PDA

View Full Version : Where did AC1 happen? (2012 time)

ace3001
03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I was wondering, where was the Abstergo lab that Desmond was held in located? The Assassins took him to Monterrigioni, but from where? Was it in Italy, or did the Assassins take Desmond to Italy? I'm really missing a lot of points on AC1.

ace3001
03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I was wondering, where was the Abstergo lab that Desmond was held in located? The Assassins took him to Monterrigioni, but from where? Was it in Italy, or did the Assassins take Desmond to Italy? I'm really missing a lot of points on AC1.

persiateddy95
03-24-2011, 11:28 AM
No one knows exactly where it was. Haven't played AC:B yet so I'm not sure what happenned before they took him to Monterrigioni.

Jediknightben
03-24-2011, 12:28 PM
This may come to be a surprise, but Abstergo Industries must be in Italy.

If you remember in Brotherhood, Lucy says that Abstergo are watching the boarders of the country.

El_Sjietah
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Bringing Desmond from Abstergo to the hideout in AC2, was only a drive away. When you look outside in the AC2 hideout, you see Italian style buildings, so it's safe to say the Abstergo complex in AC1 was located in Italy as well. The tall buildings around it hint at a major city.

AntiChrist7
03-24-2011, 02:22 PM
When you escape Abstergo at the beginning of ACII you'll notice that a lot of signs are in italian. So pretty sure it's in italy. And as said, probably a major city (maybe firenze, who knows)

kriegerdesgottes
03-24-2011, 03:28 PM
It has to be in Italy. If you look around the parking garage when you break out, all the signs are in italian. When you look out the window when you get to the hideout it def looks like Florence outside.

Krayus Korianis
03-26-2011, 04:50 AM
Abstergo Industries (The game's current branch) was located in Italy. It's possible it is in Florence (Firenze).

AC1 took place in early October.
AC2 took place immediately after that and Desmond claims he was stuck in the Animus for three weeks in AC:B.

So in all, I believe it's been about 3-3.5 weeks of being in the Animus for Desmond.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
03-26-2011, 05:04 AM
yeah, Italy, because of AC2.

I am sure, when the Devs developed AC1, they didn't hink of Italy. Pretty sure, they tought of an American or Canadian city. But they decided AC 2 takes place in Italy, so it is logic , that AC1 took places in italy aswell.

But yeah, Desmond Miles, an english sounding name, barkeeper in Italy... Maybe, the agents of Abstergo searched for him and found him in Denver, New York, LA, Toronto, Quebec, Montreal or whatever and kidnapped him and brought him to Italy, because the headquarter of Abstergo is located there. And the all the other guys and girls with english sounding names..., well they were born in USA, but decided to live and work in Italy because of the weather.

If the modern parts of AC3 takes Place in America or anyother country outside Europe, i wonder how the devs will explain in the game, how the team of demsond will transport all their stuff to e.g. USA.

"Hello, we are Assassins to save the World. We are hunted by Abstergo Industries, modern Templers. We need to have a fly to USA, included all that stuff in this car. But please keep it secret. Thanks"

"Yes sir, that makes 30.000 Euros in whole. The tickets and transport of the car and 5000 Euros for keeping a secret. Logistic reasons you know.

Or maybe by ship? But that would take 3 weeks i guess, to cross the atlanitc ocean.

Or mabye they are transported by their Assassins Brother in a secret flying disc, from Italy to USA or around the World.........

who knows?

Or Maybe the tema of Desmon will never leave Italy in mordern times?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">he was eventually found, traced through a fingerprint needed for a motorcycle license, and was kidnapped to be brought to the Abstergo laboratory in Italy.[1] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles

AntiChrist7
03-26-2011, 07:40 AM
The easiest way to know the date is to check the emails you can hack into when you steal vidic's pen

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/E-mails

It seems the first AC was in the first week of september.

crash3
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
abstergo is a huge company their gonna have buildings in many different countries even though all the modern people weve seen are either english or american i think the significance of being in the same country as the ancestor is so that you can explore the modern day version of what you explore in the animus like in ACB where you get to explore monterrigioni and the collosseum in modern day i think thats pretty cool

Obreezy17
03-26-2011, 09:17 PM
It could take place in $witzerland. It's right next to Italy and Italian is an official language. It's also one of the wealthiest countries in Europe and does more international business than most other countries. Just saying it might not be Italy hahahaha &lt;3

UBOSOFT-Gamer
03-27-2011, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BubbaOB:
It could take place in $witzerland. It's right next to Italy and Italian is an official language. It's also one of the wealthiest countries in Europe and does more international business than most other countries. Just saying it might not be Italy hahahaha &lt;3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it could take place in France or Austria aswell, because it is right to italy too.
Or it could take place in Germany or Czech.

Or in Spain, a drive through France.

Or maybe in any country where the Assassin order got a guild???

ThaWhistle
03-28-2011, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
Abstergo Industries (The game's current branch) was located in Italy. It's possible it is in Florence (Firenze).

AC1 took place in early October.
AC2 took place immediately after that and Desmond claims he was stuck in the Animus for three weeks in AC:B.

So in all, I believe it's been about 3-3.5 weeks of being in the Animus for Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC1 was actually a single week in early September, and AC2 took place over 2 days in september. ACB took place over a few weeks. so the cutscene where desmond complains about the time spent in the animus must have been meant to take place a week or so into their time spent at monteriggioni

Ruscris2
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.c...od/story/so_far.html (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/story/so_far.html)
This.

persiateddy95
04-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I've just played a bit of Brotherhood and Lucy says it's their last hideout in Italy. So I'd say both AC2 and AC:B were in Italy.
And I don't think they traveled for that long from the Abstergo Lab to the hideout in AC2, so my guess is that they were always in Italy.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
05-01-2011, 03:14 AM
The building appears to be based somewhere in Italy. This is evidenced by Italian words appearing at both the warehouse hideout and in the basement car park, where an Italian sign states the clearance height for cars and a notice marking Vidic's parking spot.

Also, the laboratory is located in the "Research Wing" of the building, as confirmed by one of the guards.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co.../Abstergo_laboratory (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo_laboratory)

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND... READ Point 4!

1. Abstergo Industries is in Italy
2. Abstergo Industries is in the Vatican. There are no skyscrappers in the vatican, but it can mabye an illusion of the piece of eden. But the numbershields from the cars of the abstero-guards got the sign of the vatican. Lucy and Desmond flew from the laboratory to Monteriggioni. Which means the lab is in Itaky
3. Abstergo Industries is in E.U.R. in rome, 8km south of the vatican. there are skyscrappers and in a distance to Monteriggioni reachable.
4. In opposition to point 1 to 3, in AC1 you can see a B-power outlet in Desmond's room, which are common e.g. in the USA, but not in Italy.
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/de/images/1/12/Steckdose_Abstergo.jpg

http://de.assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo