PDA

View Full Version : New Combat Move Idea

crash3
04-10-2011, 04:40 PM
during combat i frequently get knocked over by running guards/allies alike-i understand that could happen in the chaos of a battle but ezio just lies there for quite a long time before getting back up-im amazed the guards arent clever enough to stab down at ezio

i think the new move should be being able to roll along the ground to avoid guards stabbing down on you using one of the analog sticks

if ezio can stab guards on the ground why cant they stab us on the ground?

crash3
04-10-2011, 04:40 PM
during combat i frequently get knocked over by running guards/allies alike-i understand that could happen in the chaos of a battle but ezio just lies there for quite a long time before getting back up-im amazed the guards arent clever enough to stab down at ezio

i think the new move should be being able to roll along the ground to avoid guards stabbing down on you using one of the analog sticks

if ezio can stab guards on the ground why cant they stab us on the ground?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2011, 07:41 PM
id rather not see my assassin role around the floor like a little

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I do get quite annoyed when it takes so long to get up. Sittin there mahsing every button on the controler while Ezio just lays there for a few seconds. Maybe if I could slash their ankles and stick em in the face when they fall or something... I dunno could be cool.

UrDeviant1
04-10-2011, 07:57 PM
could just keep it more subtle an be able do that cool thing where u flip up onto your feet useing your back, like what jackie chan does in nearly all his movies when he gets knocked down or whatever.

Ureh
04-10-2011, 08:15 PM
In Prince of Persia you could block attacks with your sword when you get knocked down. Then do the "jackie chan" flip - as one person calls it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

UrDeviant1
04-10-2011, 08:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
In Prince of Persia you could block attacks with your sword when you get knocked down. Then do the "jackie chan" flip - as one person calls it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the official name for it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DavisP92
04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Something that has to do with doing a flip to dodge attacks and attack would be pretty cool. But the the new assassis needs to be able to jump on the heads of NPCs like in POP, that could lead to new attacks and ways to get away from enemies (showed in AC1 trailer). I see the new assassin doing more flips and being more acrobatic

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
On the subject of more acrobatic... Ubi needs to get their creative juices flowing because there are a TON more cool kill animations they could add (especially for the hidden blades).
I've personaly thought up a bunch myself. Honestly after hours of progressing through the game seeing that stab to punch and spinny neck slash thingy he does... it gets a little stale. Some cool flip kicks to stabs and punches and what not would help I think.

DavisP92
04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
yea even the assassination animations are getting old. something i would like to see is grabbing a guard with one hand and onther guard tries to cut ur legs off, so the assassin does a front or black flip to avoid the blow and stabs both guys in mid-flip.

other animations could be holding a guard to take a arrow or bullet for u then u throw a knife or shoot an arrow or bullet to kill the guard attacking.

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Good ideas. I sure hope the Ubi team adds things like these.

phil.llllll
04-10-2011, 09:39 PM
On the topic of kill animations, bring back teeth!

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Oooo. I just thought of a really simple but good one. Ok so when you walk up behind a roof guard and stab him in the kidney, instead of just letting go Ezio gives the ol' nonchalant one handed push tossing the gaurd off the roof. The same push that Ezio does in the intro movie.

See simple but great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

UrDeviant1
04-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah i like the thought of givin a cheeky little push off the edge once juckin a guard in the back. I think havin a hidden blade round your lower leg would be cool, imagine doin some spinny kick n planting your hidden leg blade in the side of a guards head! and if they get rid of that useless 'taunt' animation they could probly encorprate something like this of just have it as another combo using X

DavisP92
04-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Yea being able to push a person off the edge right after assassinating them would be better then grabbing them then throwing them or picking their dead body up then tossing them.

Yea getting rid of the taunt button would open up the combat, seeing how i didn't really use it. if guards didn't attack then i attacked.

