PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Assassin's Creed 2

GunRage
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Feedback on assassinís creed 2.

I played the first on the PC, some bits really got on my nerves like not being able to cross boundaries during fights, but your opponents could, but al in all loved it.

Assassinís Creed 2, I played this on the Xbox, awesome game for the most part, I loved the new moves, weapons and story line, the attention to detail with regards to the maps is awesome to say the least. The story and puzzles are all well thought out.

But I do have two big problems with Assassinís Creed 2.

The first is DLC, I had not completed AC2 when I downloaded all the DLCís for it, I found this very confusing, the DLC kicked in before I went to Rome for the final assassination, so I found I had the apple and lost the apple even before I got the apple, how stupid is that. Why you withhold part of the story to sell as DLC I will never understand, but it has ruined the storyline for me.

Second, I had been holding off going to Rome because I wanted to complete the rest of the game a 100%, I had collected all of the feathers, done everything except completed one single race and a small part of the DLC still had to be completed.

So tonight after an absence of about 9 months, I thought to myself wouldnít it be nice to finish AC2, only problem is I had forgotten which part of the story I was on, I found myself clicking on the Rome mission by mistake, which was the one thing I didnít want to do. I was unable to get out of it, to back track to a previous part of the game, the DNA line is not accessible, so I have no way to complete the game that I had spent to much time on, hunting for clues and completing challenges.

Adding insult to injury, I stupidly deleted the session thinking it was just the Rome mission and I could finally finish off the rest of the game.

So now in order to complete AC2, I will have to start from the very beginning. Well thatís not going to happen, thatís for sure.
I had also purchased AC2 Brotherhood the day it was released, I have not even opened it, itís still sealed since I was determined to complete AC2 first.

Well I think that if game developers cannot be bothered to create a proper saved game interface, then why should I be bothered playing the games, what a complete waste of time. 100ís of hours spent and I now have to start again, I think not, tomorrow Iíll just trade in AC2 and AC2B-Unopened.

But on a plus note it was one hell of a game, up to a certain point that is.

GunRage
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Feedback on assassinís creed 2.

I played the first on the PC, some bits really got on my nerves like not being able to cross boundaries during fights, but your opponents could, but al in all loved it.

Assassinís Creed 2, I played this on the Xbox, awesome game for the most part, I loved the new moves, weapons and story line, the attention to detail with regards to the maps is awesome to say the least. The story and puzzles are all well thought out.

But I do have two big problems with Assassinís Creed 2.

The first is DLC, I had not completed AC2 when I downloaded all the DLCís for it, I found this very confusing, the DLC kicked in before I went to Rome for the final assassination, so I found I had the apple and lost the apple even before I got the apple, how stupid is that. Why you withhold part of the story to sell as DLC I will never understand, but it has ruined the storyline for me.

Second, I had been holding off going to Rome because I wanted to complete the rest of the game a 100%, I had collected all of the feathers, done everything except completed one single race and a small part of the DLC still had to be completed.

So tonight after an absence of about 9 months, I thought to myself wouldnít it be nice to finish AC2, only problem is I had forgotten which part of the story I was on, I found myself clicking on the Rome mission by mistake, which was the one thing I didnít want to do. I was unable to get out of it, to back track to a previous part of the game, the DNA line is not accessible, so I have no way to complete the game that I had spent to much time on, hunting for clues and completing challenges.

Adding insult to injury, I stupidly deleted the session thinking it was just the Rome mission and I could finally finish off the rest of the game.

So now in order to complete AC2, I will have to start from the very beginning. Well thatís not going to happen, thatís for sure.
I had also purchased AC2 Brotherhood the day it was released, I have not even opened it, itís still sealed since I was determined to complete AC2 first.

Well I think that if game developers cannot be bothered to create a proper saved game interface, then why should I be bothered playing the games, what a complete waste of time. 100ís of hours spent and I now have to start again, I think not, tomorrow Iíll just trade in AC2 and AC2B-Unopened.

But on a plus note it was one hell of a game, up to a certain point that is.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Just replay the game. It's really worth it. And Brotherhood too, it's the best of the series.

Also, I don't think you played AC2 for hundreds of hours on only one play-through. I only spent 40 hours on everything it offered me.