PDA

View Full Version : developers cheap trick to increase difficulty

P3NATOPSFE
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Controlling the character while fighting for control of camera view is bad enough but to make the character move drastically in a given direction without any input on my part is a cheap way to increase the difficulty. During the very last timed event that required the character to jump to a specific spot, I kept missing the landing spot, when I decided to ignore the time contraints just to see what was taking place, as soon as the character landed he slide what would be in scale around 4 feet, and without in physical indication, ie leg movement, he just magically slide sidewise.

P3NATOPSFE
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Controlling the character while fighting for control of camera view is bad enough but to make the character move drastically in a given direction without any input on my part is a cheap way to increase the difficulty. During the very last timed event that required the character to jump to a specific spot, I kept missing the landing spot, when I decided to ignore the time contraints just to see what was taking place, as soon as the character landed he slide what would be in scale around 4 feet, and without in physical indication, ie leg movement, he just magically slide sidewise.

GunnarGunderson
12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm going to guess what you're talking about and tell you this, when you double tap a direction in combat Ezio will strafe quickly in that direction

JAHman28
12-06-2010, 06:07 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Would you care to elaborate?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 06:12 AM
I think he's confused by the fact that if you point in a direction during a jump, Ezio will go in that direction right after finishing the jump, which can be annoying if you jump onto a balcony or something.

JJTHoukes
12-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Now, I think I know what he's saying.

In some temples, the camera won't move at specific spots. So if you're freerunning, and you're at said spot, you can't see where you have to go because the camera's at a set place.
This makes it harder to continue freerunning without stopping. And thus, the OP sees it as a "cheap trick" to increase difficulty.

I see it more as an annoyance that shouldn't have to be in the game at all.

MilsurpShooter
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
Now, I think I know what he's saying.

In some temples, the camera won't move at specific spots. So if you're freerunning, and you're at said spot, you can't see where you have to go because the camera's at a set place.
This makes it harder to continue freerunning without stopping. And thus, the OP sees it as a "cheap trick" to increase difficulty.

I see it more as an annoyance that shouldn't have to be in the game at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess I'm spoiled. After playing the original Resident Evil for so long I view any camera system as an improvement lol