If they were to add bow and arrow gameplay to the game (i like the bow over the crossbow)but for co-op then that could open up more gameplay. What they could do now is get rid of the lock-on system (making the game harder and adding more things u can do with it) shooting a person's leg causing them to fall or barely walk. and same with the arm, it could make the person drop the weapon. shooting a person with an arrow or bolt in the foot will pin them to the ground and shooting a person's arm or shoulder to a wall would do the same. They can even add some fun with it letting u pin a person to a horse and making the horse run off and drag the person with it.

Razrback16
04-11-2011, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

if ezio can stab guards on the ground why cant they stab us on the ground? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or even if you could still counter from the ground as we so often see in movies. That would work for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Even if Ezio just kicked the guy away so he could get up, that would work.

Ureh
04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Oooo. I just thought of a really simple but good one. Ok so when you walk up behind a roof guard and stab him in the kidney, instead of just letting go Ezio gives the ol' nonchalant one handed push tossing the gaurd off the roof. The same push that Ezio does in the intro movie.

See simple but great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good idea. But only for high-profile assassinations like when you want to send a message. But most of the time you want to be stealthy and not expose the body. Because sometimes I kill an archer but don't want the body to fall off.

But I'm not sure what intro movie you're talking about.

crash3
04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

i agree there needs to be a way of killing and disposing of bodies so that guards dont find them-that would be easier on the roofs but on the streets even a low-profile assassination would cause something like a suspicious zone-they should have guards automatically come to check out the area-if you are in that area then the guards get suspicious of you

if i dont sound clear then just take a look at the "SABOTEUR" game when you kill someone it automatically creates a suspicious zone but if its a really stealthy kill no one finds out about the dead body

but ye i also agree with the sending a message idea-it could shake up the morale of the templar guards before you fight them

See simple but great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good idea. But only for high-profile assassinations like when you want to send a message. But most of the time you want to be stealthy and not expose the body. Because sometimes I kill an archer but don't want the body to fall off.

But I'm not sure what intro movie you're talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blind2Society
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm talking about when you kill a lone roof guard from behind without high profile. You knwo the one where you grab them and put your blade in his kidney. the only difference would be instead of just letting go you shove him off the roof. High profile doesn't even come into play...

As for the intro movie, if you leave the game at the Assassin's Creed logo (the screen with the little start button icon just before the main menu) eventually a movie will start. If you have not seen it you are missing out on the best CG movie ever!

itsamea-mario
04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
It's not this one is it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNs4-kRLaE

If not then i'm checkin that out straight away.

As for the roof assassinations, i wish there was some way to stop them falling off at all, gets quite irritating sometimes.

Ureh
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm talking about when you kill a lone roof guard from behind without high profile. You knwo the one where you grab them and put your blade in his kidney. the only difference would be instead of just letting go you shove him off the roof. High profile doesn't even come into play...

As for the intro movie, if you leave the game at the Assassin's Creed logo (the screen with the little start button icon just before the main menu) eventually a movie will start. If you have not seen it you are missing out on the best CG movie ever! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I want to kill a guard silently I don't want to push his body off the roof. It would draw unwanted attention The protagonist is an Assassin which means your enemies shouldn't know you're here. If the body falls to the streets everyone will think two things: suicide or murder/assassination

I watched that movie and don't remember Ezio gently pushing anyone after he kills him (he kills four people in that trailer).

EDIT: Oh! You're talking about the Brotherhood trailer. Yeah, that's awesome. Another cool animation would be when you're running then press attack button, that will push them off with both hands. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Blind2Society
04-11-2011, 04:25 PM
If I want to kill a guard silently I don't want to push his body off the roof. It would draw unwanted attention The protagonist is an Assassin which means your enemies shouldn't know you're here. If the body falls to the streets everyone will think two things: suicide or murder/assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually it will draw no unwated attention. It draws attention to the body on the street not to you. That is one of the staptles of this game, moving a body to draw attention to a certain area.

