PDA

View Full Version : help

mark-e-baby
04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
i have bought il2 complete edition was this a good move or not as i would like to join rooms please can people out there give any advice whethere i should purchase seperate Ace and PF or can i carry on with the complete edition??

mark-e-baby
04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
i have bought il2 complete edition was this a good move or not as i would like to join rooms please can people out there give any advice whethere i should purchase seperate Ace and PF or can i carry on with the complete edition??

FritzGryphon
04-14-2006, 07:01 PM
If you have complete edition, and patched to latest version, you should be able to join rooms.

The game has no server browser of it's own. Try Hyperlobby for online gaming.

http://hyperfighter.sk/

Skycat_2
04-14-2006, 09:25 PM
My understanding is that the Complete Edition is the current "latest version" of 4.04m. You should be able to join any room that is using 4.04m, which should be the majority of them.

The Ubi Soft server is a little confusing to navigate. Don't try to connect to rooms labeled Pacific Fighters as I think those are for the Standalone version of PF. You may have to experiment with various Forgotten Battles rooms until you find one that is compatible.

Hyperlobby is a very popular alternative and probably the best choice for you, actually, as there should be hundreds of people flying 4.04m there.

Tully__
04-15-2006, 04:23 AM
If you're flying the complete (merged) version at Hyperlobby you'll want the IL2 Forgotten Battles room, the Pacific Fighters room there only has standalone PF servers.

mark-e-baby
04-15-2006, 10:38 AM
thanks people it is a little confusing here. What is most popular the stand alone versions or merged??

Tully__
04-15-2006, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark-e-baby:
thanks people it is a little confusing here. What is most popular the stand alone versions or merged?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>For multiplay, merged without a doubt.