PDA

View Full Version : ot: Call of Duty 2 Players - Full Realism

R_Mutt
01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Well realer than the ratail version at least.

This is a little something for CoD2 players.

This guy "Wanna" over at anarchic-x has been working on mods for CoD2. He has implemented a sprinting function like in old cod1, you can bleed to death when shot if you don't heal/bandage yourself, the guns can actually jam if you spray too much and all in a more realistic environment. No HUD, doesn't even register any text when you kill someone, no bullet count in chamber, etc. And when you are killed it will show by who, the distance, and region of body where hit.

The only problem, he can't get anybody to play the frickin thing!

So for those interested, here's the info.

server name: anarchicWFM-Realism
IP: 72.21.55.130:28970

It looks like they're trying to organize a game tonight at 7:30 eastern.

PS: if you do play here's some control tips.

the [use] control in cod2 (which i believe is what you use to pick up other weapons) is what is used to clear jams and bandage yourself when shot. To bandage/stop bleeding you must kneel, stay still and hold in [use] key. Same goes for a gun jam, kneel and hold in [use] key.

Hope to spark some interest amongst the old flyboys and girls who are looking for another distraction.

R_Mutt
01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Well realer than the ratail version at least.

This is a little something for CoD2 players.

This guy "Wanna" over at anarchic-x has been working on mods for CoD2. He has implemented a sprinting function like in old cod1, you can bleed to death when shot if you don't heal/bandage yourself, the guns can actually jam if you spray too much and all in a more realistic environment. No HUD, doesn't even register any text when you kill someone, no bullet count in chamber, etc. And when you are killed it will show by who, the distance, and region of body where hit.

The only problem, he can't get anybody to play the frickin thing!

So for those interested, here's the info.

server name: anarchicWFM-Realism
IP: 72.21.55.130:28970

It looks like they're trying to organize a game tonight at 7:30 eastern.

PS: if you do play here's some control tips.

the [use] control in cod2 (which i believe is what you use to pick up other weapons) is what is used to clear jams and bandage yourself when shot. To bandage/stop bleeding you must kneel, stay still and hold in [use] key. Same goes for a gun jam, kneel and hold in [use] key.

Hope to spark some interest amongst the old flyboys and girls who are looking for another distraction.

Kwiatos
01-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Where i can download these mod?

LW_lcarp
01-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Ill have to let the boys in the House of Whack Clan about this.

And to Download it have downloads turned on and when you join the server walla yit will download

Worf101
01-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Beat CoD2 on "Veteran" some weeks ago. Not much replay value there. Are these mods for "offline" or "online"? Never played online in that game heard there's mad cheating going on there. Interesting post though... Where's my MG 44 at?

Worf101 99th Pursuit Sqadron V.F.G. "Spit Fire"

Xiolablu3
01-13-2006, 10:32 PM
I htink the main problem with COD2 right now is that the maps are too small, its just a grenade spam fest.

Also the PPS is just so uber that the Russians win every map as the maps are so small, and this gun rules in small areas.

It is so easy just to spray it all over and get a lucky headshot fromt he sheer amount of bullets coming out.

Bigger maps and mods are needed to balance things up, also compared to COD1 MP it is sorely lacking, in COD1 you have tanks,jeeps, bazookas etc. It has a long way to go to reach the coolness of fully modded COD1.

This mod sounds a step in the right direction. Thanks!

WTE_Mauler
01-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Try Armed Assult when it comes out and you'll have your realism. COD2 is a great run and gun game.

If you want realism then you need the correct engine design to flesh out the environment of a battlefield by not limiting yourself to just fighting in a small "arena" gladiator style. That is fun but not realistic irrespective to any fiddling done to that "arena"
Not to detract from all the hard work and time this guy must have put in with the mod the bottom line is modding that engine to give a realistic representation of ground combat is pissing in the wind IMHO. However I have not got the mod and will be checking it out soon during a week long geek fest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So may add to this later.

FWIW

S!
WTE_Mauler.

Werg78
01-13-2006, 11:41 PM
try red orchestrad instead (http://www.redorchestramod.com) a total conversion for UT2004.

and watch for the upcoming release of their full commercial game red orchestra - ostfront 41-45 (http://www.redorchestragame.com) on steam!

basically FB on the ground http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Brain32
01-14-2006, 05:53 AM
BS mode on:
You know what I hate about CoD, Germans climb over walls better, they go down the stairs faster, they run faster and strafe better, German MP44 is overmodelled how come it hits me when I charge on them through the open field. And what is that with 5 bullets in the head and I die? How can this be, US won the war...
BS mode off!
Sorry for BS-ing in a your thread guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hawgdog
01-14-2006, 09:05 AM
MUTTS A CAMPER!

Arms1
01-14-2006, 09:55 AM
i'll look for this, i liked the old cod tactical servers that slowed the players movement down (more realistic imho), im not too keen on the sprinting. just looked in the list for it but doesnt seem to be running right now. how do you join a game via ip? havent figured that one out yet.