PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2- Stamina Bar

Glitched
11-12-2009, 06:55 AM
This is a suggestion for Assassin's Creed 2, something that I think can change the whole game completely for the better.

Stamina. Something you never, ever saw in AC1. Altair could sprint for how long he wanted, he could fight off over 20 guys at once, and with ease he could scale huge towers and buildings.

These are godly powers, far from being anywhere near realistic.

Imagine, if your looking though the game options in AC2, and you suddenly see the option to turn stamina off an on. This could change the game completely, limiting our assassin for the better, not making him a steroid junkie that could keep doing one amazing feat after the other.

Stamina Bar (what is the Stamina Bar?):

Everything you do, sprinting, climbing, fighting, deprives energy from your Stamina Bar.
And when your fully deprived of stamina, you can't climb, sprint, or even fight (you can only block attacks). Now obviously since your an assassin, your stamina should be pretty good, but not god like (AC1). You can still sprint for a while and can still fight off a good number of guards, but with a limit.
How do I get energy to refill my Stamina Bar? Things like walking, sitting down on a bench, or even just moving can refill you Stamina Bar. Anything that isn't extreme, like pickpocketing and buying stuff from merchants. Also the economic system could help out, things like food, water can be bought to refill your Stamina Bar much quicker than sitting on a bench.

Effects in-game: The less Stamina the assassin has, the more it effects him. So lets show it, not just only on a bar. When the assassin is starting to run low on Stamina, he starts panting, and when he walks maybe even walk kinda sloppy-tired. Sometimes the people in-game, instead of the assassin shoving them around all the time, when your low on Stamina, you can easily get pushed by crowds, making a lot harder for the player to control the assassin. When he's fighting guards and low on Stamina (not a good idea), it's much harder for the player to fight (the assassin is tired!), counter attacks harder to time, and the guards seem to have an "edge" over the assassin.

Examples: In the demo game play you see the assassin pull off a smoke bomb and run off.
Why? I bet for a seasoned player, he could easily take on 20 guards or so, just remembering
to time between his attacks and counter attacks.
This is where the Stamina Bar comes in, making sure 1 man vs another 20 guards can't win, no matter how strong of an assassin (or anything else) he is.

The Stamina Bar can completely change how a player thinks in-game.

(New Scenario)
The player realizes he has to fight 16 guards.
(Before Stamina) Stay and fight. Kill all the guards, timing my attacks and block to preserve health, but still fight. It will take time, but I can win.
(After Stamina) Should I stay and fight, hoping my stamina could hold out for that long? Or should I drop a smoke bomb and sprint to find cover?

(New Scenario)
The player is planning an assassination.
(Before Stamina) Run and kill the target when the guard's are facing the target to greet him, forgetting about the crowd for a moment. After assassination, drop 2 smoke bombs and take a right into the city to escape the guards, going in the direction to turn in the mission, to save time (sprinting for over a minute).
(After Stamina) Run and kill the target when the guard's are facing the target to greet him, forgetting about the crowd for a moment. After assassination, drop 2 smoke bombs and take a right into the city to where a group of vigilantes are waiting to fight off the guards, giving me time to find cover and escape.

(New Scenario)
I have to climb a tower so I can get a bird's eye view of the area.
(Before Stamina) Not a problem. I just have to find out where I can climb and where I can't.
(After Stamina, Playing it Safe) I may have to find a place to rest for a minute or two, don't want to suddenly realize I'm out of stamina and probably fall to my death.
(After Stamina, Taking a chance) I'm pretty sure if I climb fast enough, I can probably make it right before I run out of stamina.

As I said, Stamina can completely change the game, in my eyes for the best, causing the player to rethink before he does something, should I really take on those 10 guards? Is my assassination plan really going to work? Can I really climb aaalll the way up there?

