PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of the Assassins Emblem/Logo?

SENS0_7
05-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know what the Assassins logo means and stands for? Im talking about the logo that is all over the flags in the masayaf castle.Any ideas on what the emblem means, or if it even means anything?

SENS0_7
05-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know what the Assassins logo means and stands for? Im talking about the logo that is all over the flags in the masayaf castle.Any ideas on what the emblem means, or if it even means anything?

Tela
05-08-2009, 05:48 PM
We're not sure if it means anything, though people have theories that it's related to the Freemason's symbol, or a staple remover. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jakobi123
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
staple remover FTW!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Black_Widow9
05-09-2009, 01:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
We're not sure if it means anything, though people have theories that it's related to the Freemason's symbol, or a staple remover. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either way works for me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif lol

TimEKillerHDCAN
02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Staple Remover, staples of life=bread and wine, stealing to stay alive. Basic tenants of how thieves mafia justify they're actions, rats stealing cheese=staple remover

Moultonborough
02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
We're not sure if it means anything, though people have theories that it's related to the Freemason's symbol, or a staple remover. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You just made my week. Thank You so much for that. staple remover:p Anyway, that's one thing they forgot to address in the encyclopedia. Be a nice question to ask though.

JumpInTheFire13
02-25-2012, 11:58 PM
You just made my week. Thank You so much for that. staple remover:p Anyway, that's one thing they forgot to address in the encyclopedia. Be a nice question to ask though. In the Enclopedia they show the emblems of all the different branches of Assassin's, so the staple remover could be the emblem of the modern day Assassins! Hahah

rob.davies2014
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
I remember hearing somewhere that the triangular shape is supposed to be an 'A' and the curve below it is supposed to be a 'C'.
Assassin's Creed

Acrimonious_Nin
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
It can't mean freemasons because george washington was a mason and in AC universe he is a templar. It probably stands for all the things that the assassins believe in and fight for...like all symbols it holds ideological significance :D...... that's my take on it.

LightRey
02-26-2012, 02:09 AM
It can't mean freemasons because george washington was a mason and in AC universe he is a templar. It probably stands for all the things that the assassins believe in and fight for...like all symbols it holds ideological significance :D...... that's my take on it.

Good point. At the very least that pokes quite a big hole in that theory.

I find that the symbol reminds me of the anarchy symbol.

ShaneO7K
02-26-2012, 02:46 AM
The Assassins emblems shown in the Lost Archives trailer looked pretty good with the Abstergo logo in it.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Good point. At the very least that pokes quite a big hole in that theory.

I find that the symbol reminds me of the anarchy symbol.

Yup, and if anyone remembers ,towards the end of the clusters in brotherhood all it was talking about was anarchy along with the assassins symbol all over the place. So in a way the A encircled by the O and the assassins symbol, and the fact the masons are well funded and share similar goals than the assassins, just by having different means of obtaining it(control and power a.k.a a monopoly), it is safe to say that the masons are templars and any anarchistic or antagonistic organization dedicated to the people and not the elite are most likely assassin funded lol :D ...correct me if i am wrong

P.S did anyone catch the reference in brotherhood with shaun's password 'guy fawkes' and ezio blowing up the buildings like in V For Vendetta(which was about guy fawkes ). All of it, anarchistic ;)

btw its more realistic for the A in anarchy to be modern day assassins symbol than a ...umm...staple remover....all of you people make cute ideas come alive lol ;) i love you all

SixKeys
02-26-2012, 05:04 AM
P.S did anyone catch the reference in brotherhood with shaun's password 'guy fawkes' and ezio blowing up the buildings like in V For Vendetta(which was about guy fawkes ). All of it, anarchistic

I always felt the Guy Fawkes password was a reference to Shaun being part of Anonymous (at least before he joined the assassins), him being a hacker and all.

Moultonborough
02-26-2012, 08:41 AM
In the Enclopedia they show the emblems of all the different branches of Assassin's, so the staple remover could be the emblem of the modern day Assassins! Hahah

All Assassins use that symbol. A little different variations on the sides but still the same thing. Check out the Sanctuary.

LightRey
02-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Yup, and if anyone remembers ,towards the end of the clusters in brotherhood all it was talking about was anarchy along with the assassins symbol all over the place. So in a way the A encircled by the O and the assassins symbol, and the fact the masons are well funded and share similar goals than the assassins, just by having different means of obtaining it(control and power a.k.a a monopoly), it is safe to say that the masons are templars and any anarchistic or antagonistic organization dedicated to the people and not the elite are most likely assassin funded lol :D ...correct me if i am wrong

P.S did anyone catch the reference in brotherhood with shaun's password 'guy fawkes' and ezio blowing up the buildings like in V For Vendetta(which was about guy fawkes ). All of it, anarchistic ;)

btw its more realistic for the A in anarchy to be modern day assassins symbol than a ...umm...staple remover....all of you people make cute ideas come alive lol ;) i love you all

What? The freemasons don't have any political goals. That goes against the very basis of Freemasonry.

Anyways, The 'O' in the anarchy symbol stands for order. The symbol represents the order that anarchists think would (or could) arise from anarchy.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
What? The freemasons don't have any political goals. That goes against the very basis of Freemasonry.

Anyways, The 'O' in the anarchy symbol stands for order. The symbol represents the order that anarchists think would (or could) arise from anarchy.

sorry if the message sounded wrong, I thought it was clear, no what you said is what i meant.... >_>

q1908gate13
02-26-2012, 04:04 PM
"L'anarchie c'est l'ordre, sans le pouvoir" Pierre Joseph Proudhon.

The circled "A" also represents the unity among different anarchist currents, and it started to become common symbolism, next to the red & black flag of anarco-syndicalism, after the 1936 revolution defeat.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2012, 04:09 PM
i always thought it represented a hidden blade formed into a logo, if you do those 3 things away on the left,right and underneath it looks much like a hidden blade

GLHS
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I posted this in another thread a while ago when somebody mentioned the staple remover thing. I always think of this pic whenever somebody says that. I don't think they meant to make it look like that but it totally does lol.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o367/Gsmacklover/1565.jpg

JumpInTheFire13
02-26-2012, 07:38 PM
All Assassins use that symbol. A little different variations on the sides but still the same thing. Check out the Sanctuary. It was a joke..............................

The13Doctors
02-26-2012, 09:04 PM
How could anyone think it stands for the masons, it's been around much longer. The Masons could be assassins though. Game canon doesn't follow History/Novel Canon 100%

Yan-Killa1724
02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Altiar is the creator of Assassins and the 2 things on the sides are marks from hidden blades and the line of bottom is sword mark! I think?

Yan-Killa1724

The13Doctors
02-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Altiar is the creator of Assassins and the 2 things on the sides are marks from hidden blades and the line of bottom is sword mark! I think?

Yan-Killa1724

Not at all, the Assassins were around long before, since Adam time. Altair was one of the many leaders of the Order, but not the founder.

JumpInTheFire13
02-26-2012, 09:16 PM

Yan-Killa1724
"Altiar" is definitely not the creator of the Assassins. The Assassins have been in existence for thousands of years. Maybe check up on your AC history: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

PhonedZero
03-29-2012, 06:33 AM

Actually, one of the concordant bodies of Freemasonry is the York Rite. Part of the rite is symbolically becoming a member of the Knight's Templar.

pirate1802
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
It was a joke..............................

I heard that in EDI's voice. xD

Noble6
03-29-2012, 09:12 AM
I heard that in EDI's voice. xD
Haha. You weren't the only one:D.
Anyway I don't think there is a deeper meaning. I think it looks like blades and A like assassins creed and it's just 'cool'.

Knowledgeness
01-04-2016, 08:55 PM

This is quite interesting. Have you ever wondered the reason why theres eagle in every ac game? The logo is an eagles skull from behind. And this is the truth