PDA

View Full Version : OT-This really " Sucks"

Frequent_Flyer
08-17-2007, 06:11 PM
This falls under the heading " you have to see it to beleive it " Crewman sucked into engine.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/id/2178928765

Frequent_Flyer
08-17-2007, 06:11 PM
This falls under the heading " you have to see it to beleive it " Crewman sucked into engine.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/id/2178928765

Choctaw111
08-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Several years after that, a news crew actually tracked him down at his home and talked to him about it. He is doing just fine. You can't even tell that anything is wrong with him today. Amazing!

berg417448
08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I saw an interview with him a few years back. He said it sucked the helmet right off of his head and thats what you see causing all of the sparks and flame coming out the rear of the jet. As I recall, he said that he caught part of his uniform on part of the intake and that is what prevented him from being sucked into the blades.

leitmotiv
08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I saw the vid a few months ago---in that copy they didn't tell the viewer he lived. Glad to know he made it. That guy ought to become a professional gambler--his luck is incredible.

Chris0382
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Mt TI said he was on the frozen runway once guarding a C5-A Galaxy when he felt himself sliding along the runway being pulled by the engins intake. Nothing happened but it gave hom quite a scare.

I_KG100_Prien
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Another thing that saved his life IIRC, is the intake duct for the EA-6 is tapered, and gets smaller as it goes towards the engine.. There are a couple of vids out there with crewmen getting sucked in.

I had an instructor in one of my schools who was a retired aircraft mechanic.. He worked on the A-7 Corsair II's. He told us a story about seeing a guy get sucked into the intake on one of those babies.. Which was wide open and big enough for a man to pass all the way through. Needless to say the poor bugger didn't make it through in one piece..

Flight decks aren't safe places to be. Gotta have your head on a swivel.