Stamina can totally change the game, and I know this is way too late, but there's always the hope for this coming as an option in a recent patch, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Additional notes:

Restricted mode- If in a time of crisis the assassin needs Stamina but he simply doesn't have anymore left, he can hit a button and he will go into restricted mode. Thats like your last bit of conserved energy that you always have laying around if something like this ever happens.
The very first thing the assassin does is then the only thing he can do requiring stamina. If he fights right after he uses restricted mode, he can only fight, he can't do anything else requiring stamina. If he sprints right after restricted mode, he can only sprint, etc... etc.. (even climbing, assassinating, even simply pushing someone)
In this mode the bar actually starts to fill up, except it's in the opposite direction, in a dark color, showing the player how much time of restricted mode he has left. After he's all out of restricted mode energy, the assassin can barely walk. He can start regaining stamina like usual, but restricted mode needs time to cool off before the player can use it again.

Quarter way- Only when you're one 1/4 from being deprived of stamina completely, you're assassin starts to show it. Only AFTER the Quarter Way mark will you're assassin will start to weaken in various ways (see Effects in-game).

Everything that takes Stamina, depending on what the assassin is doing, take it in different amounts and ways. Whenever the assassin pulls himself up over a ledge or when climbing up a tower, it takes a BIG chunk of stamina, and later slowly takes only a tiny bit. Sprinting, slowly but effectively takes away stamina bit by bit only when sprinting. When fighting, depending what the assassin does, makes up for how much stamina is taken away. Strong attacks take a lot more than light attacks, blocking and counter attacks take no stamina, and when either the player decides to run or to keep fighting, after the fight a medium amount of stamina is gradually being taken away before starting to regain stamina. Even when the assassin is just holding on to a ledge after a couple of seconds stamina starts to deprive. The more the assassin fights, the faster Stamina starts to deprive. Hopefully you get the idea, don't wanna start naming everything I remember from AC1 and all the trailers for AC2.

Even for an assassin if this is included you're going to have TONS of Stamina (at a time) to dish out throughout the game, and since different actions take different amounts of energy, it really balances it out so the game is still playable and fun but makes sense.
Examples:

When you're climbing up a tower you're probably not gonna have any stamina left. CLIMBING UP AT 90 DEGREES IS GONNA MAKE YOU TIRED. No matter who you are. Every time you pull yourself straight up it's gonna take a good amount of stamina, but for example if you pull yourself up only with your arms it takes a lot more Stamina than when you're using you're legs.

Fighting (depending on how many guards) will take a xxxx (medium) amount of Stamina, it's obviously the most effective way to go, but after a while with the Stamina Bar you're going to realize even assassin's can't simply take on 1 guard after the other.

You can still sprint for a good while, but after some time (again) you realize that you're assassin is no marathon runner, and he has all that extra gear he need's to take with him.

AGAIN YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TONS OF STAMINA, but realistically you're assassin is gonna be limited by his actions.

DON'T MAKE THE ASSASSIN A WUSSY!!!!!!!

Stamina is meant to improve the game, not to cripple our assassin! Everything should take a reasonable amount of Stamina, not "You killed someone now go rest on the bench eating a sandwich".

Wow that's a lot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Post your suggestions for the Stamina Bar! Don't write saying it will ruin the game and leave! Explain why you think so! The Stamina Bar is meant to be an option the player can turn off an on, so really no reason for anyone saying that they shouldn't include it in the game or recent patch.

Something that I felt needed to be pointed out:

Posted by amolang

ya it would ruin the pace of the game... its realistic but it feels limiting, and don't limit an assassin

It all depends on how much you limit him, assassin=god like? Doesn't make sense. + Did you check out the part "DON'T MAKE THE ASSASSIN A WUSSY!!!!!!!"? Stamina is not gonna stop you from grinding, what I mean is you can still do 1 side mission after the other, it's not gonna be a bar that you're always looking out for, but yeah it's gonna limit the assassin to an assassin .

Glitched
11-12-2009, 06:55 AM
This is a suggestion for Assassin's Creed 2, something that I think can change the whole game completely for the better.

