PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Hud and UI Elements.

GuardianU
03-31-2009, 02:45 AM
It seems that Assassin's creed has the ability to hide most of the HUD and UI through the menu options; however, is there anyway to hide the blue lines around people you are fighting? The target lock options don't effect this.

What I want to do is record video of the game play without UI or hud elements and the only thing in the way of that right now is the blue lines that surround the people you are fighting.

Please let me know.

Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GuardianU
03-31-2009, 02:45 AM
It seems that Assassin's creed has the ability to hide most of the HUD and UI through the menu options; however, is there anyway to hide the blue lines around people you are fighting? The target lock options don't effect this.

What I want to do is record video of the game play without UI or hud elements and the only thing in the way of that right now is the blue lines that surround the people you are fighting.

Please let me know.

Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lostassassin123
03-31-2009, 04:22 AM
No, there's no way, because it's an important part of the story.
Be sure to post the vid!

Doutzen
03-31-2009, 06:46 AM
no unfortuanatly you cant. And i dont think it's really important to the story.

drfeelgood8849
03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doutzen:
no unfortuanatly you cant. And i dont think it's really important to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no lost is right, its the animus' targeting system it's there to help desmond "technically".

Doutzen
04-01-2009, 01:33 AM
yes but that doesnt mean that if those blue things from the targeting system werent there that you cant understand the story. It doesnt add something to the story.

lostassassin123
04-01-2009, 05:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doutzen:
yes but that doesnt mean that if those blue things from the targeting system werent there that you cant understand the story. It doesnt add something to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's important to the story because it reveals that the whole thing is simulated through the animus and not from the brain directly.
The animus only reads important parts of memories and creates a simulation to have the actual flow between them.
It's being barely mentioned by anyone, you just see the 'bugs' of animus to realize it creates the thing from the main memory pieces and reads them directly because the animus is not perfect yet. THAT explains how you can die (de-synchronizing from the actually memory due to the failure of animus creating flow).
The bugs are, for example, the targeting's system symbols or you completely de-synchronizing in the last boss fight because the Piece of Eden actually affected Altair's brain so he barely remembers that = low amount of sync.
Go play the game again.

Doutzen
04-02-2009, 08:35 AM
no its just an excuse for having a target system like that. If it wasnt in the game the story would be excactly the same so its just a nice add for the story but not important.

lostassassin123
04-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh, what's so important in a sword? It's not important to the story, just a stupid old weapon.
And sprinting? Stupid excuse to get running in the game! Pfft. Does not add anything to the story.
Leap of Faith? LOLWUT?
Switchblade? Bare hands will do.
Wait, the animus is ridiculous too, the story spins around Desmond, Altair was just a stupid add, let's remove that too from the important-to-story list.
Now, there we have it, a perfect game! Walk around as Desmond and do bloody nothing! That makes sense and nothing HUD related! Win!

Many things are implemented into the story to make the gameplay, and thus, the whole game, more fun and variative. Hell, the whole 'Story' segment was implemented to make the game more fun!

And while we're having fun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If it wasnt in the game the story would be excactly the same so its just a nice add for the story but not important. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're a funny guy.
Do you even see it?

And, not important? It was more than HALF OF THE FFFFANTASTIC GAME!

Doutzen
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
omg so you are trying to tell me that a target system is as important as the weapons the walking/ running ect. The target system is only there so you can see wich guy you want to attack -.- really is it so hard to understand that its just a target system. Okey its part of the animus but that doesnt make it really important.

and sprinting running and the leap of faiths doesnt add anything to the story either. They are part of the gameplay not of the story XD

if the target system wasnt there, what part of the story couldnt you understand then?

caswallawn_2k7
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
the graphic glitches do add to the game as they enhance the feeling of a computer interface. if they were to drop things like this that show you are in a computer they may as well of just dropped the whole future part and based the entire game in the crusades making it a self contained story killing any follow on for a second game.

KZarr
04-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Things are getting interesting again...

