PDA

View Full Version : landing gear? Something wrong here... or??

d451dart
12-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Trying to learn PF, take-off and such...can't seem to get the stupid landing gear to go down or up for that matter! I'm using Tully's X45 profile...flaps work great and other things but for some reason I can't get the landing gear to do up when I take off. Funny, after take-off, if I put on auto pilot, the landing gear will go up! Tully's Hat1, Mode 1 left won't function and neither will the G key...any suggestions? Thank you. Also wondering about the Red arrows that show up on Allied planes...aren't the arrows supposed to be blue for your side and red for the enemy? Sorry for all the questions...I'm pretty new to this!

BSR_Dude
12-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Are you flying a plane where you have to manually raise and lower the gear? Assign keys to manual and then see if that fixes your problem.

PF_Coastie
12-12-2004, 02:42 PM
To add, When raising and lowering manually, you must push the button assigned multiple times until gear is up/down. You can watch the handwheel turn in the cockpit while doing this.

The wildcat is one of many planes you must use manual controls.

The manual controls also come in handy when flying planes with auto gear. Sometimes you get hit and it will damage the gear so that the auto key won't work. Many times you can lower it manuallly when this happens. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Gawwad
12-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Allies are red and axis blue.

d451dart
12-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Guess I've been out of the swing too long! I'll try that on the manual gear controls and no wonder I keep getting yelled at when I shoot at the red guys!? LOL Thanks guys!

Vengeanze
12-12-2004, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d451dart:
Guess I've been out of the swing too long! I'll try that on the manual gear controls and no wonder I keep getting yelled at when I shoot at the red guys!? LOL Thanks guys! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't go from one game of Battlefield Vietnam playing US to fly PF.
FF-warning. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BlakJakOfSpades
12-12-2004, 11:37 PM
its important to note that if you're flying axis then red is the enemy and if you're flying allied the enemy is blue