PDA

View Full Version : "Your assassins are ready to strike" = whahh?

Rakudaton
01-01-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm not sure if I was dreaming when this happened... it was a while ago. Anyway. I'm pretty sure it was during one of the courtesan missions -- the one where the man is attacking the courtesan in a sort of roofless, round building (not the pantheon; I know that has an oculos). I'm pretty sure that when I approached it a message popped up saying something like:

"Your assassins are posted and ready to strike"

At the time I ignored it, because to get full synch I had to kill him with the hidden blade. But now, thinking about it... what does this mean? Is it that the assassins are in scripted places and will attack him specially if I call them? I remember seeing the TGS demo where Ezio went inside the pantheon to confront a priest, and you could SEE four of his apprentices creeping around on the balconies above before dropping down to kill the guards. Is that what happens here? If so, are there any more missions where that happens? I'd like to see them.

Rakudaton
01-01-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm not sure if I was dreaming when this happened... it was a while ago. Anyway. I'm pretty sure it was during one of the courtesan missions -- the one where the man is attacking the courtesan in a sort of roofless, round building (not the pantheon; I know that has an oculos). I'm pretty sure that when I approached it a message popped up saying something like:

"Your assassins are posted and ready to strike"

At the time I ignored it, because to get full synch I had to kill him with the hidden blade. But now, thinking about it... what does this mean? Is it that the assassins are in scripted places and will attack him specially if I call them? I remember seeing the TGS demo where Ezio went inside the pantheon to confront a priest, and you could SEE four of his apprentices creeping around on the balconies above before dropping down to kill the guards. Is that what happens here? If so, are there any more missions where that happens? I'd like to see them.

Inorganic9_2
01-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Replay it and find out?

Rakudaton
01-01-2011, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Replay it and find out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't sure what mission it was, but I found out and I did replay. It definitely shows the message, and it says:

"Press L2 to signal your recruits to strike"

Now this is a message I've seen come up nowhere else in the game. It suddenly appears when I get within lock-on range of the guy I have to kill, but when I do as it says nothing happens.

Maybe this is like the "keys" from AC2 -- something from an earlier build that they forgot to take out?

kolbaskat
01-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Well,play the game and you will find out,but if you want to know now:Normaly you call your assassins with L2,but that you have this option already in that mission is a bug lol

Rakudaton
01-01-2011, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolbaskat:
Well,play the game and you will find out,but if you want to know now:Normaly you call your assassins with L2,but that you have this option already in that mission is a bug lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I do know about the assassin apprentices, and I do know that you signal them with L2. I only did the mission after I'd completed the main storyline, and had 12 top-level apprentices. So I think we can conclude that it's not a bug that it just shows up too early -- I have recruits available, but it won't let me use them.

ChaosxNetwork
01-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah I understand what you mean, I saw this to but when I also wanted full synchronisation and so did not do it. When you replayed the mission what did it do? or did they get called in normally?

Rakudaton
01-01-2011, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Yeah I understand what you mean, I saw this to but when I also wanted full synchronisation and so did not do it. When you replayed the mission what did it do? or did they get called in normally? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing happened, I didn't even lose an assassin signal... I then tried holding the button instead. That just activated an arrow shower, but the arrow didn't even hit because of the walls around him.

Ureh
01-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I was disappointed with the Assassin recruits feature. I never use them.

When I bought this game one of my biggest hopes was to have several missions where you can do what they showed in the trailer. It felt awesome when I saw that Ezio, the Master Assassin, could call down his assassins all at once because he really needed them. And I like how they stepped aside in the Pantheon when Ezio held up his crossbow at the cardinal.

And other than a handful of Papal guards during missions you can only find four on the map. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Yea, I kind of wished that the Assassin recruits played a bigger part in the game. Other than the few missions where 100% synch is granted for using them, I didn't feel that the "Rome will not be conquered by a lone Assassin" thing was true :s

jzsnyder
01-01-2011, 07:56 PM
You can really fight any battle in the game without them...

Ureh
01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Exactly. I want the battles to be harder to the point where you must call your recruits or you will certainly die. Also medicine should be removed from the game. Armor should resist very little damage and offer no max health bonus.

Throughout the entire game there isn't one moment where you face an army of Papal guards as depicted in the trailers. Simply disappointing...

Also they should add some story background to each recruit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif