PDA

View Full Version : 1 Thing that bothers me about the popular idea.

AronAssassin68
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi there! Now there has been a lot of speculation about the whole French Revolution thing. I like it, think it's great, learned a lot at school about it, so I know it's been an interesting time to say the least. However there is one thing that is keeping me from standing behind this idea 100%. It's the surroundings and architecture. The AC series has always been very renewing and original, and the way the architecture was during revolutionary France, was still very, very much like the Renaissance architecture. Also I have been on many trips to both country's, and although culturaly very different, landscape wise it's kinda similar too. So my point is: I'd like to see an end of a chapter, like going from the dusty desert like medieval building style(AC1), to beautiful renaissance construction times(AC2/B). Now I want something completely new. Not saying a later time or something, but rather a new culture, new landscape, something completely new and original, as I know Ubi really loves to do.

Opinions.

PS: In case you're intrested, this idea (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4371020098/p/1) of mine is ultimately what I would love to see most in a future AC title.

AronAssassin68
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi there! Now there has been a lot of speculation about the whole French Revolution thing. I like it, think it's great, learned a lot at school about it, so I know it's been an interesting time to say the least. However there is one thing that is keeping me from standing behind this idea 100%. It's the surroundings and architecture. The AC series has always been very renewing and original, and the way the architecture was during revolutionary France, was still very, very much like the Renaissance architecture. Also I have been on many trips to both country's, and although culturaly very different, landscape wise it's kinda similar too. So my point is: I'd like to see an end of a chapter, like going from the dusty desert like medieval building style(AC1), to beautiful renaissance construction times(AC2/B). Now I want something completely new. Not saying a later time or something, but rather a new culture, new landscape, something completely new and original, as I know Ubi really loves to do.

Opinions.

PS: In case you're intrested, this idea (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4371020098/p/1) of mine is ultimately what I would love to see most in a future AC title.

Abeonis
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Personally, I find the look of the buildings and background to be of little importance. It's the atmosphere enerated by the NPCs that sell it.

If Ubi can manage to provide an accurate, enthralling image of life in 18th Century France, probably Paris, i'll be sold.

cgdemon894
01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I beg to differ. Having to study a whole unit in architecture for school. The French buildings back in the time period were very varied compared to the architecture we saw back in the Renaissance. A combination of Baroque, Mannerist, Gothic, and Renaissance. It's no question that there is much more variety when it comes to style. Plus some very amazing landmarks to explore (Notre Dame Cathedral, The Palace of Versailles the Parisian canals, the very narrow alleyways and tall apartment houses, the extravagant plazas, etc.)I see the French landscape as being a perfect fit.

AronAssassin68
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
I beg to differ. Having to study a whole unit in architecture for school. The French buildings back in the time period were very varied compared to the architecture we saw back in the Renaissance. A combination of Baroque, Mannerist, Gothic, and Renaissance. It's no question that there is much more variety when it comes to style. Plus some very amazing landmarks to explore (Notre Dame Cathedral, The Palace of Versailles the Parisian canals, the very narrow alleyways and tall apartment houses, the extravagant plazas, etc.)I see the French landscape as being a perfect fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, I certainly don't know as much of architecture as you there.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif haha. But I have been to many major european cities and my opinion still holds that I think everything built between 1500 and 1800 is, although somewhat different. still all kind of similar everywere in europe.

Thing about different athmosphere and stuff,,, I totally agree about that. That's why I said that I love the Idea and wouldn't even complain a mere second if the game took place there. Also. I've been to Paris several times and, I got to hand it to you, that's one of the best places an AC game could be set if we're talking about Landmarks.

Avl521
01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
What you mention is indeed interesting. To mention something to go along your post, London. It's a fairly requested place.

But please, this should be posted here:

AC3 And Beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

kriegerdesgottes
01-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Although there may be truth to that, France does differ in some ways having more gothic cathedrals like Germany, however the real attraction for me when it comes to atmosphere is the sheer fact that they are recreated the way they were back then no matter how they looked which is one of my favorite things about AC anyway. Let's face it Paris or Versailles 300 years ago would be amazing no matter what. Yes even though there was no Eiffel tower yet. Plus there is some pretty crazy stuff under the Parisian streets like that catacomb full of millions of bodies due to their lack of space for cemeteries. In fact the word catacomb comes from French.

