PDA

View Full Version : Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait.

kirzan
04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello Ubisoft,

I bought Splinter Cell Conviction PC, obviously. I have to say I was reluctant to purchase due to the DRM but, I figured if done right, it matters not to me as I usually play MMORPGs.

Now what I just said is the issue, it is not done right and works 50% of the time.

I get the "Establishing Network Connection... Please Wait." message which really should say: "Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait... FOREVER!" as it never really connects if it didn't right off the bat.

I want/need to know, is this a router port forwarding issue? If so, please tell me the ports and I will gladly forward them. I am NOT behind a firewall, and now that I found the ATI Hotfix to fix 50% of my issues, I really want to play, now.

kirzan
04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello Ubisoft,

I bought Splinter Cell Conviction PC, obviously. I have to say I was reluctant to purchase due to the DRM but, I figured if done right, it matters not to me as I usually play MMORPGs.

Now what I just said is the issue, it is not done right and works 50% of the time.

I get the "Establishing Network Connection... Please Wait." message which really should say: "Establishing Network Connection. Please Wait... FOREVER!" as it never really connects if it didn't right off the bat.

I want/need to know, is this a router port forwarding issue? If so, please tell me the ports and I will gladly forward them. I am NOT behind a firewall, and now that I found the ATI Hotfix to fix 50% of my issues, I really want to play, now.

DCAustin007
04-27-2010, 07:30 PM
It shouldn't be a router issue if your router is compatible with games, I think most new ones are. I have a Dlink DIR615 and I was able to play the game first try and quit and go back in one more time. Now I've just got my first Connection message and it wasn't able to connect. I didn't have to change anything in my router settings. I'll keep trying to play, so far the Deniable Ops is fun. I also notice that Steam is having a hard time connecting tonight too.

FocusElfROC
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Same issue, but intermittently it seems. Code is valid, and the Establishing Connection line never goes away.

DCAustin007
04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm getting the error now, can't play.

MinusII-VX9-
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
I seem to be having the same issue, weird thing is , i got in fine once, then closed to try to find my deluxe edition codes, then couldnt get back in..

Minus.

soccer06
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I had the same issue. I installed the game and it loaded fine. I quit for 5 minutes then when I got to the main menu, I got that notice.

I tried a couple more times with no luck. I waited another 10 minutes and it has been running fine for 3 hours now.

My internet connection was fine the whole time, so that is not the issue.

mass_destroyer
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
FOR ALL WITH THE PROBLEM WITH CONNECTION

DO THIS :

- TURN OFF ALL FIREWALL SUPORT in Windows

AND IT WORKS WITH INVITES 1000000 % !

spacedog2005
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi All. There is no a working fix for the problem with not being able to connect to the master servers. The key is to enter the Hosts file and delete all the IP addresses entered. Then save the file. If you cannot save the file, make sure you are runing as administrator. You can do this by opening the notepad as Administrator and opening the hosts file. Delete all the info relating to the IP addresses at the bottom. Save the file and start up the downloader!!

SliverLord
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
And where would that "hosts" file be ? ^^
I can't find it in the "src" directory or anywhere else in the install dir.

I just got the game, had to shut down my firewall to get to the "establishing connection" dialog and now I'm stuck ...

Last time I buy DRM-ed games that require internet connection by the way. I was thinking "hey, my new splinter cell copy got delivered, I'm gonna get to play when I get home". It turns out that I "played" for about 2 hours installing / rebooting because of freezes BEFORE the connection screen / looking for a solution to the connection problem

I Noticed another problem : Splinter cell Conviction doesn't seem to be too found of my radeon HD 4870 : the image isn't centered at all, but I guess a video-driver update will do the trick ...

Wanted_David
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spacedog2005:
Hi All. There is no a working fix for the problem with not being able to connect to the master servers. The key is to enter the Hosts file and delete all the IP addresses entered. Then save the file. If you cannot save the file, make sure you are runing as administrator. You can do this by opening the notepad as Administrator and opening the hosts file. Delete all the info relating to the IP addresses at the bottom. Save the file and start up the downloader!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you probably shouldn't have said that. if you think about it, why did you even put those addresses in that file in the first place? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SliverLord
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh, yeah and if spacedog is talking about "The" hosts file then it's a dead end for me I never had to edit it.

spacedog2005
05-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Hosts file is located here (C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts) Delete all the localhost info under the sample ones above.

as for adding addresses in the first place...you really need to be asking Ubisoft that, not me.

SliverLord
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
My Hosts file seems to be the original one (just a '127.0.0.1 localhost' rule ... nothing extraordinary so I guess the problem doesn't come from there. I tried out anyway and it turns out I'm stuck at the same point

DURBUN09
05-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Me too having problems with this game cant get it to work what have i have to do?? No answers my pc is working great with all other games.

[edit]

Mr_Shade
05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DURBUN09:
Me too having problems with this game cant get it to work what have i have to do?? No answers my pc is working great with all other games.

[edit] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I suggest you and the others contact support - they will be able to advise you further.

You can either contact them by phone, or using the link in my signature.

On a side note @DURBUN09 - please do not report threads, simply to attract attention - support are the only people able to help you, and they do not read the reports, The Moderation team do.

Only report threads if they are breaking the rules.

Thanks.

SliverLord
05-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I finally figured my problem out yesterday.

I read that when you use an old version of zonealarm, you have to upgrade it to the last version(9) in order for the game not to hang when connecting to the game servers.

What I did at first was to simply shut my firewall down and give it a try. It didn't work out. It seems that, even if you explicitly shut the firewall down (and Windows starts complaining about it), there's still a process in the background that monitors your connections and prevents certain ones, like the SCC one, from reaching out.

In the end, I upgraded to the last version of my firewall, restarted my computer because the firewall's installer left me no choice (didn't ask my permission to restart, it just did) and I could finally get to the games main screen and play.

The sound is still horrible during every single cutscene, but it's fine during the game itself (I wonder how that's even possible ...). So now I'm trying to figure out my sound problem but at least I can play ... Without a good half (I guess) of the story, it's not as immersive as it could but at least I get to play ...

Hope this helps