PDA

View Full Version : OK this is killing me

rfxcasey
06-08-2010, 05:32 PM
You have no idea how many times I have forgotten to start recording a mission only to have it turn out awesome and then realize I didn't get it on tape. Is there some way to automate the recorder. I see at the end of missions a save track button but it is never selectable. ARRRRRGH! Makes me mad! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

rfxcasey
06-08-2010, 05:32 PM
You have no idea how many times I have forgotten to start recording a mission only to have it turn out awesome and then realize I didn't get it on tape. Is there some way to automate the recorder. I see at the end of missions a save track button but it is never selectable. ARRRRRGH! Makes me mad! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

TheGrunch
06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Just bind something to quick record track (I think it's bound to 'Q' already) and press it at the start of every mission. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It'll use up a lot of disk space if you don't delete the ones you don't want, though.

rfxcasey
06-08-2010, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheGrunch:
Just bind something to quick record track (I think it's bound to 'Q' already) and press it at the start of every mission. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It'll use up a lot of disk space if you don't delete the ones you don't want, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disk space isn't the problem nor is binding it to a key. It's my lame self that keeps either forgetting to hit the button OR didn't realize that doing a time skip with autopilot on seems to kill the recorder....DOH!!!!!!!

I had just taken out 2 Zekes while carrying 2 100lbs bombs and 6 rockets which were then promptly delivered via airmail to several bettys at an enemy airbase. Oh and did I mention a Chi-ha alt unit was destroyed somewhere as well though I don't think I had anything to do with that one. Did I mention how I so love carrier landing. Seriously.

jensenpark
06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rfxcasey:
You have no idea how many times I have forgotten to start recording a mission only to have it turn out awesome and then realize I didn't get it on tape. Is there some way to automate the recorder. I see at the end of missions a save track button but it is never selectable. ARRRRRGH! Makes me mad! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know...it's like coming up with a witty comeback five minutes late.

Waldo.Pepper
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jensenpark:
I know...it's like coming up with a witty comeback five minutes late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And by then the cop who pulled me over is miles away! Grr!

Sillius_Sodus
06-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Put a sticky on your monitor that says:

RECORD MISSION!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Waldo.Pepper
06-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Why not write a macro for your joystick that does a dual function. Record track and combine it with somthing that you do during a mission only once and at the beginning. I was thinking like start engine + record track at the same time. But that does not work as you may need to RE start an engine during the flight. But you get the idea. There must be something that you can bind it to.

rfxcasey
06-09-2010, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Why not write a macro for your joystick that does a dual function. Record track and combine it with somthing that you do during a mission only once and at the beginning. I was thinking like start engine + record track at the same time. But that does not work as you may need to RE start an engine during the flight. But you get the idea. There must be something that you can bind it to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idear, but I'm thinking more like unchock wheels as you never know you may have to restart you engine at some point especially when you play with the magnetos like I do.

Which bring up another point. Never see much "conversating" (I can't stand when people say that) about magnetos so I started playing with mine till I went blind.....But seriously, I noticed that in level flight after running up my temp with 110% throttle for a while I can switch to only 1 magneto at 100% throttle and my temp will come down without loosing speed while cruising at about 230 mph. A word of warning though if you stall your engine or accidentally shut it off (don't axe (haha another one I hate) ok axe, if you throttle up too fast with one mag on you can stall your engine then you might have a problem getting it started again, you have to switch back to 2 mags, drop your throttle to zero then raise the rpms slowly once the engine starts. Basically if you try to start the engine while in flight at 90% throttle or so I find it was konking out again. So I made sure I was using both mags and tried again only to have it stall again. So I was like "What the" meanwhile loosing altitude and can't get my freakin engine to start till I realized I had to turn the throttle down to zero or close to it. But throttling up too hard would also cause it to cut off. So anyways that one took me a second to figure out. Sorry to be long winded. Anyone else have any magneto related thoughts?

DKoor
06-09-2010, 05:10 AM
First time you use Time Skip function your record goes out of window.

If you are gonna save your mission BE SURE not to use Time Skip and also use Online Recording (.NTRK format) so it gets properly recorded every time.

I can't count times, offline, when I saved my mission old fashioned way in .TRK and it got screwed. I haven't even used Time Acceleration/Deceleration, it is simply too buggy system... for instance a lot of objects may screw up recording.
In QMB for instance on Pacific Islands map my .TRK recording NEVER gets right regardless of anything... can't record more than 30sec then everything is de-synced.
.NTRK works great anytime, anywhere, it only stops if you use Time Skip (you can use Time Skip only offline). So better use Time Acceleration (8x).

thefruitbat
06-09-2010, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
First time you use Time Skip function your record goes out of window.

If you are gonna save your mission BE SURE not to use Time Skip and also use Online Recording (.NTRK format) so it gets properly recorded every time.

I can't count times, offline, when I saved my mission old fashioned way in .TRK and it got screwed. I haven't even used Time Acceleration/Deceleration, it is simply too buggy system... for instance a lot of objects may screw up recording.
In QMB for instance on Pacific Islands map my .TRK recording NEVER gets right regardless of anything... can't record more than 30sec then everything is de-synced.
.NTRK works great anytime, anywhere, it only stops if you use Time Skip (you can use Time Skip only offline). So better use Time Acceleration (8x). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this man speaks the truth!

TRK's are buggy as hell, never had a problem with NTRK's, offline or online...

RAF_OldBuzzard
06-09-2010, 07:52 AM
You could try editing a file named rcu that you can find in the main 1946 folder.

If you open it in NOTEPAD, you will see:
@set fast off
@set echo on
@set alias on
@set history 20

@alias a alias
@a h history
@a s show

I edited mine with this line so that I get the FPS display without having to type it in all the time:
@fps START SHOW

You could add the line @Q to see if it will automatically start recording when you start the game.