PDA

View Full Version : Everything we know about BOMBS -- Bomb discussion thread



Rakudaton
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Howdy. The new gamescon gameplay gave us a decent amount of new info on these, so I thought I'd try and compile it here.

SUPPLY INFO

>> Bombs must be made at crafting stations around the maps, using ingredients purchsed or found in chests.
>> There are supposed to be over 300 types of bomb.
>> Bombs are carried in three pouches: Lethal, Tactical, and Diversion.
>> You may only carry one type of bomb in each pouch. At the crafting stations you can change the type by dismantling your bombs and constructing new ones. The ingredients freed up by dismantling can be used in bulding the new ones.
>> It seems the bomb carry count has been upped to five per pouch (15 in total), though upgrades are as of yet unconfirmed.
>> SPECULATION: There appear to be 4 shell types and 3 gunpowder types. For there to be over 300 bombs in total, there must be at least 25 different effect items. There are 3 Lethal ones and 4 Tactical ones known, so this would mean there would have to be 18 Diversion effects. This seems unlikely: it is more probable that there are as of yet unseen bomb parts not in the current menu.

CRAFTING

You may only carry three types of bomb at a time, one sort for each pouch. To craft a bomb, you must select a "shell", "powder" and "effect" item.

Shells are the trigger mechanism for the bomb. There are four known varieties:

>> Impact Shell -- detonation on-impact
>> Fuse Shell -- detonation on a timed fuse (3 seconds)
>> Trip-wire Shell -- detonation when an enemy approaches the laid bomb
>> Sticky Shell -- the bomb will stick to objects, including enemies. Detonation mechanism is unknown. It appears the bomb can be stuck to someone surreptitiously.

Gunpowder affects the strength of the bomb. There are three known varieties:

>> Indian Gunpowder -- weak
>> Arabian Gunpowder -- medium
>> British Gunpowder -- strong

Effect items imbue the bomb with a special effect. There is a different set of effects for Lethal, Tactical and Diversion bombs


>> Shrapnel (Lethal) -- Disperses deadly shrapnel, killing those nearby.
>> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #2
>> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #3

>> Lamb's Blood (Tactical) -- Apparently it frightens enemies and makes them vulnerable. How this works is as yet unclear.
>> Caltrops (Tactical) -- The bomb will scatter caltrops (spikes) all over the area, slowing pursuers and inhibiting movement.
>> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #3
>> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #4

>> Stink Bomb (unknown type, probably tactical) -- creates an odour that repels NPCs. Attaching a sticky-shell stink bomb to a guard will make NPCs avoid that guard.
>> SPECULATION: Smoke -- We know there are smoke bombs, so it seems almost certain this is an effect ingredient. Causes a thick cloud of smoke that inhibits enemies.
>> SPECULATION: Flashbang -- A piece of concept art showed Ezio throwing what looked like a flashbang or a concussion grenade (small bright explosive + guards clutching their ears). Also in the demo he throws a bomb as a diversion, which seems to explode loudly but without much of an explosion.

GAMEPLAY

>> In combat, bombs are launched with the "head" button (Y/Triangle on consoles, I think). They are auto-aimed to hit the target.
>> Outside of combat, impact and fuse bombs can be thrown. An arc of flight appears. Fuse bombs can be bounced off of buildings.
>> Proximity trap-bombs must be set on the ground. The trigger radius looks to be between one and two feet.
>> Ezio appears to be immune to setting off proximity traps.
>> You equip bombs on a separate wheel to your main weapon. Each wheel will be selected from using an analog stick on the consoles.

If there's anything I've missed, please tell me!

Rakudaton
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Howdy. The new gamescon gameplay gave us a decent amount of new info on these, so I thought I'd try and compile it here.

SUPPLY INFO

>> Bombs must be made at crafting stations around the maps, using ingredients purchsed or found in chests.
>> There are supposed to be over 300 types of bomb.
>> Bombs are carried in three pouches: Lethal, Tactical, and Diversion.
>> You may only carry one type of bomb in each pouch. At the crafting stations you can change the type by dismantling your bombs and constructing new ones. The ingredients freed up by dismantling can be used in bulding the new ones.
>> It seems the bomb carry count has been upped to five per pouch (15 in total), though upgrades are as of yet unconfirmed.
>> SPECULATION: There appear to be 4 shell types and 3 gunpowder types. For there to be over 300 bombs in total, there must be at least 25 different effect items. There are 3 Lethal ones and 4 Tactical ones known, so this would mean there would have to be 18 Diversion effects. This seems unlikely: it is more probable that there are as of yet unseen bomb parts not in the current menu.

CRAFTING

You may only carry three types of bomb at a time, one sort for each pouch. To craft a bomb, you must select a "shell", "powder" and "effect" item.

Shells are the trigger mechanism for the bomb. There are four known varieties:

>> Impact Shell -- detonation on-impact
>> Fuse Shell -- detonation on a timed fuse (3 seconds)
>> Trip-wire Shell -- detonation when an enemy approaches the laid bomb
>> Sticky Shell -- the bomb will stick to objects, including enemies. Detonation mechanism is unknown. It appears the bomb can be stuck to someone surreptitiously.

Gunpowder affects the strength of the bomb. There are three known varieties:

>> Indian Gunpowder -- weak
>> Arabian Gunpowder -- medium
>> British Gunpowder -- strong

Effect items imbue the bomb with a special effect. There is a different set of effects for Lethal, Tactical and Diversion bombs


>> Shrapnel (Lethal) -- Disperses deadly shrapnel, killing those nearby.
>> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #2
>> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #3

>> Lamb's Blood (Tactical) -- Apparently it frightens enemies and makes them vulnerable. How this works is as yet unclear.
>> Caltrops (Tactical) -- The bomb will scatter caltrops (spikes) all over the area, slowing pursuers and inhibiting movement.
>> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #3
>> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #4

>> Stink Bomb (unknown type, probably tactical) -- creates an odour that repels NPCs. Attaching a sticky-shell stink bomb to a guard will make NPCs avoid that guard.
>> SPECULATION: Smoke -- We know there are smoke bombs, so it seems almost certain this is an effect ingredient. Causes a thick cloud of smoke that inhibits enemies.
>> SPECULATION: Flashbang -- A piece of concept art showed Ezio throwing what looked like a flashbang or a concussion grenade (small bright explosive + guards clutching their ears). Also in the demo he throws a bomb as a diversion, which seems to explode loudly but without much of an explosion.

GAMEPLAY

>> In combat, bombs are launched with the "head" button (Y/Triangle on consoles, I think). They are auto-aimed to hit the target.
>> Outside of combat, impact and fuse bombs can be thrown. An arc of flight appears. Fuse bombs can be bounced off of buildings.
>> Proximity trap-bombs must be set on the ground. The trigger radius looks to be between one and two feet.
>> Ezio appears to be immune to setting off proximity traps.
>> You equip bombs on a separate wheel to your main weapon. Each wheel will be selected from using an analog stick on the consoles.

If there's anything I've missed, please tell me!

rc732
08-19-2011, 06:13 AM
They also said that there is going to be two seperate weapon wheels 1 for bombs and 1 for regular weapons I don't know how they're going to do this because it seems they are running out of buttons to use on the controller

LightRey
08-19-2011, 06:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rc732:
They also said that there is going to be two seperate weapon wheels 1 for bombs and 1 for regular weapons I don't know how they're going to do this because it seems they are running out of buttons to use on the controller </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, didn't we think that too after AC1? They always seem to find some inventive way of making it work and making it work well.

reini03
08-19-2011, 06:37 AM
It's also possible to dismantle a bomb. The ingredients will be kept.

Systems65
08-19-2011, 07:38 AM
All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not?

Systems65
08-19-2011, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Too easy and I like the combat with the new slow me makes me feel cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

LightRey
08-19-2011, 08:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Too easy and I like the combat with the new slow me makes me feel cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, I guess I can agree with that. Though I think I would still use the lethal bombs, just not all the time. I don't really like using weapons that need replenishing too often.

medcsu11
08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
The trap bomb (mine) looks very useful.

twenty_glyphs
08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
It looks like the bombs will really let you play how you want. If you want to blow up people's faces you can, and if you'd rather cause a distraction to sneak past some guards you can. Seems like it will be a fun system that I'll enjoy experimenting with.

At first I was wondering how you were going to manage choosing between all those different types of bombs while you're in the world, but apparently you do only get to carry one type of bomb per pouch. At first that disappointed me, but it probably makes sense and helps you manage the 3 types you can use while playing. It also adds strategy and keeps them from becoming too overpowered I guess, since you can only carry 5 lethal bombs at a time and you can't mix lethal tripwire bombs with lethal impact bombs.

The system really does look intuitive and easy to grasp. You have 4 types of shells that have different types of trigger mechanisms, different types of gunpowder for different ranges of explosions, and then you add in the effect you're going for. My only question is why would you want to choose small radius over a large one? Maybe to be stealthy you will need the extra precision of a small blast radius.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
It looks like the bombs will really let you play how you want. If you want to blow up people's faces you can, and if you'd rather cause a distraction to sneak past some guards you can. Seems like it will be a fun system that I'll enjoy experimenting with.

At first I was wondering how you were going to manage choosing between all those different types of bombs while you're in the world, but apparently you do only get to carry one type of bomb per pouch. At first that disappointed me, but it probably makes sense and helps you manage the 3 types you can use while playing. It also adds strategy and keeps them from becoming too overpowered I guess, since you can only carry 5 lethal bombs at a time and you can't mix lethal tripwire bombs with lethal impact bombs.

The system really does look intuitive and easy to grasp. You have 4 types of shells that have different types of trigger mechanisms, different types of gunpowder for different ranges of explosions, and then you add in the effect you're going for. My only question is why would you want to choose small radius over a large one? Maybe to be stealthy you will need the extra precision of a small blast radius. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If there are innocents nearby you'd probably want to use a small blast radius.

Rakudaton
08-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes, the description entry for Indian Gunpowder implies that it's good for a small contained explosion when civilians are around.

But there's a more obvious answer: better gunpowder is more expensive. Just like you can't afford the best armour from the start, you probably can't afford to be stocking up on the very highest grade bomb powder either.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Yes, the description entry for Indian Gunpowder implies that it's good for a small contained explosion when civilians are around.

But there's a more obvious answer: better gunpowder is more expensive. Just like you can't afford the best armour from the start, you probably can't afford to be stocking up on the very highest grade bomb powder either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that too of course. There's no need for overkill after all.

reini03
08-19-2011, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Yes, the description entry for Indian Gunpowder implies that it's good for a small contained explosion when civilians are around.

But there's a more obvious answer: better gunpowder is more expensive. Just like you can't afford the best armour from the start, you probably can't afford to be stocking up on the very highest grade bomb powder either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you get the ingredients only from treasure chests? Maybe there'll be shops selling them too, I don't know.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Yes, the description entry for Indian Gunpowder implies that it's good for a small contained explosion when civilians are around.

But there's a more obvious answer: better gunpowder is more expensive. Just like you can't afford the best armour from the start, you probably can't afford to be stocking up on the very highest grade bomb powder either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you get the ingredients only from treasure chests? Maybe there'll be shops selling them too, I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt they'll only come from treasure chests, since that way you'll eventually run out of supplies without any way of replenishing them, unless of course treasure chests become some sort of respawning source.

twenty_glyphs
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Don't you get the ingredients only from treasure chests? Maybe there'll be shops selling them too, I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ingredients being in treasure chests is nice, but does seem a little strange to me because they're going to be ingredients that you need to constantly replenish. They've also said that the ingredients can be found by looting guards too, so it should be like Brotherhood in that regard, but this time unique items you find are useful. They also said in some interviews that people may give you unique items when you help them in random missions. And of course you'll probably get ingredients when you complete some missions, and when you do Assassin recruit missions as well, like Brotherhood.

