PDA

View Full Version : engine error

atipton
01-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Just to add to the many error messages that all of our PCs are generating in response to trying to run the Alexander game..."Engine has caused an error in DF394B.tmp" this appears after the title screen has displayed for over 30 seconds. I have all of the very latest drivers and hardware with direct-X 9c installed.

I would like to hope that someone from UBI will be responding to this forum soon as I have never had a problem getting a game to the menu screen before!!!! My pc runs half life/doom 3 with absolutely zero problems.

Just looking at this forum approx 70% of postings are problem related, guys scale this up around the world - how many gamers are not getting alexander to work!!!! - This title should not have been published in this state.

A very disapointed gamer!

atipton
01-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Just to add to the many error messages that all of our PCs are generating in response to trying to run the Alexander game..."Engine has caused an error in DF394B.tmp" this appears after the title screen has displayed for over 30 seconds. I have all of the very latest drivers and hardware with direct-X 9c installed.

I would like to hope that someone from UBI will be responding to this forum soon as I have never had a problem getting a game to the menu screen before!!!! My pc runs half life/doom 3 with absolutely zero problems.

Just looking at this forum approx 70% of postings are problem related, guys scale this up around the world - how many gamers are not getting alexander to work!!!! - This title should not have been published in this state.

A very disapointed gamer!

Nectanebo_II
01-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I hope Ubisoft are already testing the patch and that the silence is a way of keeping the community on tenterhooks, or perhaps those dealing with Alexander are occupied with the patch. I hope Alexander the game is not some quickly thrown together movie tie-in based on the nearly complete Cossacks II that they will soon forget about. Unfortunately it is beginning to look like that.