PDA

View Full Version : Who is afraid of the big, bad Wulf?

Jumoschwanz
12-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Judging from the number of pages made out of that topic about fifty cals taking it's wing off, plenty are afraid of it.

If you cannot knock the wing off of a FW190 in this sim with fifty cals and no mods, then you simply don't know what you are doing.

You are either a bad shot, bad pilot and tactician, or you don't have your convergence set etc.

I fly 190s a LOT in this sim, and I have had my wing knocked off plenty over the last several years.

Whenever morons have problems, they try to solve them by any means other than hard work or communion with reality.

I used this thread title on another forum a long time ago, and I included screenshots of a Dora9 shooting the wing off of a Tempest.

The Tempest pilot, who was a member of the squad that hosted the very popular server, upon being shot down, typed in the chat bar that "D9 is a bastard's plane". Then, also in the chat bar he let his attacker know that "attacking ground-pounders is really courageous", with another red pilot chiming in with "it is a blue tactic"!(?)

It was shortly after this, that the Dora9 was taken off of the planeset for blue, and fw190s were limited severely on all of the servers maps in one way or another.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2488/dora9.jpg

In IL2, the 190s wings don't come off any harder than any other aircraft in the sim, especially for those who know what they are doing with their aircraft and guns....

Jumoschwanz
12-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Judging from the number of pages made out of that topic about fifty cals taking it's wing off, plenty are afraid of it.

If you cannot knock the wing off of a FW190 in this sim with fifty cals and no mods, then you simply don't know what you are doing.

You are either a bad shot, bad pilot and tactician, or you don't have your convergence set etc.

I fly 190s a LOT in this sim, and I have had my wing knocked off plenty over the last several years.

Whenever morons have problems, they try to solve them by any means other than hard work or communion with reality.

I used this thread title on another forum a long time ago, and I included screenshots of a Dora9 shooting the wing off of a Tempest.

The Tempest pilot, who was a member of the squad that hosted the very popular server, upon being shot down, typed in the chat bar that "D9 is a bastard's plane". Then, also in the chat bar he let his attacker know that "attacking ground-pounders is really courageous", with another red pilot chiming in with "it is a blue tactic"!(?)

It was shortly after this, that the Dora9 was taken off of the planeset for blue, and fw190s were limited severely on all of the servers maps in one way or another.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2488/dora9.jpg

In IL2, the 190s wings don't come off any harder than any other aircraft in the sim, especially for those who know what they are doing with their aircraft and guns....

Choctaw111
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
What is so secret about your Il2 screen name?

Daiichidoku
12-05-2009, 02:28 PM
redundant

please contribute to the "50 cals punches the wings off 190s easily" thread, were we are all waiting for the answer to come forth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Daiichidoku
12-05-2009, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
What is so secret about your Il2 screen name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's protecting the names of the "innocent"

Jumo has a love affair with spits n 109s server

of course, he wont menton how the Dora is overmodeled top speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

na85
12-05-2009, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

he's protecting the names of the "innocent"

Jumo has a love affair with spits n 109s server

of course, he wont menton how the Dora is overmodeled top speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you can fly the Dora 44 at faster than the speed of sound... but you can do it in a couple of allied birds too. I think it's more of a case of the atmospheric model being outdated and the lack of mach effects being modeled.

jamesblonde1979
12-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm not phased by them at all as it's rare to see anybody who can really fly it properly. Even a 190 in competent hands is still pretty limited as to what it can do. So long as you don't get bounced their attacks are easy to evade and once the 190 driver gets impatient you have him, the smart guys usually push off and look for an easier target.

The only 190 that worries me is the Dora, that is one mean machine.

Choctaw111
12-05-2009, 05:38 PM
OK, I see. The scribble out name isn't his, but that of his victim.
Got it.

X32Wright
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I am not scared of the Dora at all. The K-4 C3 actually concerns me more, as well as the G-10 and even more so with the J2M5 above 5K meters. The Jugs I feel I can handle those easier.

I do however respect .50 cals a lot and any plane that has .50 cals I respect (includiing the P-40 and P-39s) because I know how deadly the .50 cals is with the DB605 engine as well as the BW801 engine IN THE GAME. How do I know this? Because I also fly the Mustang http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif AND I also fly the German planes specifically the 109 and the Anton/Dora.

I do agree that anybody who needs mods to make the 50 cals more efective OR needs mods because they felt that the mustang is PORKED due to the CoG/center fuel issue is somebody who hasnt really spent some time doing intricate CEM in the Mustang.

I personally had to learn how to fly the Mustang from somebody who actually flew one in real life (Thanks! Miss Strega!). For me the Mustangs are fine as it is modeled by Oleg and this goes for the 50 cals as well. I can easily take off wings with it IF I do sustained deflection shot with 280 meters convergence. This is equivalent to the 300 yards recommended by USAAF.

Rjel
12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I had such big virtual Ballz.

Buzzsaw-
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Salute

If I have to fly a German aircraft, I'll take a 190 in preference to a 109 most times.

The 190A's are quite dominant against the Spit V's, and the Doras do very well versus everything.

BillSwagger
12-05-2009, 11:31 PM
i sense a bit of resentment.

I can say after having flown the 190 its actually very easy to get kills, so long as its an open pit server. The closed pit servers offer a bit more of a challenge for obvious reasons.
I was also surprised at how much battle damage it can take and still be a good fighter in the sense that it rolls and turns with ease even after getting hit pretty good with some cannons.
Its also one of the more challenging planes to fly against. I've used F4U-1c cannons only to see explosions up and down the fuselage, and the thing keeps flying. It looks funny to get a good squirt of 20mm into the wing and see it continue on, although its been explained to me that the damage is there, but not visually apparent because of the way it was modeled. The spitfire is also like that in some sense, and what i have a problem with is not so much the way that it flys, but that the fact the DM seems a bit tough for such a small plane.
A tip i can pass on is that you need to hit it in the engine or cockpit area. Hitting the wings or tail leads to a longer drawn out fight, which you can still get the kill, but you aren't sawing off a wing as quickly as you could get the pilot or the engine.

Another odd observation, and maybe this is because its something i saw in the questionable online community, but using the D0-335, which fires 30mm, i was chasing and shooting a ta-152. I fired into it a few times, and after I logged 19 shells (8% hit accuracy) it finally went down. Not so odd, but considering later I was flying around to intercept a B-25, that i hit from low six. It took 17 shells to down it. Its not something i spent a lot time testing, and really just an example of the il2 oddities that can occur. It just seems its always the same planes these oddities occur with.

The 190 is also the only plane i've hit square with a burst of Mk108 in a head on with a Me-262, and had it fly away, although heavily damaged. These aren't everyday occurrences, but they also aren't one time occurrences, which tells me there is something in the numbers that allows the plane to be tougher than i think it should be.

Just my opinion, so don't take offense and its not a knock to anyone's ability to play a video game.

Bill

FlixFlix
12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
LoL
So I am not the only one who was insulted by that guy.
People with a short temper should stay away from computers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-06-2009, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
redundant

please contribute to the "50 cals punches the wings off 190s easily" thread, were we are all waiting for the answer to come forth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. That is all...