PDA

View Full Version : Which was your favourite Assasins Creed title...?

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 07:40 AM
The contenders for this prestige award are as follows:

1) Assassins Creed
2) Assassins Creed II
3) Assassins Creed - Brotherhood
4) Assassins Creed - Revelations

I think its safe to say each title gave us something different, but you can only nominate one as your favourite, which will you choose?

iN3krO
11-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I see u voted on Assassin's Creed 1, could you post why did u chose it and what you don't like in the remaining Ac's that forbids u to prefer them?

Could you also post this poll and my question in other gaming foruns? It would be nice to have some data on players preferences so we are sure that Ubisoft does what the majority of the players really want.

I won't vote until i've played AcR (PC T_T) but i will take an eye in this topic helping me deciding to buy or download the game.

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Well you can feel free to go ahead and post on my behalf in other forums if you want too.

Q. Why did i prefer the original...?

when the original was announced/released it was so different from other gaming titles around that i knew i was going to buy it.

and once i played it, the storyline the ability to literally go anyway you choose too was amazing.

Out of all the titles i replayed the original so many times it was crazy, and i developed an attachement for the characters.

the scenes in between the gameplay when you had to walk around the lab etc even now feels more engaging than other version.

Despite the fact it was nice to see desmond running around montreal castle in mordern day with cars parked in places, etc.

the kindgom and the feeling of wide open spaces made the game world feel much bigger, which seems to have been removed with the edition of fast travel systems.

Its wasnt all top notch stuff the original did suffer from the same old missions in every city and the battle system wasnt as refined, but at least you felt rewarded for the things you achieved. more so than the last two where its kinda purchased if that makes sense.

the second one was ok in most repects, but because it had changed character it felt wrong in a sense and i missed altair...

Brotherhood i purchased that on release day and never played it after that day until revelations was released. at which point i couldnt afford that one so i restarted brotherhood and completed it in 2days very quickly never 100% completed. just to see the storyline.

i didnt much enjoy certain features about brotherhood, even little things like horse riding felt more akward more so in the city areas. and the new kick feature in battle drove me mad, whilst slighty better in revelations but still present.

in short i suppose its because i enjoyed the more engaging storyline and cutscenes, it felt bigger and the characters were more believable ezio was kinda dumped into the game without warning.

as time went by i still would buy every assasins creed title because i still love the series so much and want to see the storyline to the end but its getting watered down in the areas that held my interest and becoming a mainstream battle game.

funny how the simplest in the range, seemed more engaging to play... even running across the city in revelations doesnt seem as rewarding and feels less smooth in points too.

plus every following title has maintained a link to altair which makes you remember those golden moments of playing the original the first in the series of games you knew you wanted more off.

that feeling is lesser now, answer i seek at this point and i represent my gameplay in the same manner more rushing through each new title to see storyline rather than the desire to unlock everything, etc..

dxsxhxcx
11-21-2011, 08:39 AM
IMO the atmosphere AC1 has is better than the atmosphere of the other games and what Altair did during his life IMO makes his character/life more interesting than Ezio...

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
IMO the atmosphere AC1 has is better than the atmosphere of the other games and what Altair did during his life IMO makes his character/life more interesting than Ezio...

This is very true, you saw him build up from a new recruit to a master assassinator, felt the pain as he was taught lessons and provided with rewards.

Watched him engage with the world and then understand the creed and that its leader wasnt upholding it despite preaching it and so on so forth.

Then the next installment arrived and you was just given a brief video of a baby and descripition as to why you now controlled ezio, rather than feel it.

now im controlling a naughty boy who felt detached from the creed but you knew and understand the bloodline to a degree, even desmonds story was better explained in the original than that of ezio's background.

I forgive brotherhood because it was explained that its purpose was to fight rather than continue the storyline as such.

Altairs life was more entertaining...

and it was nice to see the little information on what happened to the character in revelations.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

This is very true, you saw him build up from a new recruit to a master assassinator, felt the pain as he was taught lessons and provided with rewards.

Watched him engage with the world and then understand the creed and that its leader wasnt upholding it despite preaching it and so on so forth.

Then the next installment arrived and you was just given a brief video of a baby and descripition as to why you now controlled ezio, rather than feel it.

now im controlling a naughty boy who felt detached from the creed but you knew and understand the bloodline to a degree, even desmonds story was better explained in the original than that of ezio's background.