Stamina. Something you never, ever saw in AC1. Altair could sprint for how long he wanted, he could fight off over 20 guys at once, and with ease he could scale huge towers and buildings.

These are godly powers, far from being anywhere near realistic.

Imagine, if your looking though the game options in AC2, and you suddenly see the option to turn stamina off an on. This could change the game completely, limiting our assassin for the better, not making him a steroid junkie that could keep doing one amazing feat after the other.

Stamina Bar (what is the Stamina Bar?):

Everything you do, sprinting, climbing, fighting, deprives energy from your Stamina Bar.
And when your fully deprived of stamina, you can't climb, sprint, or even fight (you can only block attacks). Now obviously since your an assassin, your stamina should be pretty good, but not god like (AC1). You can still sprint for a while and can still fight off a good number of guards, but with a limit.
How do I get energy to refill my Stamina Bar? Things like walking, sitting down on a bench, or even just moving can refill you Stamina Bar. Anything that isn't extreme, like pickpocketing and buying stuff from merchants. Also the economic system could help out, things like food, water can be bought to refill your Stamina Bar much quicker than sitting on a bench.

Effects in-game: The less Stamina the assassin has, the more it effects him. So lets show it, not just only on a bar. When the assassin is starting to run low on Stamina, he starts panting, and when he walks maybe even walk kinda sloppy-tired. Sometimes the people in-game, instead of the assassin shoving them around all the time, when your low on Stamina, you can easily get pushed by crowds, making a lot harder for the player to control the assassin. When he's fighting guards and low on Stamina (not a good idea), it's much harder for the player to fight (the assassin is tired!), counter attacks harder to time, and the guards seem to have an "edge" over the assassin.

Examples: In the demo game play you see the assassin pull off a smoke bomb and run off.
Why? I bet for a seasoned player, he could easily take on 20 guards or so, just remembering
to time between his attacks and counter attacks.
This is where the Stamina Bar comes in, making sure 1 man vs another 20 guards can't win, no matter how strong of an assassin (or anything else) he is.

The Stamina Bar can completely change how a player thinks in-game.

(New Scenario)
The player realizes he has to fight 16 guards.
(Before Stamina) Stay and fight. Kill all the guards, timing my attacks and block to preserve health, but still fight. It will take time, but I can win.
(After Stamina) Should I stay and fight, hoping my stamina could hold out for that long? Or should I drop a smoke bomb and sprint to find cover?

(New Scenario)
The player is planning an assassination.
(Before Stamina) Run and kill the target when the guard's are facing the target to greet him, forgetting about the crowd for a moment. After assassination, drop 2 smoke bombs and take a right into the city to escape the guards, going in the direction to turn in the mission, to save time (sprinting for over a minute).
(After Stamina) Run and kill the target when the guard's are facing the target to greet him, forgetting about the crowd for a moment. After assassination, drop 2 smoke bombs and take a right into the city to where a group of vigilantes are waiting to fight off the guards, giving me time to find cover and escape.

(New Scenario)
I have to climb a tower so I can get a bird's eye view of the area.
(Before Stamina) Not a problem. I just have to find out where I can climb and where I can't.
(After Stamina, Playing it Safe) I may have to find a place to rest for a minute or two, don't want to suddenly realize I'm out of stamina and probably fall to my death.
(After Stamina, Taking a chance) I'm pretty sure if I climb fast enough, I can probably make it right before I run out of stamina.

As I said, Stamina can completely change the game, in my eyes for the best, causing the player to rethink before he does something, should I really take on those 10 guards? Is my assassination plan really going to work? Can I really climb aaalll the way up there?

