PDA

View Full Version : BoB Idea - Individual plane profiles and setup

WOLFMondo
11-18-2004, 04:22 AM
An idea for BoB which would allow each plane to have its own keyboard and joystick setup.

I get a bit frustrated which switching planes because I like a certain keyboard/stick setup for one plane but its inappropriate for other planes i.e. having weapons 1+2 on the trigger which is great for P47's but not for BF109's or P39's etc. Or I have my airbrake button as one of the thumb buttons on my Cyborg EVO because its quick to use but its sits dead when I fly planes without airbrakes and could be used for somthing else but its annoying to have to keep reassigning that button if I want to use it for somthing else.

I'd like to see it so each plane can be fully customised so when you pick a plane on a list in a co-op or DF room you not only pick that plane but that profile for that plane, its own joystick setup and key assignments. You could also have generic assignments so if you want one profile for all planes or make a template profile for a planeset (like all the Spits or all the Yaks) you could do that also.

Not sure how others would find this but I'd really appreciate it.

WOLFMondo
11-18-2004, 04:22 AM
An idea for BoB which would allow each plane to have its own keyboard and joystick setup.

I get a bit frustrated which switching planes because I like a certain keyboard/stick setup for one plane but its inappropriate for other planes i.e. having weapons 1+2 on the trigger which is great for P47's but not for BF109's or P39's etc. Or I have my airbrake button as one of the thumb buttons on my Cyborg EVO because its quick to use but its sits dead when I fly planes without airbrakes and could be used for somthing else but its annoying to have to keep reassigning that button if I want to use it for somthing else.

I'd like to see it so each plane can be fully customised so when you pick a plane on a list in a co-op or DF room you not only pick that plane but that profile for that plane, its own joystick setup and key assignments. You could also have generic assignments so if you want one profile for all planes or make a template profile for a planeset (like all the Spits or all the Yaks) you could do that also.

Not sure how others would find this but I'd really appreciate it.