PDA

View Full Version : New Playable Character

MrBlackOp412
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I think Ubisoft should make some new characters to play as. I would be nice if they released the harlquein character to the public who did not pre-order the game. If they did this could improve how many people will play the game. If the harlequin was released at a price between 5-10 dollars would be reasonable for most gamers and bring the Ubisoft company extra money thanks.

MrBlackOp412
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I think Ubisoft should make some new characters to play as. I would be nice if they released the harlquein character to the public who did not pre-order the game. If they did this could improve how many people will play the game. If the harlequin was released at a price between 5-10 dollars would be reasonable for most gamers and bring the Ubisoft company extra money thanks.

StarScream391
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
They will make new characters eventually and im pretty sure the officer and harlequin will be the first to be a DLC, and I would like to see new assassination moves, im getting tired of them.

El Zo1212o
01-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Used to be that when you got a bonus for preordering, it remained a bonus for preordering.

Now, I got both the officer and the harlequin for preordering the collector's ed at gamestop. The officer for the Coll Ed, the Harlequin for the preorder. If ther Officer became dlc, I suppose I wouldn't mind, but if the Harlequin did, I suppose I'd be upset.

I remember preordering Mercenaries 2 and getting a preorder exclusive costume for the three characters, and to this day it makes me smile when the people I play with comment on how they've never seen that costume before.

SimDuff
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
I didn't hear about the game's bonus characters on pre-release. I wasn't informing myself, but I'd still like to have all the characters that are made for the game.

But I won't ask for it though because I'm just jealous and if I would've pre-ordered it I would also be happy to have exclusive content. It's also because I already have all my favorite characters in the regular release.

CharDude
01-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I think they'll release the Officer and Harlequin eventually. I mean, people who pre-ordered got them for free and several months ahead of time while people who didn't now have to actually PAY for it. I don't see a problem.

Besides, I'd like to have my Officer....the Harlequin is lonely....

papartusedmcrsk
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CharDude2010:
Besides, I'd like to have my Officer....the Harlequin is lonely.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever since I seen JMF(numbers)'s vids with the Officer, I want him too. He looks fresh with that burgandy on.

Tragic_Jonson
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Don't want harlequin, much prefer killing him than playing as him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SilentBobBMFJ
01-20-2011, 03:00 AM
Is the Harlequin different from the Hellequin? If not, then why is everybody complaining? I didn't pre-order the game, and I have it. It's called playing single player and/or Project Legacy (can't remember). These people who jump right into the MP and don't think much of the SP, amaze me. This isn't COD or some game where the SP is meh, but even then, I always do SP first. At least beat the game and get most of the trophies, don't have to necessarily 100% it like I did with this game.

Speaking of 100%, this is the first game I've played where there are a few things you can complete in the game that don't add anything to your completion %, but I still did them.

DraconicDak
01-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I would like to eventually have the Officer, if only to fill in the gap in my persona roster.

MR-SMITH1994
01-20-2011, 08:11 AM
yh i think they will bioshock 2 got 2 characters only when you pre order but after few months they got released as DLC

obliviondoll
01-20-2011, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SilentBobBMFJ:
Is the Harlequin different from the Hellequin? If not, then why is everybody complaining? I didn't pre-order the game, and I have it. It's called playing single player and/or Project Legacy (can't remember). These people who jump right into the MP and don't think much of the SP, amaze me. This isn't COD or some game where the SP is meh, but even then, I always do SP first. At least beat the game and get most of the trophies, don't have to necessarily 100% it like I did with this game.

Speaking of 100%, this is the first game I've played where there are a few things you can complete in the game that don't add anything to your completion %, but I still did them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. Harlequin and Hellequin are NOT the same thing.

Harlequin is a male pre-ordr bonus character that was given with pre-orders from certain stores, and some collector's editions of the game. Hellequin is the UPlay unlockable female version of the Harlequin (she was announced later).

I have both, and the Officer, thanks to my purchase of the Limited Codex Edition.

I personally think that in the case of DLC add-ons like this, it's only fair that EVENTUALLY, everyone be given access to the character - this makes it a "Timed exclusive" instead of being truly exclusive to the particular pre-order etc.

I don't know for sure if/when this will happen, but I will be surprised if these characters aren't made available for purchase to everyone. I was expecting this to have happened already, honestly. For me, with both, I'm apparently in the minority in saying I have no issue with other people getting these extras now - I've had my run of "Hah! I have something you don't!" while playing. Getting it first was a nice reward for being in early with my pre-order and paying the extra for the fancy collector's edition - other people should have their fun too.

EQWashu
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CharDude2010:
I think they'll release the Officer and Harlequin eventually. I mean, people who pre-ordered got them for free and several months ahead of time while people who didn't now have to actually PAY for it. I don't see a problem.

Besides, I'd like to have my Officer....the Harlequin is lonely.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, ubisoft is missing out on a golden opportunity to make some money by making both the Officer (the one I missed) and Harlequin (the one I have), and even that armor you got for SP when you ordered the game through Amazon.

As for new original personas....I want a BOTANIST Templar assassin!