Stamina can totally change the game, and I know this is way too late, but there's always the hope for this coming as an option in a recent patch, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Additional notes:

Restricted mode- If in a time of crisis the assassin needs Stamina but he simply doesn't have anymore left, he can hit a button and he will go into restricted mode. Thats like your last bit of conserved energy that you always have laying around if something like this ever happens.
The very first thing the assassin does is then the only thing he can do requiring stamina. If he fights right after he uses restricted mode, he can only fight, he can't do anything else requiring stamina. If he sprints right after restricted mode, he can only sprint, etc... etc.. (even climbing, assassinating, even simply pushing someone)
In this mode the bar actually starts to fill up, except it's in the opposite direction, in a dark color, showing the player how much time of restricted mode he has left. After he's all out of restricted mode energy, the assassin can barely walk. He can start regaining stamina like usual, but restricted mode needs time to cool off before the player can use it again.

Quarter way- Only when you're one 1/4 from being deprived of stamina completely, you're assassin starts to show it. Only AFTER the Quarter Way mark will you're assassin will start to weaken in various ways (see Effects in-game).

Everything that takes Stamina, depending on what the assassin is doing, take it in different amounts and ways. Whenever the assassin pulls himself up over a ledge or when climbing up a tower, it takes a BIG chunk of stamina, and later slowly takes only a tiny bit. Sprinting, slowly but effectively takes away stamina bit by bit only when sprinting. When fighting, depending what the assassin does, makes up for how much stamina is taken away. Strong attacks take a lot more than light attacks, blocking and counter attacks take no stamina, and when either the player decides to run or to keep fighting, after the fight a medium amount of stamina is gradually being taken away before starting to regain stamina. Even when the assassin is just holding on to a ledge after a couple of seconds stamina starts to deprive. The more the assassin fights, the faster Stamina starts to deprive. Hopefully you get the idea, don't wanna start naming everything I remember from AC1 and all the trailers for AC2.

Even for an assassin if this is included you're going to have TONS of Stamina (at a time) to dish out throughout the game, and since different actions take different amounts of energy, it really balances it out so the game is still playable and fun but makes sense.
Examples:

When you're climbing up a tower you're probably not gonna have any stamina left. CLIMBING UP AT 90 DEGREES IS GONNA MAKE YOU TIRED. No matter who you are. Every time you pull yourself straight up it's gonna take a good amount of stamina, but for example if you pull yourself up only with your arms it takes a lot more Stamina than when you're using you're legs.

Fighting (depending on how many guards) will take a xxxx (medium) amount of Stamina, it's obviously the most effective way to go, but after a while with the Stamina Bar you're going to realize even assassin's can't simply take on 1 guard after the other.

You can still sprint for a good while, but after some time (again) you realize that you're assassin is no marathon runner, and he has all that extra gear he need's to take with him.

AGAIN YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TONS OF STAMINA, but realistically you're assassin is gonna be limited by his actions.

DON'T MAKE THE ASSASSIN A WUSSY!!!!!!!

Stamina is meant to improve the game, not to cripple our assassin! Everything should take a reasonable amount of Stamina, not "You killed someone now go rest on the bench eating a sandwich".

Wow that's a lot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Post your suggestions for the Stamina Bar! Don't write saying it will ruin the game and leave! Explain why you think so! The Stamina Bar is meant to be an option the player can turn off an on, so really no reason for anyone saying that they shouldn't include it in the game or recent patch.

Something that I felt needed to be pointed out:

Posted by amolang

ya it would ruin the pace of the game... its realistic but it feels limiting, and don't limit an assassin

It all depends on how much you limit him, assassin=god like? Doesn't make sense. + Did you check out the part "DON'T MAKE THE ASSASSIN A WUSSY!!!!!!!"? Stamina is not gonna stop you from grinding, what I mean is you can still do 1 side mission after the other, it's not gonna be a bar that you're always looking out for, but yeah it's gonna limit the assassin to an assassin .

HewieAlbino
11-12-2009, 07:45 AM
I think the Stamina thing could work for the climbing part (Shadow of the Colossus anyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). Especially since the buildings are getting higher.

I think it might be a bit too late to add into AC2 though, since it's coming out in 5/7 days. AC3 maybe. I don't mean to sound like a mod, but maybe you can post this in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4581016208) instead.

nicky117
11-12-2009, 07:48 AM
you got a point, but who doesnt like god like powers?