I forgive brotherhood because it was explained that its purpose was to fight rather than continue the storyline as such.

Altairs life was more entertaining... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can understand you saying that Altair had an Interesting life, but he had in no way an entertaining one, oh and btw I voted Revelations

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Yea ok interesting it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think alot of people will probably like revelations because of the new content, after all the original was very repetitive really.

however this said i do think alot of the new content is more hard work that what its worth, the more i play the more i will adjust to these features.

This is why i created the poll, to see how people think about each title.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
Yea ok interesting it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think alot of people will probably like revelations because of the new content, after all the original was very repetitive really.

however this said i do think alot of the new content is more unessary work that its worth, the more i play the more i will adjust to these features.

This is why i created the poll, to see how people think about each title.
Each title gave a unique feeling, but to me Revelations sums it all up nicely,albeit doing it too briefly; I`ll admit that AC I has a special place in my gaming heart, but Revelations is the first AC Game, and 2nd Video Game in general, to stir my Emotions.

Chariflame
11-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Revelations came close, but ACII is still my favourite in the series and I get the feeling it always will be.

I'm hopelessly and sentimentally attached to the locations (to the point I went to Florence & Venice this summer), the supporting cast are bright and vivid, we got our first real taster of the modern day crew, it was nice and lengthy, and the story and pacing remains to be the best in my opinion.
It was also the first time we got that real kind of mindblowing ending (I suppose ACI's ending was similar, but not as dramatic as Minerva) so it's impact still feels the biggest to me.

I think a lot to do with your preference in games (in general) is the experience you had while playing them; ACII really gripped me in a way that Brotherhood and Revelations didn't come close to mimicking.

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
The ability to navigate the water in the second one was a nice change, and it worked well and stood the test of time...

People would be upset to see this part removed now i should think despite the fact it did make hiding spots more redundant.

ProdiGurl
11-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Time to be a broken CD again, but most people prefer and judge by the very first game they played [namely in any series].
People who got used to AC thru Altair and bonded w/ him won't as easily accept a game that's made a whole lot differently that veers off from the path they first experienced.

I first played ACBrotherhood and that's all I associate with and that's why I love Ezio.
I would be just fine if Altair wasn't in ACR at all bcuz I still have never played AC1 yet.
I plan to at some point, but there's too many other games I want.

With that said, there's still the other part of game critiquing - some sequels really do suck and get worse.
After playing ACII, ACB & ACR (up to Seq. 5), I think it's only gotten better - not perfect, but better.
AC3 should be really interesting. Then I'll see if I continue w/ the AC series w/out Ezio... hopefully the new character(s) will be addictive.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Time to be a broken CD again, but most people prefer and judge by the very first game they played [namely in any series].
People who got used to AC thru Altair and bonded w/ him won't as easily accept a game that's made a whole lot differently that veers off from the path they first experienced.

I first played ACBrotherhood and that's all I associate with and that's why I love Ezio.
I would be just fine if Altair wasn't in ACR at all bcuz I still have never played AC1 yet.
I plan to at some point, but there's too many other games I want.

With that said, there's still the other part of game critiquing - some sequels really do suck and get worse.
After playing ACII, ACB & ACR (up to Seq. 5), I think it's only gotten better - not perfect, but better.
AC3 should be really interesting. Then I'll see if I continue w/ the AC series w/out Ezio... hopefully the new character(s) will be addictive.
I completely agree with what you are saying, about it not being perfect but it is getting better, I`ll judge perfection from not when AC III is released.

ProdiGurl
11-21-2011, 09:25 AM
I think a lot to do with your preference in games (in general) is the experience you had while playing them; ACII really gripped me in a way that Brotherhood and Revelations didn't come close to mimicking.

Exactly. ACB is my first encounter w/ a flirty, hot, Italian Ezio who taught me all kinds of swear words in Italian - w/ so much personality... Plus I love all things Rome . . . 'The Banker' is a Mission I could do 100 times over and never get sick of it.
I loved a few of those and LOVED doing Kill streaks. I thought the moves were beautiful when he'd throw the secondary knives..
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

VERY fond memories for me the first time w/ the AC series.
It totally gotten me off of FPS games which is a miracle.
And add on that awesome Soundtrack w/ some night scenes perched up on a high column overlooking the city in Eagle Vision ... and so far nothing can top that for me.
Nevermind the horse I kept in the stable - I had killed a guard for his horse (the one w/ the red armor on it) and named her "Horta". lol
For some reason the game left her in the stable across from my Assassin crib lol

That's exactly why people fall in love w/ games & get sad when a series loses what they first felt.
I really loved ACII too.
[SPOILER}
I was mortified when they hung his family members
[END SPOILER].
Very long game, high replay value & I loved Ezio's womanizing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif lol.

I'm going to miss him in AC3, but look forward to the continuing story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

But I can see why people who loved what AC1 was & bonded w/ Altair & the main story could be disenchanted at this stage after ACII branched out into 2 other sequels to Ezio's story.
I just can't agree with it.

By the way, now that I'm into Seq. 5 of ACR, it's really picked up & it's becoming addicting. I'm loving this game

LightRey
11-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I like all games equally. Though I of course enjoy playing ACR over ACB and ACB over ACII and ACII over ACI, this is only because of the gameplay and graphical improvements.

BK-110
11-21-2011, 10:08 AM
I must say that I cannot quite choose my favorite. They're all the best in some aspect if you ask me.

ACI wins in terms of the actual assassinations and atmosphere and, until ACR had the best combat and story, in my opinion, with both the historical and modern day parts being intriguing and interesting. Now I feel that its overall story ties for the first place with ACR.

ACII overall makes me want to play through the story again and again, even though it isn't my favorite in any particular aspect. It's simply a great complete package.

ACB wins in terms of the sheer amount and variety of particularly the side missions. It also wins in terms of Desmond gameplay and ties with ACI and ACR for the Desmond story.

ACR now wins combat, if you ask me. It refined ACB's combat and balanced the abilities of enemies, as well as the number of difficult enemies. It ties in terms of overall story with ACI.

So in the end not one of the games is my real favorite. They all win in some aspects and lose in others.

But I guess I'll go with the one I found most enjoyable overall; ACII. While it wasn't my favorite in any particular aspect, the overall package was, in my opinion, the best. It's a game that I could constantly replay.

laxplyr1112
11-21-2011, 10:52 AM
i chose brotherhood i played AC from the beginning loved altair took awhile to adjust to ezio but now ezio is one of my favorite video game characters out there while ACII had the best story and the most da vinci and AC1 was awesome, Brotherhood's story was yes underwhelming but had a great ending i enjoyed cesare was one of the best bad guys the most epic final mission in the animus was in that game where you kill cesare. ezio also came into his own in that game and what ACB did best was take the awesomeness of ACII and build and refine it like the fighting was somewhat fixed the gun was actually usefull you finally get a crossbow da vinci's side quests were fun and desmond actually had a decent role and rome was fun so while my favorite ending was revelations and overall story was ACII brotherhood still takes the cake for me and it had some great moments i spent the most time with brotherhood compared to the others revelations is too glitchy right now for me to propel it to my favorite

Gil_217
11-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Without a shadow of a doubt, Assassin's Creed II. Best Assassin's Creed game for me. That game is absolutely beautiful, astonishing, and it had practically everything a video game must have. Interesting characters, diversity in the characters too, amazing character development(the character development of Ezio is amazing really), great graphics, beautiful cities ( Venezia is still my favorite city in AC), astounding story, emotion, longevity (Longest AC game), and, one of the most important things for me, the atmosphere of the game, Jesus Christ, I can't even describe that. I never felt so good playing a video game

With this said, I must say that I love all the other games, AC1 is still the game that I completed more ( I completed that game like 6 or 7 times) and for me, one of the best things in AC 1 is undoubtedly the dialogs, they are absolutely amazing, the best in the AC series, and of course the combat in AC1 is still the best for me

PS: I consider AC: Brotherhood a pretty underrated game

NORTHBOERN1
11-21-2011, 11:51 AM
ACII so far. I get to start playing revelations tonight though. I've got to add that ACII, and POP Forgotten Sands, for me, are like great books that you discover something new everytime you replay them.

Il_Divo
11-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Tough call. It comes down to AC1 and Revelations for me. The first Assassin's Creed introduced me to the universe and a very innovative style of gameplay and stands out as (imo) having the best plot, writing, and philosophy of the entire series.

On the other hand, Revelations refines all the gameplay aspects to a razor's edge, introduced Constantinople (which I love), and featured a well-done conclusion to the Ezio/Altair storylines.I think they represent the best of the AC universe in terms of writing, though I also enjoyed AC2's storyline.

ajl992008
11-21-2011, 01:31 PM
ac2 was amazing for me, thought ac1 was decent , acb was a let down for me, good but not good enough, acr however broke all expectations, it is my favourite becuaseo f its story, gameplay and location, what an amazing game!

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 01:35 PM
AC is STILL my favorite. Nothing else comes close really.

The feeling of getting for the first time to Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre was just amazing and everytime I returned to Masyaf, I felt ready to go straight back at it. I loved the investigations, thinking of the perfect entry and exit plan for each assassination and the dialogues between Al-Mualim and Alta´r are still the best in the series.

I don't mind at all playing AC2 all over again but the wwooowwww factor is just not there for me. AC on the other hand... Always is, always will be I assume.

Animuses
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Assassin's Creed II is still my favorite and always will be. It's simply the best AC game.

In my opinion no AC will ever be as good as the first two and so far, I'm right.

souNdwAve89
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Assassin's Creed is my favorite because I like Altair more than Ezio. Altair felt more like an assassin and the things that you had to do in order to do the assassination mission was more believable. Ezio is still an assassin of course, but he is more of a modern day ( when compared to Altair's and Ezio's time). I mean, even the Mario said so himself that they are not as traditional as their past counterparts. If I want to play as a old school assassin, then AC is the way to go. If I want more freedom to carry out an assassination, then AC2 and above are my choices.

I personally thought the enemy AI is the best in this game from the others since they were a little tougher. The combat system was more clunky, that's for sure, but it made the game harder compared to the later games. In AC, you had to time your counter button unlike the other games where you can just spam and you would pull it off. I liked the idea of having the hidden blade limited since it doesn't look like a great weapon to use when fighting. It's like using a dagger, but the hidden blade looks more fragile. An idea is from the E3 CGI trailer for Revelations, where the Templar soldier slashes Ezio's hidden blade off. I mean, fighting with the hidden blade looks cool, but I rather have it as a tool for direct assassination.

I will admit that AC's story is pale in comparison to AC2, but the "repetition" didn't bug me too much. AC2's story was epic because you are growing up with Ezio and seeing him going from an apprentice to a Master Assassin. It was very cool and believable how it took Ezio many years to accomplish his goals since these are high ranking members of the Templar Order with ties with the government after all. Brotherhood's story was great until the end, where it felt rushed because I got the feeling that the developers wanted to finish Ezio's story and to move onto Desmond's. I finished Revelations and I hate it say it, but I hated Revelations' story the most. All the questions that they were going to answer were the obvious ones that fans had an answer from the start.

roostersrule2
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
AC1- I didn't find it repetitive because I was just so entgralled by the atmosphere and the cities. It's also because I did each mission differently.
AC2- My favourite game it was perfect and that's why it got my vote, I loved seeing single handely take down almost the entire Templar Order.
ACB- I don't get why people hate it, it was a great game it added a lot of new things that worked really well. The story was also better then people rate it.
ACR- My 2nd favourite AC game never have I felt this much emotion in a game. You could feel when he felt bad, good, angry, sad it was all there and the city and story were top notch.

Mitchings
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Atmosphere, story, story length, soundtrack, characters, pacing and environments make me like ACII the best.

It's not only my favourite AC game, but my favourite game of all time.

gamertam
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 now and probably forever will be my favorite game out of the series http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif . Follow by Brotherhood. Many members and senior members here touched on alot what i'm thinking. So no needs to read my opinion.

...which partly explain why i'm still posting in Ubisoft's forum. Here's hoping AC3 just as epic and heart capturing as other previous titles (but mainly AC2). Day one purchase!. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Bipolar Matt
11-21-2011, 08:06 PM
This is a tough question. Out of them...AC2 was the standout for me. Ubi absolutely hit AC2 out of the park. Everything about that game...the introduction of my favorite video game character of all time (Ezio), the great rendering of multiple Italian cities. The gameplay, different ways to kill and a wide assortment of weapons, the soundtrack. Even the little things, like Ezio's robes and the cape. What more could you ask for in a game?

Being an AC fanboy I recognize AC:B and AC:R have their flaws, but I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Worthy parts of a trilogy. And taken as 3 games, the trilogy is incredibly epic. Never before has one character's story been told so deeply through video games, IMO.

kriegerdesgottes
11-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I like all games equally. Though I of course enjoy playing ACR over ACB and ACB over ACII and ACII over ACI, this is only because of the gameplay and graphical improvements.

Same here actually but I would say the game that I loved the most and the one that I felt was the best so far was ACII. I'm really hoping ACIII will take that title away.

CRUDFACE
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM
For the main story, it's Assassin's Creed Revelations. For the Side Quests, it's between Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and 2.

I just like ACR the best because it combines good characters (AC1) with diverse gameplay (AC2/B)

Et_Tu_Brute
11-21-2011, 11:14 PM
ac1 was incredibly tedious

ac 2 was very good

but acb was a more polished version
and had a lot of cool new abilities and such

acr's story didnt deliver for me

so i picked acb

Maurice_Wijma
11-21-2011, 11:49 PM
AC1 still gives me the feeling of how a character in these games had to be. The moving, the fighting and the looks were very nice, and all fitted in the scenery, which also was stunning. But it was a bit of the same in every mission.

AC2 still feels and looks nice. The story is more in depth, and the sceneries are great! It actually made me want to visit those places.
I feel that this game doesn't have any downsides for me.

ACB is nice. It has some improved parts, some new stuff and a cool story. But I was disapointed about Rome. I thought it was bigger. It still feels very contained,because of all the big open parts, and just a pretty little part full of buildings.

ACR? I still need to dig deep into this game, but I feel it will get a 2nd place. It feels fun, it looks fun, and after 2 days of playing, I still haven't seen averything of the city. The downside is that the real side missions on the map are gone. But what I thought was very nice, is that we won't start with almost nothing, like previous games. And the new features are very good, though they need to be pollished or redone.

My vote is for AC2 as best from the series.

Dagio12
11-23-2011, 06:31 PM
finally finished ACR yesterday, so I figured it would be a good time to post my vote. Its kind of a tough one.

I really liked ACR and as of right now its battling for #1 with AC2. I think it will depend on what mood I am in on any particular day to decide which is my favorite. haha.

AC - I loved this game. It was so unique, and the atmosphere and assassination missions were pretty awesome. It definitely did a good job at making me feel like an assassin from the crusades. The story was pretty awesome as well. However, it was very repetative and some things were tedious, but at the same time, it kind of makes sense with the story... seeing how the order worked in those days and how the culture and lifestyle was in those days.

AC2 - This game was amazing and sealed the series as one of my favorites to date. It was beautiful, the story was great, the missions were ( for the most part ) very cool. The game was just huge and remains the "biggest" of the series when it comes to content, locations, characters... etc.

ACB - I think this game was really good as well and def gets a bad rep it doesnt completely deserve. The story was good in parts but kinda had some iffy problems. Gameplay wise it was awesome. Some of the missions felt weird and I found myself thinking how much better the mission would have been if it would have done this or that instead. Some things just felt rushed and weird, i dont know how to explain it really. But i still liked it quite a bit.

ACR - was incredible. I loved "almost" everything about it. I wish it was a little longer and had maybe a few more side quests.. but eh, back to what it was. Contrary to a lot of people here, I felt the pacing was great for this game. Almost all the gameplay mechanics that made there way to the series seemed more polished and just seemed to work very well together. The mission types and mission designs were great. Some of my favorite missions are in this game. Things just fit my play style more in this game then almost any other. lots of stealth, lots of disguises.. i just felt more like an assassin (kinda how AC1 made me feel). I loved the atmosphere in the game a lot and I felt like I fit in and didnt stick out so much compared to brohood and ac2.

I absolutely loved the story, probably the most, and my only really complaint here is that I wish there was more. The way everything was told was top notch, the Templars bared a closer resemblance to the templars in AC1 which was a nice change. Most seemed to really believe they had good motives behind everything. Seeing Ezio becoming so wise was great, and the chemistry between him and Sophia was delivered beautifully. The ending was amazing on all accounts, never had I felt emotions like this during a video game and as much as weve had a lot of time with Ezio, ill be sad to see him leave. His character is easily my favorite in gaming right now and they pulled off his send off very well. His final pieces of dialogue at the end were just awesome.

there are def things they could improve on with Revelations, but overall it really did some awesome things that really fit me. It was money well spent.

AC2>=ACR and AC1>=ACB... I dont know, i like them all for different reasons I guess.