Doutzen
04-03-2009, 04:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the graphic glitches do add to the game as they enhance the feeling of a computer interface. if they were to drop things like this that show you are in a computer they may as well of just dropped the whole future part and based the entire game in the crusades making it a self contained story killing any follow on for a second game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes those glitches remind you that youre still in the animus and it shows you what guy you are atacking but they do nothing more.

lostassassin123
04-07-2009, 06:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lostassassin123:
yes but that doesnt mean that if those blue things from the targeting system werent there that you cant understand the story. It doesnt add something to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's important to the story because it reveals that the whole thing is simulated through the animus and not from the brain directly.
The animus only reads important parts of memories and creates a simulation to have the actual flow between them.
It's being barely mentioned by anyone, you just see the 'bugs' of animus to realize it creates the thing from the main memory pieces and reads them directly because the animus is not perfect yet. THAT explains how you can die (de-synchronizing from the actually memory due to the failure of animus creating flow).
The bugs are, for example, the targeting's system symbols or you completely de-synchronizing in the last boss fight because the Piece of Eden actually affected Altair's brain so he barely remembers that = low amount of sync.
Go play the game again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^
You spend 75-85% of the game in the animus.
You uncover how animus works through the doctors' speech and through little detail.

Like those bloody glowing lines for example!

The whole game wouldn't be possible without the animus, so animus is important, and thus, everything animus-related is important too, so, thanks to your 'special method of considering things important to the story', it's one of the MAIN THINGS IN THE GAME. Whose fault it is you missed that?

Wait a sec...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All the following posted by YOU:
It doesnt add something to the story.

If it wasnt in the game the story would be excactly the same so its just a nice add for the story but not important.

really is it so hard to understand that its just a target system. yes those glitches remind you that youre still in the animus and it shows you what guy you are atacking but they do nothing more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by me:Many things are implemented into the story to make the gameplay, and thus, the whole game, more fun and variative. Hell, the whole 'Story' segment was implemented to make the game more fun! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and sprinting running and the leap of faiths doesnt add anything to the story either. They are part of the gameplay not of the story XD

Okey its part of the animus but that doesnt make it really important. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Isn't this amazing?
Ok, after all this, I'll try one more time.

I'll start from a point where you still understand:
Where do these glitches come from?

Doutzen
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
how difficult is it to understand that you could understand the story without the target system. Aside from the target system there are many more glitches. Im getting tired to explain that a target system isnt a story. PLEASE answer this question!

if the blue glitches from the the target system werent there, what part of the story wouldnt you understand??

Just anwer that please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lostassassin123
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
You got so far away from the main point.

Let me track you back:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No, there's no way, because it's an important part of the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And i dont think it's really important to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
THERE.
This whole thread I've been trying to put it in your head.
It is an important part of the story.

How you continue to change your thoughts and ignore the obvious is becoming boring to watch.
No matter what, you still stand still on your bloody rock of ignorance and continue to cover your ears from my blabbery while saying some slightly related stuff with such speed you can't even follow your own words.

I'm done with you. To cover it a bit nicely though, I'll answer your question, closing my eyes on that you haven't answered mine:

A matter of awareness.
If you did notice the other bugs, but not the blue lines, you wouldn't miss anything probably, as the other bugs will help you figure it all out.
If you missed most of them, including the glitchy lines, then you possibly will miss the animus things overall.
If you notice none of the bugs, you <STRIKE>fail</STRIKE> will not figure it out at all.
The part being:
The animus only reads important parts of memories and creates a simulation to have the actual flow between them. THAT explains how you can die, do something what assassin's weren't allowed to do etc. To put it in other way, you've got a memory point A (assassination briefing), you need to get to memory point B (assassination).
What you see in the animus inbetween the A and B points is a simulation provided by animus. Not like you're watching a DVD movie or anything.

Short version:
You can miss the animus simulation part without the lines, but you can figure it out without them just as good.
However, you can't deny that they are IMPORTANT to the story, which proves my point right.

Doutzen
04-08-2009, 01:34 AM
you dont have to be so angry. Just relax. You can say i cover my ears but i try to understand you. I cant speak english so well. And its very stupid to say that i ingore you while you do the same thing as me. We just wont change oure minds so dont say im the only one who wont change his mind.

Im not changing mine thoughts. The only thing what i want to make you clear is that it would be stupid if you couldnt understand the story without the blue glue around the victims while there are so many other glitches to remind you that you are in the animus.

If you have a question for me i will answer it. Im sorry if i didnt in the past but that because i didnt notice it i guess.

So you say that you can figure it out without them just as good and then you still say its IMPORTANT. While i still think they are just in the game to remind you you are in the animus.

I guess we wont be able to change each other opinion :P but if you have a question ill answer it. But dont be so angry only because we have a different opinion.