As long as they don't repeat the shrunken head debacle it should be good. That didn't affect me, but I still can't believe they only put 2 of those things in the game and gave you no chance to find any more. When the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC came out, there were a lot of nice shop quest items you could find in treasure chests (like the Lucrezia level) and by looting the Hermeticists. It seemed like they were trying to make it easier to find those items with that DLC. And yet, there was still no shrunken head to be found there either, even after they surely knew how frustrated that had made some people.

kriegerdesgottes
08-19-2011, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking that exact thing while watching the demo. I would never use those for the same reason I almost never used the assassin's guild. I want to kill them!. I don't want someone else to do it. I don't want to make 3 or 4 people go down in an instant. I enjoy the combat and taking down 4 or more guys. The bombs just seem gimmicky to me and much like with the assassin's guild, I'm really not very excited about them.

Another thing I noticed about the demo is that even when he does use them, it's never actually necessary at all. Like when he put the bomb down next to the body and the guards come up and blow up. Why? I was thinking to myself, why don't you just walk around the cart and double assassinate them and not have a large explosion bring other guards running? also with the other guards he distracts with the bomb that bounces. I realize he was injured but I couldn't help think, why don't you just climb the side of the building and air assassinate both of them.

My point is I think the bombs are going to end up being yet another gadget in the AC franchise that no one really uses very often. I like the idea of gathering stuff and making stuff with ingredients. I think that's cool but I have a feeling it's just not going to get used very often.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 02:02 PM
The reason he couldn't climb was just that: he was injured. Hopefully the later levels have really complicated and difficult groups of enemy setups that actually require use of all your abilities.

naran6142
08-19-2011, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking that exact thing while watching the demo. I would never use those for the same reason I almost never used the assassin's guild. I want to kill them!. I don't want someone else to do it. I don't want to make 3 or 4 people go down in an instant. I enjoy the combat and taking down 4 or more guys. The bombs just seem gimmicky to me and much like with the assassin's guild, I'm really not very excited about them.

Another thing I noticed about the demo is that even when he does use them, it's never actually necessary at all. Like when he put the bomb down next to the body and the guards come up and blow up. Why? I was thinking to myself, why don't you just walk around the cart and double assassinate them and not have a large explosion bring other guards running? also with the other guards he distracts with the bomb that bounces. I realize he was injured but I couldn't help think, why don't you just climb the side of the building and air assassinate both of them.

My point is I think the bombs are going to end up being yet another gadget in the AC franchise that no one really uses very often. I like the idea of gathering stuff and making stuff with ingredients. I think that's cool but I have a feeling it's just not going to get used very often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah the part where he sets the trip wire bomb, very close by there were three more guards so i think that whenever you use the lethal bombs other guards in the area should come to investigate. of course that might have happened and they just didn't show it.

i think the bomb are pretty cool, before i didnt like the idea much. but i think they are being done in a good way and im looking forward to actually trying the system out.

twenty_glyphs
08-19-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I was thinking that exact thing while watching the demo. I would never use those for the same reason I almost never used the assassin's guild. I want to kill them!. I don't want someone else to do it. I don't want to make 3 or 4 people go down in an instant. I enjoy the combat and taking down 4 or more guys. The bombs just seem gimmicky to me and much like with the assassin's guild, I'm really not very excited about them.

Another thing I noticed about the demo is that even when he does use them, it's never actually necessary at all. Like when he put the bomb down next to the body and the guards come up and blow up. Why? I was thinking to myself, why don't you just walk around the cart and double assassinate them and not have a large explosion bring other guards running? also with the other guards he distracts with the bomb that bounces. I realize he was injured but I couldn't help think, why don't you just climb the side of the building and air assassinate both of them.