AronAssassin68
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:
What you mention is indeed interesting. To mention something to go along your post, London. It's a fairly requested place.

But please, this should be posted here:

AC3 And Beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I thought about posting It in that thread. But this isn't particularly about AC3, only about the french revolution idea.

nukelukespuke34
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I agree with the TC 100%. This is the main reason why I'm against French Revolution as the AC3 setting. Architecturally, its way too similar to Italy. Yes, there are differences, but as they're both European countries with lots of ideas going back and forth at the time. They've both influenced each other. What AC3 needs is a setting that's as different from AC2 as AC2 was from AC1. This is why I think either colonial America or Feudal Japan would be perfect.

dchil279
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm most worried about guns. ordinary guards carry them. will the next ancestor as well?

kriegerdesgottes
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Maybe he'll get a musket. I doubt it though because I'm sure he would still have the hidden gun. The guards will probably have muskets though which I can live with. I'd rather them have those than those stupid paton things the guards had at the end of ACII.

tyrce111
01-07-2011, 04:23 AM
If this happens they HAVE to include more templar agent missions on the tidal island of Mont St-Michel.

AronAssassin68
01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nukelukespuke34:
I agree with the TC 100%. This is the main reason why I'm against French Revolution as the AC3 setting. Architecturally, its way too similar to Italy. Yes, there are differences, but as they're both European countries with lots of ideas going back and forth at the time. They've both influenced each other. What AC3 needs is a setting that's as different from AC2 as AC2 was from AC1. This is why I think either colonial America or Feudal Japan would be perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion, Feudal Japan is too far fetched, although cool. Colonial America is the one I'm going for, preferably the early times. I have once posted an idea about that, which can be found here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4371020098/p/1)

As you can imagine, I couldn't be more delighted when I first read about Giovanni Borgia's travel to the new world, coming in contact with various central American civilisations such as the Maya, Aztecs and Tlaxcalans.

IIwangcarsII
01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
French revolution could really work. But i think so could london.

AronAssassin68
01-07-2011, 11:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
French revolution could really work. But i think so could london. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once more, as I already said twice in this thread, the French Revolution thing is a great idea. I only had just 1 remark about why it would't be completely perfect. It even says so in the title..

alientraveller
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Why can't the new ancestor travel between America and France? Franklin and Jefferson did.

AronAssassin68
01-08-2011, 10:27 AM
bumpeeyyyy

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I do actually think it will be in France, partly because of the latest map on multiplayer... the public speakers are speaking in french on the map and i really do think that that is a hint to the next game. I mean France is the only other country that is on multiplayer! but i do think that the architecture of the cities may be very similar to the Renaissance of Italy. I do really want something new though, i would be ecstatic if they set it in Egypt, my favorite country in the world, i used to be obsessed with ancient Egypt! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AronAssassin68
01-08-2011, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
I do actually think it will be in France, partly because of the latest map on multiplayer... the public speakers are speaking in french on the map and i really do think that that is a hint to the next game. I mean France is the only other country that is on multiplayer! but i do think that the architecture of the cities may be very similar to the Renaissance of Italy. I do really want something new though, i would be ecstatic if they set it in Egypt, my favorite country in the world, i used to be obsessed with ancient Egypt! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar obsession, only with the Native American civilisations of central America. Maybe you should read my other post,(linked out above^) And see what you think about thathttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_Shade
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AronAssassin68:
bumpeeyyyy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Please do not post 'bumps' - if people are interested in your topic, they will post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah it would be pretty cool, like i said in another post, maybe ubisoft could do what rockstar did with GTA4 by adding episodes from liberty cit, they could have many new assassins from different time periods, maybe one of being with the Mayans and another in ancient Egyptians! this game has millions of possibilities! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif