PDA

View Full Version : Should I watch ACR walkthroughs?

Sarari
11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
The earliest I'm gonna get ACR is in Thanks Giving, if I'm lucky and people have been posting walkthroughs on ACR already throughout youtube and I've been so tempted to watch them. Some people here on the forums told me that they are amazing.

So my question to everybody is should I watch these videos? Or should I not? If feel like if I watch them it'll spoil too much for me, and that if I don't I'll be going through hell for the next 2weeks-2month and I'll be missing out on so much.

Please leave your thoughts on what I should do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

Sarari
11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
The earliest I'm gonna get ACR is in Thanks Giving, if I'm lucky and people have been posting walkthroughs on ACR already throughout youtube and I've been so tempted to watch them. Some people here on the forums told me that they are amazing.

So my question to everybody is should I watch these videos? Or should I not? If feel like if I watch them it'll spoil too much for me, and that if I don't I'll be going through hell for the next 2weeks-2month and I'll be missing out on so much.

Please leave your thoughts on what I should do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

xboxauditore
11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I've watched the walkthroughs on Youtube and i'm getting ACR tomorrow, and I have to say, i kinda feel like I ruined it for me. It's worth the wait though, just don't waste your excitement watching spoilers.

Mr_Shade
11-14-2011, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>personally..?

I would say no...

I had the ending of a few games spoiled, and I don't really feel motivated to complete them..

End of the day, you should be old enough to know your own mind, and make a dicision based on it.

Peer pressure should never come into it..

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EscoBlades
11-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I'd also say no.

CRUDFACE
11-14-2011, 03:26 PM
If you have to, just watch some gameplay. But I'm pretty sure you know my answer.

No

cless711
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd stay away from spoilers. In the long run, you will be happy that you were able to play the game yourself, instead of watching someone else play it.

If you pre-ordered early, like some people have, fight the temptation, you have been through months of waiting for the game already. One or two more weeks should be nothing. I know its easier said than done but, in my opinion, I think you would be happier if you play the game yourself first.

Agentbarto
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
I say why not? My view is as long as you don't watch too many of the walkthrough gameplay videos you won't be dissuaded from completing the game. Watch some gameplay videos like those posted by Zwooosh since they contain few spoilers. Also just because you watch a walkthrough it doesn't prevent you from enjoying the gameplay when you play it because you will do things differently!

Then again I have a bias because I get mine tomorrow.

Sarari
11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I've seen the gameplay videos by zwoooooosh and they're awesome. I'm really happy to see that the guards have gotten a lot harder and to see that the eye witnesses have guards around them. Can't wait to fight.

And thank you all for your opinions. I'm not gonna watch any vids http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cless711
11-14-2011, 04:00 PM
you're welcome :P

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I was a bit tempted but then i was like "the games out tomorrow and i hate getting the game spoiled" so i would say if you want to enjoy AC R, NO.

SleezeRocker
11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
you're free to watch multiplayer videos!

Aside that, I wouldn't recommended it since you'll run the fun factor when you do play ACR

Sarari
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't mind ACR multiplayer vids. I watch those sometimes, nbd.

I'm so sad that the earliest time I'm getting it is Thanks Giving. But that's a maybe. It really depresses me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

roostersrule2
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
I don't mind ACR multiplayer vids. I watch those sometimes, nbd.

I'm so sad that the earliest time I'm getting it is Thanks Giving. But that's a maybe. It really depresses me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't watch you will not feel the emotion of the story properley as its amazing but I only just started.

rileypoole1234
11-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Please don't watch them mate. A game such as this need not be spoiled.

Sarari
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I won't. I'm not making the same mistake I did with Brotherhood.

Sarari
11-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok I have just been hearing a lot of people say that this game is short, has a crappy beginning, reveals nothing but a few things that don't matter, and has a disappointing ending. Is Revelations really that bad??? Like seriously right now, I don't know what to do. All this talk is letting my hopes down for the game, and I'm scared that when I buy it, it won't be as good as I thought.

SleezeRocker
11-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Ok I have just been hearing a lot of people say that this game is short, has a crappy beginning, reveals nothing but a few things that don't matter, and has a disappointing ending. Is Revelations really that bad??? Like seriously right now, I don't know what to do. All this talk is letting my hopes down for the game, and I'm scared that when I buy it, it won't be as good as I thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only you can be the judje if a game is good or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chronomancy
11-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Ok I have just been hearing a lot of people say that this game is short, has a crappy beginning, reveals nothing but a few things that don't matter, and has a disappointing ending. Is Revelations really that bad??? Like seriously right now, I don't know what to do. All this talk is letting my hopes down for the game, and I'm scared that when I buy it, it won't be as good as I thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like refunding mine.

roostersrule2
11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok I have just been hearing a lot of people say that this game is short, has a crappy beginning, reveals nothing but a few things that don't matter, and has a disappointing ending. Is Revelations really that bad??? Like seriously right now, I don't know what to do. All this talk is letting my hopes down for the game, and I'm scared that when I buy it, it won't be as
good as I thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>To me it's brilliant and I can't see how people are saying it's the same as brotherhood. Both are brilliant games with ACR being the better but they're so different. As for your question it's amazing best AC yet. Also the different districts feel like different cities. Finally I actually thought I was in the game sort of as when I walked past a bunch of smoke I felt suffocated but in a good way.

BlackRose1809
11-15-2011, 06:14 AM
It depends, if you need to watch them for a reason. Thanksgiving is next week. I watched only the first 16 minutes of the game because I'm planning to do an LP of it. But after that, I'm not going on Youtube for today because I'm getting the game tonight and I'm no way going to spoil myself more. Because I just spoiled myself a bit and I'm depressed on something that happens in the game and I'm sad.

Do what you think it's right. Also, just because a few people say it sucks, don't listen to them. Listen to yourself. All that matters is your opinion not others.

I personally think it's a beautiful. I also feel it's well made. Because they actually asked the fans to input their opinions on the multiplayer aspect. Not a lot of gaming companies do that. Look at The sims. No matter how much fans ask for things and help, they don't do anything. They don't listen. I remember one of their games had a horrible glitch that erased everything in your game and fans complained and they didn't come with a patch until a year later.

But anyways about ACR; In the beginning credits you see A LOT of studios from the same company, from different parts of the world being named that worked on this game. So that says a lot. Try it and see how you feel about it.

Sarari
11-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Well that's good to hear. I'm not as excited to play the missions as I am to explore the cities. Sadly, the earliest I'm getting the game is Thanks Giving http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Btw, when's the earliest you can travel between cities?