My point is I think the bombs are going to end up being yet another gadget in the AC franchise that no one really uses very often. I like the idea of gathering stuff and making stuff with ingredients. I think that's cool but I have a feeling it's just not going to get used very often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost every weapon that Ezio has is not necessary for the game though. You could do almost everything with just the hidden blade if you want. Or just the hidden blade for silent kills, the sword for combat and the crossbow for stealthy ranged kills. Ever since AC2, they seem to be about adding lots and lots of tools to the game so you can experiment and use stuff how you want to. They encourage you to try out some stuff in certain missions, and if the 100% Synch feature is back they'll surely have some requirements involving bombs.

You may want to kill the guards with your own hands, but I prefer to sneak past them to avoid combat or stealth kill those guards. And if there were 2 groups of 3 guards running up to me, I like the option to blow them all up so I can avoid combat, which I don't care for. The bombs add a level of strategy and planning, and another tool to play with and add variety. I imagine a lot of people will avoid them, but a lot of people will probably enjoy the situations that can arise when you use them.

kriegerdesgottes
08-19-2011, 02:28 PM
That's true they do at least add a little variety and like I said before I do like the concept of building your own weapons the way you want to.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I agree that lethal bombs should alert guards with their noise, but it's good to note that the guards that were near the aforementioned example were actually a bit away, and separated by a stone wall, which would probably be enough toa bsorb the sound, since it wasn't very loud unless you were as close as Ezio.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2011, 01:35 AM
I quite like how they've gone about this bomb crafting thing.
Though I have no idea where he's keeping all these bombs.

Mikatsuki95
08-20-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm all for the bombs. I mean Ezio dropped six guards in like five seconds with those things. And the larger quantity to hold, a major plus. Much better than holding three smoke bombs

Turkiye96
08-20-2011, 05:57 AM
while i agree lethal bombs will be much less useless than the other types ( as Ezio already has a bunch of lethal weapons on him) it will be very helpful at times like when they make blockades and you are chasing somebody all you have to do is throw a bomb in their face and continue, making you much more efficient. And also when you are fighting a huge amount of people a bomb to fewer their numbers and make them route so you can take care you the stronger soldiers wouldn't be bad.

also a key point to think about it that seeing as they have focused a lot on this aspect i asume they will find ways in the game and missions for the bombs to be a useful tool rather than something to show off with.

twenty_glyphs
09-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I found a new interview from PAX where Alex Amancio gives a few more details on bombs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVwX_I21rc

He says that the fourth type of bomb shell is a sticky shell. He gave an example of creating a stink bomb that you could stick to a guard's back and then the crowd would all back away from him as he walked through. This sounds kind of interesting, so I wonder what other types of effects there will be with this shell. He confirmed that the "Test Bomb" button in the bomb crafting interface will load an Animus environment with guards and crowds where you'll have unlimited bombs of the type you created to experiment with. He also confirmed that the dual weapon wheels will at least use the left thumb stick to choose from the left side. I assume you'll use the right thumb stick to choose from the right wheel.

ChaosxNetwork
09-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Amazing thread. Thanks a lot please find MOAR info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

naran6142
09-03-2011, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I found a new interview from PAX where Alex Amancio gives a few more details on bombs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVwX_I21rc

He says that the fourth type of bomb shell is a sticky shell. He gave an example of creating a stink bomb that you could stick to a guard's back and then the crowd would all back away from him as he walked through. This sounds kind of interesting, so I wonder what other types of effects there will be with this shell. He confirmed that the "Test Bomb" button in the bomb crafting interface will load an Animus environment with guards and crowds where you'll have unlimited bombs of the type you created to experiment with. He also confirmed that the dual weapon wheels will at least use the left thumb stick to choose from the left side. I assume you'll use the right thumb stick to choose from the right wheel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really like that we can use multiple weapons in combat now without switching

now ezio has semtexs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

might be cool to stick your target with something so you dont lose track of him

Samuel032593
09-03-2011, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Lol, I guess I can agree with that. Though I think I would still use the lethal bombs, just not all the time. I don't really like using weapons that need replenishing too often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me neither, I almost always will fight without using ammo, I hate not having it filled lol I think it's like an OCD obsession lol

