PDA

View Full Version : How do you plan to play AC:B?

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Are you gonna be stealthy, a brute, or see where the combat takes you?

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Are you gonna be stealthy, a brute, or see where the combat takes you?

Stix453
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Stealthy all the way for the first playthrough, and then after that I guess I'll just play it guns blazin'. Assuming my PS3 is fixed by the time I get it.

breakdown89
11-05-2010, 09:56 PM
stealthy for the missions i have to be.....otherwise, i'm just gonna go ALL OUT and keep my combo going as long as it can http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

DeafAtheist
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm going to try and play stealthy. I want to try to sync with Ezio as close to 100% as possible the 1st time thru each mission.

Blazingdomino
11-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, judging by the name of the game, Iam going to be stealthy, since 'assassins'are ment to be stealthy.

sm312
11-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I want to go stealthy, but for some reason I'm inpatient and I end up fighting all the way through. But yeah I'm gonna go for that 100% sync with the missions, so I can unlock those repressed memories!

Stix453
11-05-2010, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sm312:
I want to go stealthy, but for some reason I'm inpatient and I end up fighting all the way through. But yeah I'm gonna go for that 100% sync with the missions, so I can unlock those repressed memories! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know how that feels. I was playing through Hitman: Blood Money and I ended up being so impatient that I just grabbed one o the characters as a human shield and literally shot every single guard in the level. Found it easier than wasting my time with disguises and whatnot.

tyrce111
11-05-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm going to just see how I go for all the missions...
I'll try not to break into combat but if I have to I'll probably use my throwing knives and short sword...
I think I will only play the multiplayer once I have completed the main story line or if i'm just hopping on for just a moment...
I think I will still be playing the SP most of the time anyway...

sm312
11-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I love the idea of being sneaky, and doing it all ninja-y. But I can't! lol

AnthonyA85
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
hm, i think i'll try any tactic, stealth where it's called for, and Jason Vorheese impressions everwhere else. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NewBlade200
11-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll get 100% sync as much as I can http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Viperkill101
11-05-2010, 11:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
hm, i think i'll try any tactic, stealth where it's called for, and Jason Vorheese impressions everwhere else. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ Agreed, also, I will most likely not use the BAM until my Assassin's are much much stronger. it's not like Ezio ever needed any real help anyways :P

SWJS
11-05-2010, 11:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">^ Agreed, also, I will most likely not use the BAM until my Assassin's are much much stronger. it's not like Ezio ever needed any real help anyways :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Double agreed.

salted onions
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I will try to refrain from blasting through the game like I did in AC2, and to stop and smell the virtual roses. I will destroy everything that moves. I'll always try to go for 100% synchro, but if it's too difficult I'll just move on go to the next mission. I'll use a blend of both stealth and fighting to achieve my goals. blah blah blah...

MCB280
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
on my first play though im going stealthy and use BAM quite a few times and on my second one is going to a brute and use BAM more in fights then stealth kills and so you can use them in combat rather than stealth

DeafAtheist
11-05-2010, 11:34 PM
As for using BAM I'll just see how it goes. I believe recruits earn XP for BAMs as well as off site unplayable missions so I may use a BAM on something simple like a lone rooftop guard that is beneath Ezio's abilities to waste time on that could otherwise be taken down with a couple of throwing knives.

I'm not terribly worried about losing recruits as long as I use them intelligently and not take too great of risks with them. BAM recruits are always the highest ranking recruits you have available.

DrBo
11-05-2010, 11:50 PM
I plan to play stealthily but with the new combat system in place, I know that's not going to last long. As for BAM, before I invest time in leveling an assassin I plan on sending him against impossible odds like the Swiss guard in the game just to see if he can keep his life. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 01:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrBo42:
I plan to play stealthily but with the new combat system in place, I know that's not going to last long. As for BAM, before I invest time in leveling an assassin I plan on sending him against impossible odds like the Swiss guard in the game just to see if he can keep his life. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice. I plan on enjoying the new features of the game to the most extent. I will be stealthy, but only when it's needed. I don't care much for thug combat when I'm trying to get tasks done. Though that won't stop me from goofing off every now and then. It's not like the game scores you on how ninja you can be!

I'll probably be doing a lot of training with recruits. I loved the small bit of strategy from AC2 you had to use in order to gain the most profit from your villa upgrades. I'm expecting more of that in AC:B single player.

Multiplayer may never happen for me. Just cause most of you "hardcore gamers" suck, and I don't want to ruin the game with your social drama. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Troyski1
11-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Stealthy. I'm going to try and play it without the HUD too. I hope it's easier to navigate without the minimap.