Glitched
11-12-2009, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nicky117:
you got a point, but who doesnt like god like powers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imagine if you had a game that had 4 modes- Easy, Normal, Hard and Deadly.

Now imagine playing the game over and over again on Easy.

My point is that usually for everything if there's a challenge it's a lot more fun.

salted onions
11-12-2009, 08:04 AM
This idea seems very well thought out, though I don't enjoy the idea of having too stand still/sit down/eat for stamina. That just ruins the action pace of the game. Perhaps it would be more reasonable for you too gain stamina as you walk around, not doing much, just wandering, pickpocketing a few people in the process during your downtime http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Glitched
11-12-2009, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
This idea seems very well thought out, though I don't enjoy the idea of having too stand still/sit down/eat for stamina. That just ruins the action pace of the game. Perhaps it would be more reasonable for you too gain stamina as you walk around, not doing much, just wandering, pickpocketing a few people in the process during your downtime http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot about pickpocketing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. And walking around does start to refill your Stamina Bar. Just added pickpocketing and buying stuff from merchants.

I wouldn't say it ruins the action pace of the game, it just limits it to a point that seems realistic. And when something action filled happens in a realistic game(/life) it means that much more.

the amolang
11-12-2009, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
This idea seems very well thought out, though I don't enjoy the idea of having too stand still/sit down/eat for stamina. That just ruins the action pace of the game. Perhaps it would be more reasonable for you too gain stamina as you walk around, not doing much, just wandering, pickpocketing a few people in the process during your downtime http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya it would ruin the pace of the game... its realistic but it feels limiting, and don't limit an assassin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

HewieAlbino
11-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Wait a minute...
Assassins... eat? I thought they lived off the blood of their enemies? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Glitched
11-12-2009, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:

ya it would ruin the pace of the game... its realistic but it feels limiting, and don't limit an assassin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
It all depends on how much you limit him, assassin=god like? Doesn't make sense. + Did you check out the part "DON'T MAKE THE ASSASSIN A WUSSY!!!!!!!"? Stamina is not gonna stop you from grinding, what I mean is you can still do 1 side mission after the other, it's not gonna be a bar that your'e always looking out for, but yeah it's gonna limit the assassin to an assassin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Glitched
11-12-2009, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HewieAlbino:

Wait a minute...
Assassins... eat? I thought they lived off the blood of their enemies? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol feather dripping with blood from AC1 after an assassination ^^ "Tasty..."

Cryps1
11-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure how they would implement a stamina bar for console games at this point, but for PC there may be hope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I would rather there be just an energy bar, that slowly deteriorates as the day progresses, and you would need to eat something to continue doing epic assassin stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

bladencrowd
11-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Now every adores a stamina bar http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif . HYPOCRITES http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif.

Phobos14
11-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Suggestion for a game out in 4-5 days hmmm. That was a lot of typing. Maybe edit it to say AC3

Glitched
11-12-2009, 11:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phobos14:
Suggestion for a game out in 4-5 days hmmm. That was a lot of typing. Maybe edit it to say AC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always hope for a patch ^^

But yeah it's pretty late

EzioAssassin51
11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't mind the idea! It will be good for realism but the only thing is it might get a little annoying when you run out of stamina and it takes ages to get back up! It would go up quickly though! But i do like how you can switch it on/off!

CRUDFACE
11-12-2009, 11:44 PM
It sounds cool for a realistic game, but I only got like a few problems with it.

-Desmond is technically playing the character, Ezio, through a machine, so of course he doesn't get tired.

-I'd have to pace myself in almost everything I do.

-with the thing on the extra burst of energy, and refilling it and the main source. You said everything is lowered when not at full stamina...so to et the best out of everything would require me to always chill out all the time

-couldn't run around rooftops as much and when I run out of ALL of my energy and when another group of guards attack me (they walk around in groups sometimes) I'll get my @ss handed to me. That, or I'm constantly buying smokebombs

-IDK, this feels like something that can be used in a game like Metal Gear Solid.