Samuel032593
09-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Nice thread by the way and nice deductions as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ChaosxNetwork
09-03-2011, 10:20 AM
The bomb carry amount is definitely upgradable (That is a word stupid American English Forum) as the Animus and Signature Editions come with Bomb upgrades. So we will either start at 5 bombs and increase the carry amount to more, or start at 1/2 and increase to 5/higher.
I am not sure as you can have 5 in the game demo which is early in the story or they did that to just show that you can carry a lot.

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
I want the NPC's to react a little differently to each bomb, or else most of them will just seem pointless. 300 different bombs has me wondering how many will just be upgrades of weaker versions.

Not that I'm complaining; this sounds really interesting, and will add variety not only to combat and stealth, but also to what you hunt and search for. I just want them to start to try to incrementally improve the AI for AC3...

Saqaliba
09-03-2011, 06:38 PM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3052/weaponwheel.jpg

Here is a screen-cap of the weapon wheel as it appeared @ the PAX demo. It seems like the same button will be used to bring up the wheel, but now there will be two wheels controlled independantly by the right and left analog stick. I am wondering how the short-cut buttons are assigned to primary AND secondary spots. I which they would upgrade the short-cut system to diagnals like in Arkham Asylum and Fallout, then we could have 8 weapons on immediate command without even calling up the wheel!

I am guessing the system will be aranged in such a manner:

Primary wheel = close-combat weapons

1.poison
2.hidden-blade (later double-blades)
3.sword/heavy weapon?
4.dagger
5.fists
6.hookblade
7.smoke-bombs?
8.medicine

Secondary wheel = projectiles

1.gun
2.money
3.bomb#1
4.bomb#2
5.bomb#3
6.crossbow
7.poison darts
8.throwing-knives

Maybe it will be a bit different. I'm wondering if they are getting rid of the standard smoke-bombs to incorporate them into the new bomb system. In which case I really hope one of the features is making different colored smoke clouds and poisonous smoke... I can see an 'agent orange' trophy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Another feature I can imagine is that specific weapons have a charge function. So if we have a button assigned to primary and secondary (two buttons, one on each) then I wonder if they are keeping the charge of sword = gun, charge of dagger = throwing knives.. if not, maybe just having the throwing knives chosen in the secondary weapon slot has either a quick throw (single dagger) and a charged throw (multiple daggers). I could see this being implemented great for the bomb systems.

*Singe tap = immediate bomb drop or if a target is selected a directed throw. Like dropping a smoke bomb, fire-grenade, sticky or a caltrop, or simple hurling it at the selected target... in the case of the sticky, this would probably be required from behind the target as not to alert, or maybe a charged button to plant it on him up-close (like when poisoning).
*Charged could be used for planting a trip-wire or an arched throw. Like you hold the button down and the arc appears allowing you to chose a specific spot to hurl the bomb.. let go of the button and Ezio hurls it. Or a duration of time that plants the trip-wire.

I might also point out that these bombs were actually used in this period. So it is historically accurate.

http://www.hixenbaugh.net/images/gallery/lrg/4621a-l.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Liquid_fire_granades_Chania.jpg/709px-Liquid_fire_granades_Chania.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wgmuAZYk-ww/TTiPz0dLC2I/AAAAAAAAA9E/dgh-N6ILxQ8/s1600/DSC02349.JPG

Animuses
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
The short-cut system doesn't work well with consoles, so no, they won't have that for any AC game.

naran6142
09-03-2011, 08:51 PM
i thought bomb were controlled by the triangle button now and secondary on circle?

the re-mapped controls is something im looking forward to, since in the previous games the controls had too much stuff on one button

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 09:04 PM
The wheel had too many ranged weapons bunched together; it was a chore to choose the poison darts, or even the throwing knives, if you were in a hurry. Switching weapons should be seamless and intuitive, not clunky and troublesome.

twenty_glyphs
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM
It seems almost inevitable that the smoke bomb will be one of the bombs you craft and not a standalone weapon anymore. I would imagine that it will go in the tactical pouch like the caltrop bomb. A UK magazine article in June mentioned that you could find poisonous mushrooms in the underground cisterns of Constantinople and use them to make poison bombs.

As for the control scheme, the Game Informer article talked about it:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A slightly modified control scheme takes these two major new elements and integrates them into the combat paradigm. The hookblade replaces the empty hand button on the right side of the face buttons (B or circle). Meanwhile, projectile weapons and bombs are mapped to the upper face button (Y or triangle). As a result, secondary weapons are now at the player's control. You can swing your sword in a wide arc to drop one enemy, tap a button to fling a bomb to the ground or fire your gun, and then finish by using the hookblade to grab your next victim. You're in greater control of the action.

Meanwhile, the eagle vision that was once on that upper face button has evolved into a more potent eagle sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They say that eagle vision used to be on the Y/triangle button, but not where it is now. Maybe it's on one of the thumbstick buttons? I don't know how I feel about it moving off of the Y button yet, but it sounds like the face button mapping will work better for combat and give you more flexibility.

It does seem like at least some of the shells will have "charge" options. It seems like the tripwire bomb will require you to hold down its button to set it, like when looting. The impact shell I'm not so sure about. In the E3 demo and the gamescom demo, it looks like you can throw it straight down to break immediately for things like the smoke bomb and caltrop bomb. But then we see the aiming mechanism in the E3 demo for the impact shell and the gamescom demo with the fuse shell, so that may happen if you hold down the button. You can apparently also throw at least the impact shell at guards you have locked on to.

ChaosxNetwork
09-04-2011, 06:49 AM
I like the more spacious design on the two wheels it makes it more seemless to get the one you want though taking a good bit of time to get use to using two analogs. Unsure as of now how the short cut system will work. I think that you will be able to assign directions from both wheels to it. So I could use the left analog to pick hidden blade for left then use the right analog to pick distracting bombs on the down.

The only thing that worries me is the new control system. I know there is more stuff but taking Eagle Sense from Y/Triangle is wierd I guess it is no longer just a function of the eye but other senses as well but where can it go?

I am not complaining about the new control scheme as I have not played it but I will be "keeping an eye on it"

naran6142
09-04-2011, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
I like the more spacious design on the two wheels it makes it more seemless to get the one you want though taking a good bit of time to get use to using two analogs. Unsure as of now how the short cut system will work. I think that you will be able to assign directions from both wheels to it. So I could use the left analog to pick hidden blade for left then use the right analog to pick distracting bombs on the down.

The only thing that worries me is the new control system. I know there is more stuff but taking Eagle Sense from Y/Triangle is wierd I guess it is no longer just a function of the eye but other senses as well but where can it go?

I am not complaining about the new control scheme as I have not played it but I will be "keeping an eye on it" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe it went on the first person camera button, cuz who uses that anyways

fanofthecreed
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey I noticed in the OP update it metioned sticky bombs, are those in some interview? If so can someone give me a link?

Ulicies
09-05-2011, 12:41 AM
The eagle sense could go anywhere, really. I wouldn't mind a quick analog stick click to switch to eagle sense. It felt too cumbersome for me to take your thumb off of the camera to hold the Y button for a second or two to activate Eagle Vision in Brotherhood. I didn't really use it all that much because of that.

ChaosxNetwork
09-11-2011, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:
The eagle sense could go anywhere, really. I wouldn't mind a quick analog stick click to switch to eagle sense. It felt too cumbersome for me to take your thumb off of the camera to hold the Y button for a second or two to activate Eagle Vision in Brotherhood. I didn't really use it all that much because of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well when I am about to use the Eagle Vision I am normally on a bench or on a corner of a building waiting. So my fingers are already away from the rest of the controller.