PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood Recruit Question...

tyrce111
09-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I know there are alot of threads out there which have stuff like this on them but I havn't found the answer to my question...

I dont like the fact that they can die...
What will happen when they do...
Will you have to recruit more or will they just respawn later???

If you have to recruit new assassins will the recruit missions run out or will they keep on apearing everywear???

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is annoying...

tyrce111
09-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I know there are alot of threads out there which have stuff like this on them but I havn't found the answer to my question...

If you have to recruit new assassins will the recruit missions run out or will they keep on apearing everywear???

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is annoying...

cardeh
09-06-2010, 05:19 AM
This is most likely

-You will get two kinds of recruits story related and random. The story related characters will die live depending on the story and the random recruits will die depending on your discissions.

-The random recruits will never come back, but you can get more (I'm assuming you have a limit)
The special story recruits will never come back.

recruit missions will most likely be missions similar to those in assassin creed 1 where they are quite repetitive so no they wouldn't run out

bokeef04
09-06-2010, 07:07 AM
i don't know if recruit missions run out, although they probably won't due to the nature of them.

why do you hate that your recruits can die? they aren't immortal beings who can never fail a mission, if they couldn't die there would be no need to send them on missions to level them up or be careful with the missions you do send them on, you might as well play with godmode on.
if you send a lone assassin on a hard mission with a 1% chance of success then he should die

tyrce111
09-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm fine with my guys dying in battle but I dont want to lose the progress of thier level...
If they die in battle and they come back next time you summon them that would be great...
But if you get them to a real high level just so they can die...It would just be so annoying...
I dont mind them dying...I would just like them personaly to respawn...
Do you get me??

RipYourSpineOut
09-06-2010, 07:52 AM
I see what you're getting at, but it might seem a little too unrealistic, even for a game such as Assassin's Creed. Them dying will open up a new slot in your brotherhood, so you may recruit another one. To prevent them from dying, don't send the newbie assassins on difficult missions without backup. The more assassins, the better your chances of success http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Account_Deleted
09-06-2010, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:

<span class="ev_code_RED">not everyone is invinciable</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">They're gone for ever, that means their stats and weapons and upgrades</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">no your required to do side missions or story line missions to recruit more</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">chances there is a set amount since every new area should grant atleast 5 new avaliable recruits</span>

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is annoying... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tyrce111
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
So eventualy you'll run out of recruits...
No more BAM...

How long do you think it will take... WHAT A HASTLE!!!
One of my men die... A tiny little guy that could prove somewhat useful...
What do I have to do to get another guy back to the point my other guy was??
Spend a whole lot of time on training him instead of finishing the game...

It's like a never ending part of the game..
We'll never be able to 100% the game...

Murcuseo
09-07-2010, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
So eventualy you'll run out of recruits...
No more BAM...

How long do you think it will take... WHAT A HASTLE!!!
One of my men die... A tiny little guy that could prove somewhat useful...
What do I have to do to get another guy back to the point my other guy was??
Spend a whole lot of time on training him instead of finishing the game...

It's like a never ending part of the game..
We'll never be able to 100% the game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not read all the other replies but I don't know how you've come to that conclusion.

Don't take anything that's been said as reliable information. Also, getting worked up about it is pointless.

Personally I think your respawn idea is a terrible one, not only due to my obsession with realism but it would also take away any real consequence to misusing the B.A.M. system. A system like this should be designed to make the user actually think about the advantages and disadvantages. If you give a command and a recruit ends up out of his or her depth the consequences should be appropriate. Otherwise you'll just send them into unwinable situations without a second thought.

By the looks of it retraining recruits won't require much effort.

AnthonyA85
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Having fallen recruits respawn next time you envoke BAM defeats the whole purpose of recruiting more assassins.

I've got the impression that the people you rescue/try to recruit have a 50% chance of saying yes, they either will, or they won't, though this percentage may change thoughout the game, depending on how well you do. I think the AI is gonna randomly switch for each potential recruit, so that not every one you ask joins you (realistically, not everyone would I'd imagine, they'd have their own affairs to worry about) Ezio does give them the option to flee the area.

Also, I remember seeing in the dev diary (I think), that how you perform as a leader affects how well the assassins will perform, or if new recruits will be as willing to sign up.

So, not only will sending in-experienced recruits on hard missions possibley resuilt in their deaths, but that would also affect how oftern willing recruits are to sign up, your effectiveness and reputation as a leader would also be affected, to put it simply. It'd be something like "Jion you? Your last 5 raw recruits were all sent on suicide missions! I'm not joining you!", something to that effect, if you don't handle your recruits wisely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JohnConnor2012
09-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I think another restraint on BAM abuse is the time it takes junior assassins to do missions and thus train: the 5* mission in the vid listed at 15 minutes (real-time, presumably). Presumably, those assassins just won't be available for BAM when on the mission either.

EzioAssassin51
09-08-2010, 04:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
I think another restraint on BAM abuse is the time it takes junior assassins to do missions and thus train: the 5* mission in the vid listed at 15 minutes (real-time, presumably). Presumably, those assassins just won't be available for BAM when on the mission either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure you choose a few assassin's to take around with you, and then the rest are available for missions!

But i'm thinking, Anthony might be right, but i don't think they will have the past three missions thing, because how will you get them back?

I'm thinking some will run away throughout some of the recruiting things, and once your 12 (or whatever) spots are filled, the missions will disappear from the map, but as soon as a spot opens, the missions appear again.