PDA

View Full Version : Were the 4.01 FM's ever removed?

Skunk_438RCAF
04-06-2008, 11:30 AM
This is the topic of a heated debate on another forum, and if this is true, I must have really missed something.

Apparently we got beta SoW FM's with 4.01 and I'm currently debating that these FM's are still in 4.08/9.

So as the topic asks, were these beta FM's removed at one point in time? I see no mention of this in any of the patch read me's.

Skunk_438RCAF
04-06-2008, 11:30 AM
This is the topic of a heated debate on another forum, and if this is true, I must have really missed something.

Apparently we got beta SoW FM's with 4.01 and I'm currently debating that these FM's are still in 4.08/9.

So as the topic asks, were these beta FM's removed at one point in time? I see no mention of this in any of the patch read me's.

Tater-SW-
04-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm upstairs at my machine I use for email, and 4.05m certainly changed the AI a little, as a hard deck of 140m was added at that point (checked some emails I sent to 1C after that came out with it as a "bug" report. Sadly it was intentional). I can't say if that was the only change, but there has been at least that much changed, readme or not.

tater

DKoor
04-06-2008, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunk_438RCAF:
Were the 4.01 FM's ever removed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think - yes.
That's just IMO.

4.02/4.03 were the next step in line, and they created problems for big number of players who complained here...after that they released patch which obviously cured it but to a degree, that wobbly effect is still present but in much smaller amount.
Also Ai routines changed too along the way, as being the most noticeable of changes.

You can even search it, on General Discussion there was several threads about problems with 4.02 especially.

Xiolablu3
04-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Flight Models are always a 'beta', it wil lnever be perfect, its a constant bout of tweaking and adjusting in order to get things more realistic.

Some tweaks will make things worse, some better, but in general as long as the game keeps getting updates we get closer to the real thing.

Until the game is absolutely like real life (never) it will be a 'beta' flight model.

VW-IceFire
04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
The new and improved flight models are still with us yes.

They are sort of a beta test for the same system which apparently will be used in Storm of War although I imagine it'd be significantly tweaked. The new FM's are so much better than the old ones...no reason to take them out even with the glitches they initially caused.

R_Target
04-06-2008, 03:56 PM
The torque effects were toned down for sure.

TX-EcoDragon
04-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Many of the 4.00 era FM characteristics have been reduced significantly in subsequent versions. . .if that's what you mean.

M_Gunz
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
It's more right and realistic when there's fewer complaints, I hear.