DavisP92
04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
If I want to kill a guard silently I don't want to push his body off the roof. It would draw unwanted attention The protagonist is an Assassin which means your enemies shouldn't know you're here. If the body falls to the streets everyone will think two things: suicide or murder/assassination
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay first in AC u can throw bodies off the edge to cause a distraction, which is a good thing. So "Assassins" would use that seeing how it would draw wanted attention, not "unwanted attention". He's refering to it being easier to gently push the guard off the roof just after stabbing him rather then letting him fall down then picking him up then tossing him off the roof. However this mechanic would have to be optional, depending on the situation.

Something they need to add is what Ezio did in the CGI trailer when he jumped up, spun and slashed the guy on the horse. That wasn't in the game.

Blind2Society
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay first in AC u can throw bodies off the edge to cause a distraction, which is a good thing. So "Assassins" would use that seeing how it would draw wanted attention, not "unwanted attention". He's refering to it being easier to gently push the guard off the roof just after stabbing him rather then letting him fall down then picking him up then tossing him off the roof. However this mechanic would have to be optional, depending on the situation.

Something they need to add is what Ezio did in the CGI trailer when he jumped up, spun and slashed the guy on the horse. That wasn't in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I see the push being as a normal part of the assassination... and remember he doesn't need to actually push him of the roof just the push is sufficient. Instead of, stab let go it would be stab to bada** nonchalant push.

Ureh
04-11-2011, 11:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something they need to add is what Ezio did in the CGI trailer when he jumped up, spun and slashed the guy on the horse. That wasn't in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not talking about pushing the body off the roof after an assassination to save time. Rather a "nonchalant" shove like in the trailer or the heavy weapon animation without pushing them off. I misundetstood him and thought it would ivolve pushing the body off the roof.

I agree that throwing a body off the roof can be used to draw attention away from or towards something. But it should stay as the option where we need to manually pick the body uwhen we want to or only activated during high profile (holding down the button). For the latter, the assassin would run up to them then forcefully shove the target off the roof with both arms.

This probably sounds ridiculous but the reason why I said throwing bodies down the streets may draw unwanted attention is because I was thinking beyond what you'll experience in the game. If the a.i. was more realistic it would know that the archer came from the roof and investigate the roof.

Blind2Society
04-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Again it is not the point of pushing them off the roof at all. It is simply a cooler animation. If the enemy happens to get pushed of the roof, who cares? If they are close to the edge when you kill them they will most likely fall of anyway.

Ureh
04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Again it is not the point of pushing them off the roof at all. It is simply a cooler animation. If the enemy happens to get pushed of the roof, who cares? If they are close to the edge when you kill them they will most likely fall of anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I understand. I edited my post a couple minutes ago.

I'm not against your idea. It's the reason why Ezio's finishing move with the heavy weapon is one of my top faves. But it can be frustrating if a body falls if I didn't want it to.

Blind2Society
04-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Again it is not the point of pushing them off the roof at all. It is simply a cooler animation. If the enemy happens to get pushed of the roof, who cares? If they are close to the edge when you kill them they will most likely fall of anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I understand. I edited my post a couple minutes ago.

I'm not against your idea. It's the reason why Ezio's finishing move with the heavy weapon is one of my top faves. But it can be frustrating if a body falls if I didn't want it to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To each his own I guess as I have never had an issue with a body falling off a roof. For me there doesn't appear to be any negative repercussions.

crash3
04-12-2011, 11:01 AM
i think someone mentioned horsecombat from the original trailer-i totally agree there was no variety in horse combat at all yet again it just came down to button smashing and guess who comes out on top? oh ye invincible assassin turned killing machine ezio! lol

DavisP92
04-12-2011, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
i think someone mentioned horsecombat from the original trailer-i totally agree there was no variety in horse combat at all yet again it just came down to button smashing and guess who comes out on top? oh ye invincible assassin turned killing machine ezio! lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol yea they did, they said u can have complete horse combat and stuff. But yea that never happened at all.

Black_Widow9
04-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>