain view but was not until it reanimates much closer than other AI characters that are in view further away.

In other instances of the game, brand new AI characters reanimate out of nowhere at the exact local at which my character (Altair) is standing. This includes soldiers, thugs, and other AI characters. In short, even though population reduction should follow every kill in the game, it seems as if it does not truly follow at all, save for in the very short term prior to a very unrealistic reanimation features occurrence. In this regard, I am only talking about the general population with disregard for Templars, and other defined Assassination targets which do not reanimate in order to replace their having been killed previously in the general sense. Other instances have thugs, Templars, soldiers and other of the general population just popping up out of thin air right before Altair's eyes on both roof top, and ground level. This really diminishes the virtual realism of the game.

Perhaps, a reanimate switch to the games setup options might be added for those who wish to have this sort of reanimation occurring throughout the game.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

kevinrthomas
10-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Although I have found the PC video game Assassin's Creed to be very challenging and somewhat addictive in nature, there are some features of the game that I have found to be most annoying. One of these features is the reanimate feature of which allows the game to generate AI characters on the fly. What I mean by this is that, in some scenes of the game, I walk into an area and am able to see AI characters at a distance. Suddenly, a Templar appears in much closer proximity to where there was no Templar prior as I move a little closer. I am not talking about a Templar who was previously hidden behind something, and then suddenly appeared from behind something. I am talking about a Templar or other AI character who should have been in plain view but was not until it reanimates much closer than other AI characters that are in view further away.

In other instances of the game, brand new AI characters reanimate out of nowhere at the exact local at which my character (Altair) is standing. This includes soldiers, thugs, and other AI characters. In short, even though population reduction should follow every kill in the game, it seems as if it does not truly follow at all, save for in the very short term prior to a very unrealistic reanimation features occurrence. In this regard, I am only talking about the general population with disregard for Templars, and other defined Assassination targets which do not reanimate in order to replace their having been killed previously in the general sense. Other instances have thugs, Templars, soldiers and other of the general population just popping up out of thin air right before Altair's eyes on both roof top, and ground level. This really diminishes the virtual realism of the game.

Perhaps, a reanimate switch to the games setup options might be added for those who wish to have this sort of reanimation occurring throughout the game.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

TokyoPoliceClub
10-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Something tells me this was done to lower the already staggering system requirements. Imagine having to pre-render every citizen in every town.

I get what your saying and how it could be annoying though(and it is). That's really the only excuse I can come up for it.

kevinrthomas
10-11-2008, 01:37 PM
That's a pretty fair excuse. But what if the amount or number of reanimated AI characters kept reducing in number prior to their being reanimated based on kill ratio? Would be less taxing yet, would it not?