PDA

View Full Version : My track-Ir locks my pc

jugent
11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
After installing the Track-Ir pro and downloaded the latest software upgrade to track-Ir, the game locks and a sampling sound as all that indicates that the computer is alive.
No response for anything without the powerswitch.
Most annoying.
Any cure for this deadlock or infinite loop?
Anybody else got this problem?
I want to use my track-Ir.

jugent
11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
After installing the Track-Ir pro and downloaded the latest software upgrade to track-Ir, the game locks and a sampling sound as all that indicates that the computer is alive.
No response for anything without the powerswitch.
Most annoying.
Any cure for this deadlock or infinite loop?
Anybody else got this problem?
I want to use my track-Ir.

Freelancer-1
11-08-2005, 06:37 PM
If there's a solution, this is the first place to look.
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Grue_
11-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Track IR locks FS2004 so often that I've gone back to using the POV hat.

In this game it works perfectly...

Not very helpful to you but I share your pain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bolox00
11-09-2005, 08:31 AM
first thing i'd check is xp event viewer (control panel>administrative tools>..) what error is given here? il2fb error?

2)does tir work out of game-ie can you see the green dot move in the tracking window?

3)does fb work with tir not running?

4) did you unplug/replug tir as requested during update?

5)is tir plugged into a usb hub?- if so would recommend plugging 'direct' to computer

6)check usb power draw- goto device manager and expand usb controllers-check each of the usb root hub properties>power tab- are any of them drawing near to/more than 500ma? (tir draws 350 your cougar(usb composite device) draws 100)if they are on the same root i'd try moving one.

hope you get it going- its worth it

jugent
11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
No fault was tracked in event-viewer, perhaps because of the total locking of the computer.
Please give me more info about xp event viewer.

Track-ir works fine while installing and calibrating, I see the dots from the reflexions, the head moves all right, and the commands for enable, center and precision are not assigned to anything else.

FB workes fine right now without TrackIr, I removed the P4-shell dll file to test the unstability and then the computer locked for the first time. Then I restored everything and things went alright again.
I didnt plugged or unplugged it during installation.
It is plugged direct to my main-board.

The current for my roothubs are 350mA TrackIr 3
and 100mA unspecified.
I have only trackIr and hotas-cougar joystick connected to USB-connections

bolox00
11-09-2005, 12:58 PM
umm...
event viewer was an attempt to narrow things down

just to double check cougar and tir appear on separate usb root hubs? 450ma combined current is near limit for one root hub (500ma) if they are on the same root.

the fact the error occurred after 'playing' with dlls might point to that being the source of the problem?

only other thing i can suggest is to unplug tir, run latest driver to uninstall tir- including remove all registry entries, then rerun driver to reinstall, replugging tir when prompted, hope it works.

failing that try posting in naturalpoint forums and/or community help so someone clever can help
your dxdiag and a link to this thread may help others.