Glitched
11-13-2009, 02:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
It sounds cool for a realistic game, but I only got like a few problems with it.

-Desmond is technically playing the character, Ezio, through a machine, so of course he doesn't get tired.

-I'd have to pace myself in almost everything I do.

-with the thing on the extra burst of energy, and refilling it and the main source. You said everything is lowered when not at full stamina...so to et the best out of everything would require me to always chill out all the time

-couldn't run around rooftops as much and when I run out of ALL of my energy and when another group of guards attack me (they walk around in groups sometimes) I'll get my @ss handed to me. That, or I'm constantly buying smokebombs

-IDK, this feels like something that can be used in a game like Metal Gear Solid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the bottom. You can still do side missions that require sprinting and climbing
one after the other (with a limit!). There's always blending when you run out of energy, and it's pretty hard to run out of stamina without realizing there's guards to look out for in your area. Read it again, made a few changes to clear things up.

Ragnar789
11-13-2009, 04:47 AM
It would be ok as long as I could turn it off because i loved the epic fights with the guards i had in AC1.

ProjectXigis
11-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I slightly agree with this suggestion. I would definitely use it as another type of mode, or feature for a higher difficulty.

john63
11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Ithink this idea has... potential. It would take a lot of fine tuning to get it challenging, but not insanely so.

iBoba
11-28-2009, 04:07 PM
NO, just no, it would destroy the entire game.

RobL92123
11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Great idea, as long as it's implemented well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

I'd suggest for AC3, I doubt this'll make it into AC2 with the game already released.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 04:36 PM
i really dont want them to do that, please dont ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

OSnailsO
11-28-2009, 04:44 PM
No it's not... It's hard enough in AC2 in the beginning to do that. At the end it isn't hard because you know a lot of stuff by then which makes it easy but you kinda want that since you worked so hard already...

gregt662
11-28-2009, 05:08 PM
In assassins creed 2 there were like a gazillion times I thought "man, i'd like to grind that". what i'm saying is ubisoft montreal should include a grind function (like in the Sonic games)in the next assassins creed installment.

XD
PEACE

caswallawn_2k7
11-28-2009, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what i'm saying is ubisoft montreal should include a grind function </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
they did it's called money so you can upgrade early.

Vozlov-3-0
11-28-2009, 05:13 PM
I've said it before somewhere for when/if a multiplayer mode gets put into the series that a stamina bar could make the combat work with a Stamina bar for blocking in fights.

It'd make you use dodge and strafe alot more instead of just holding block down all the time.

I think it could be implemented on a harder difficulty level perhaps for singleplayer? Mixed with guards that do more damage and dodge more could make the battles much more intense, and in some cases running away a good option, whilst rarely it may be necessary.

However I wouldn't use it for climbing, as falling down and getting killed could become really tedious and annoying, and there are few towers to have 'rests' on.

The only other thing I could think it might work on would be the sprinting/freerunning. But this is to much of an important game mechanic to use it on, and the gameplay just wouldn't work at all with it, as we'd be stuck running around the streets running into more and more guards. Mixed with stamina for fighting, we'd simply be slaughtered in no time.

If ever you got into a fight and lost most/all your stamina, there would be very little you could do afterwards, maybe getting to a hiding spot where they don't search for you, but more than likely running into more guards, and having nothing to escape them or fight them with.

Stamina for blocking weapons whilst fighting as an OPTION i'd say would be good, but everything else would rip the game mechanics to pieces and destroy the 'flow' to it as is.

I think there are ways it can be improved to be more of a challenge, but not this, at least not universally.

wwfls1
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
i dont agree with this cuz it makes the game realistic. Like Altair he trained his whole life to be an assassin he trained to have incredible stamina so it does make sence. Say he was trained to sprint for 10miles(which is possible) why would they put a HUGE stamina bar for that.

zitl
12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
As long as there's an on/off function it would be great.

bsrj22
12-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, this would completely ruin the game. I hope the devs never see this.