DeafAtheist
11-06-2010, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serenity9066:
It's not like the game scores you on how ninja you can be! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it does. To get 100% synchronization in Brotherhood you have to complete each mission as Ezio did which is most likely going to be complete stealth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Multiplayer may never happen for me. Just cause most of you "hardcore gamers" suck, and I don't want to ruin the game with your social drama. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do hardcore gamers suck?

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 02:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serenity9066:

Actually it does. To get 100% synchronization in Brotherhood you have to complete each mission as Ezio did which is most likely going to be complete stealth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Multiplayer may never happen for me. Just cause most of you "hardcore gamers" suck, and I don't want to ruin the game with your social drama. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do hardcore gamers suck? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said most hardcore gamers, but if you want an example... There's a variation of the type of person I DON'T want to play with. ****** for one, who are just there to beat you, and then laugh at you. Then there are the.. you know what? This should be obvious, why am I explaining myself?
Oh! Then there's the babies who are ready to jump at your throat for anything you say and do! That's another example.

DeafAtheist
11-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I said most hardcore gamers, but if you want an example... There's a variation of the type of person I DON'T want to play with. ****** for one, who are just there to beat you, and then laugh at you. Then there are the.. you know what? This should be obvious, why am I explaining myself?
Oh! Then there's the babies who are ready to jump at your throat for anything you say and do! That's another example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see. I hate those kinds of players too. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I'm foremost a recreational gamer... that is I'm there to have fun and enjoy the game and enjoy dishing the game with other AC fans. Dunno what system you play on but if you're on the 360 and want a decent person to play with feel free to add me if you want to.

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 02:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Oh! Then there's the babies who are ready to jump at your throat for anything you say and do! That's another example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see. I hate those kinds of players too. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I'm foremost a recreational gamer... that is I'm there to have fun and enjoy the game and enjoy dishing the game with other AC fans. Dunno what system you play on but if you're on the 360 and want a decent person to play with feel free to add me if you want to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww, :'] thank you for the offer, but I lack an Xbox 360.

SWJS
11-06-2010, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see. I hate those kinds of players too. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I'm foremost a recreational gamer... that is I'm there to have fun and enjoy the game and enjoy dishing the game with other AC fans. Dunno what system you play on but if you're on the 360 and want a decent person to play with feel free to add me if you want to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That makes three of us.

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 02:34 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be detected by guards throughout the entire game? That doesn't make sense. I mean I could understand for a lot of the missions yeah, but when you're just freeroaming?

Edit: Oh! Misread that. Well I wasn't only talking about the missions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DeafAtheist
11-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Awww, :'] thank you for the offer, but I lack an Xbox 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bummer. I have been considering a PS3. Might think about getting a used one off eBay. That's how I got my 1st 360.

DeafAtheist
11-06-2010, 02:40 AM
You can't be detected by guards throughout the entire game? That doesn't make sense. I mean I could understand for a lot of the missions yeah, but when you're just freeroaming?

Edit: Oh! Misread that. Well I wasn't only talking about the missions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 100% synchronization thing is optional. You won't fail the mission or anything if you aren't stealthy... unless the mission specifically requires it, but you will be scored based on it. So for those who want the added challenge they can attempt to get the 100%. Gives the game more replay value. So it's optional but you'll still be scored on stealth play.

obliviondoll
11-06-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm going to do what I always do.

Get home and win the game before I sleep.

I'll probably play with BAM a lot. I like friends. Friends are good. Friendly, even.

Jostru
11-06-2010, 06:04 AM
With a joystick of course.

Okay, no. I'll probably try to get as close to 100% synchronization as possible, but while free-roaming I'll be a complete brute. I just looooove to kill those guards with hammers or axes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JackyVengeance
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM
well im gonna try and do it stealthy I didnt do much stealth in AC 2 and im gonna plan my assasinations like you had to do in AC 1. after my first play through im just gonna use my fists and hidden blades.

There is nothing like walking in to a group of 10 guys and killing them all with their own weapons :')

Rakudaton
11-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I am going to maintain an aura of awesomeness throughout the game whatever it takes, just like the E3 trailer.

I like to play stealthily, so I'll be blending and using the BAM a lot. But the combat looks amazing, so there may be one or two guard kebabs in my wake.

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:46 AM
i like clearing full areas of guards out, so ill use bam alot to help me plow through whole areas of gaurds... i like to be cocky in game ;&gt;

DarkicoN14
11-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Im going in guns blazing. why be stealthy when i get the thrill of chasing my target???

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 10:03 AM
^^^ completely agree