PDA

View Full Version : Damage through debris?

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 10:21 AM
I have had several fights were the plane that I shot down was just about 30 or even less meters before mine. When hitting with a 30mm or 20mm cannon from a Me109, many planes explode into pieces.

It never happened that I have been hit by any of the debris flying around which is almost impossible from my point of view. One can have luck but not always.

Is being hit and then getting damaged by debris of other planes modelled at all?

WildeSau

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 10:21 AM
I have had several fights were the plane that I shot down was just about 30 or even less meters before mine. When hitting with a 30mm or 20mm cannon from a Me109, many planes explode into pieces.

It never happened that I have been hit by any of the debris flying around which is almost impossible from my point of view. One can have luck but not always.

Is being hit and then getting damaged by debris of other planes modelled at all?

WildeSau

Zeus-cat
12-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Yes! I have been on the receiving end of this kind of damage.

If you are talking about the little black "pieces" that come off the plane you are shooting they do not cause damage as far as I know. If you are talking a major part of the plane that is blown off such as the engine, landing gear, elevator, aileron, pilot; I can assure you they will damage or destroy your aircraft if you hit one!

Zeus-cat

Saburo_0
12-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Yep i even had a Zero blown in 2 not by debris but just by the blast of an exploding Corsair.(from about 70 meters) Which is a bit much I'd say but alls fair in love & war I guess

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 10:46 AM
no, I don't mean the little black pieces but whole parts of the plane like you mentioned. And they never seem to damage my plane - also when beeing so near that you could spit on the enemy plane when it explodes.

Perhaps I really had so much luck but almost cannot believe it since it occured that many times and I always got away undamaged.

But good to know that it's modelled.

Tater-SW-
12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes. I've hit stuff before and taken damage.

tater

Bearcat99
12-15-2004, 10:53 AM
That is not uncommon. If you get too close you can and often will ettaken out by your own blast. Ill never forget the time online when i shot myself down.

stelr
12-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Yep. Just the other night I had a zeke blow up right in my face. Put a 3 ft hole in the leading edge of my port wing (F4F) and cut my aileron controls. Had to leave the fight and head back to the CV. Eventually had to bail since I couldn't hold it steady enough at stall speed for a trap.

VW-IceFire
12-15-2004, 08:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:

WildeSau <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes...I've once lost a wing and several times seen wings be torn off the attacking plane for it.

I've also noticed in PF, more than before, that an exploding plane or a plane that crashes nearby does alot more damage than before.

Its modeled alright...you could have been lucky alot or just not quite close enough.

actionhank1786
12-15-2004, 11:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stelr:
Yep. Just the other night I had a zeke blow up right in my face. Put a 3 ft hole in the leading edge of my port wing (F4F) and cut my aileron controls. Had to leave the fight and head back to the CV. Eventually had to bail since I couldn't hold it steady enough at stall speed for a trap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that you sitting in a MiG-21?

Saburo_0
12-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Engine damage seems the most common but I lost an aileron a time or two, so I'd say there are several different ways to shoot yourself down.
Keep trying! You'll get it right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Flydutch
12-16-2004, 05:39 AM
It would be even better if you A/C would rock when near to a exploding A/C or Flak shell.

And what about propelor wash!?

HotelBushranger
12-16-2004, 07:54 AM
mmmm yes i think that idea needs attention. FLAK. you HAVE to bump near flak, its just.....how its done, its adds tonnes of awesome realism and fun to it. PUT IT IN! and debris of course.

SeaFireLIV
12-16-2004, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:

WildeSau <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure is. Was hit by debris from a 109 I shot up. There was a big judder my I16 engine failed and caught fire! I was left floating to earth!

Perhaps it depends on your settings?

stelr
12-16-2004, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stelr:
Yep. Just the other night I had a zeke blow up right in my face. Put a 3 ft hole in the leading edge of my port wing (F4F) and cut my aileron controls. Had to leave the fight and head back to the CV. Eventually had to bail since I couldn't hold it steady enough at stall speed for a trap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that you sitting in a MiG-21? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Only, I must admit...it was shot up before I got in. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif