PDA

View Full Version : Altair sitting in his Library with object we see Ezio pick up? Have a look.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Well I was just re watching the "End of an Era trailer on Youtube, and I noticed something very interesting. At 1:24 in the video, we can see Altair sitting in what looks like a Library with no books in it, holding that disk shaped object we see Ezio pick up, and it's glowing. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdsmHBT0DPA) is the link to the video. Could this be Altair viewing a memory? Maybe recording one? Or is this the object in the Library that we will find as Ezio? I'm not sure but I just found it interesting. Ezio must be viewing an Altair memory though, so maybe Ezio finds a seal, and Altair views a memory through a seal when Ezio is watching. Anybody have a thought?

Again here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdsmHBT0DPA) is the link in case anybody missed it. 1:24 in the video.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Well I was just re watching the "End of an Era trailer on Youtube, and I noticed something very interesting. At 1:24 in the video, we can see Altair sitting in what looks like a Library with no books in it, holding that disk shaped object we see Ezio pick up, and it's glowing. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdsmHBT0DPA) is the link to the video. Could this be Altair viewing a memory? Maybe recording one? Or is this the object in the Library that we will find as Ezio? I'm not sure but I just found it interesting. Ezio must be viewing an Altair memory though, so maybe Ezio finds a seal, and Altair views a memory through a seal when Ezio is watching. Anybody have a thought?

Again here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdsmHBT0DPA) is the link in case anybody missed it. 1:24 in the video.

Altair661
10-15-2011, 09:07 AM
I always thought that was Ezio looking at the apple before he left Italy, but now that I look at the hood, it looks like Altair. But how can you tell it's the circular thingy, it looks like he's using the apple because of all the weird glyphs and shapes in the air.

Altair661
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
And how would Altair be able to see Ezio? There's like a 500 year difference. Unless the TWCB told him to do something...that part of your theory is confusing me.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 09:21 AM
If you watch it in HD and look closely (very closely) you can tell it's the same thing and he's holding it like you would a disk, not a sphere. That's dust btw not glyphs I think. It's definitely the disk thing. What's confusing? I'll try to clarify. I think that Altair sitting with this thing, is being viewed by Ezio through a seal. So Ezio is watching it all. But, Altair could be viewing somebody else's memory when Ezio is viewing Altair's memory. Sort of a memory in a memory. It sounds Inception-ish I know. If I knew how to do screen grabs I would. 1:24 in the video. You have to pause it to see it.

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
is this the image you're talking about?!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9072/640pxacrstory13.png

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9072/640pxacrstory13.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! Thank you soooo much!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Doesn't that look like the disk Ezio picks up? You can barely see the edge of it but it seems to have the same designs and general look of it. And he definitely appears to be in a Library, it's just empty. I wonder what it is.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-15-2011, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Pretty obvious he's playing PokÚmon on a Gameboy in that picture.

BK-110
10-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes, that is indeed Alta´r in his Mentor-outfit. And I am pretty sure that what he's holding is one of the seals.

joelsantos24
10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
He may be holding a seal, but it seems he's holding the apple as well, isn't he? It seems to be it, glowing...

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2011, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
He may be holding a seal, but it seems he's holding the apple as well, isn't he? It seems to be it, glowing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the seals also glow, if you watch that video where Ezio defeats Leandros and get his seal you'll see that the seal is glowing...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Pretty obvious he's playing PokÚmon on a Gameboy in that picture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1784/640pxacrstory13cpia.png

GallopRider
10-15-2011, 11:47 AM
If you look closely, you can see the object is flat. Looks like a Seal if you ask me.

Or like Norris said, it's a Pokemon game on the Nintendo GameBoy. Definitely the Pikachu Yellow Edition. *nostalgia face*

Agentbarto
10-15-2011, 11:55 AM
He's most likely encoding his memories in this particular seal.

Altair661
10-15-2011, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
If you watch it in HD and look closely (very closely) you can tell it's the same thing and he's holding it like you would a disk, not a sphere. That's dust btw not glyphs I think. It's definitely the disk thing. What's confusing? I'll try to clarify. I think that Altair sitting with this thing, is being viewed by Ezio through a seal. So Ezio is watching it all. But, Altair could be viewing somebody else's memory when Ezio is viewing Altair's memory. Sort of a memory in a memory. It sounds Inception-ish I know. If I knew how to do screen grabs I would. 1:24 in the video. You have to pause it to see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do sort of see it in that HD pic. And sorry for the confusion, the way your worded it before seemed like you were saying Altair was watching Ezio view the memory.

But I think is obvious is that Altair is either recording or viewing a memory, as you said. However that's only if he's holding the disk thing. But the look of the disc in the Gamescom demo they don't seem very similar... and I still think he's holding the apple. But I could alway be wrong.

EnterinPwnZone
10-15-2011, 11:59 AM
At 0:48 in the video you can see the renegade kicking people and then he gets killed by Ezio

Altair661
10-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Also the thing you said about the dust, I think some of it is, but you can see sort of a reflection on his hood of the light.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 01:34 PM
The thing I find most interesting is that there are no books whatsoever in the Library. Now we know that it's not something like "Knowledge" that's just in the Library. The Apple and other POE's can give you knowledge, but at least we know there's probably a physical object that Altair has hidden. It also just occurred to me, maybe Altair is viewing his own memories, for a trip down memory lane. He's probably just recording a memory though. Just thought it was interesting.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
The thing I find most interesting is that there are no books whatsoever in the Library. Now we know that it's not something like "Knowledge" that's just in the Library. The Apple and other POE's can give you knowledge, but at least we know there's probably a physical object that Altair has hidden. It also just occurred to me, maybe Altair is viewing his own memories, for a trip down memory lane. He's probably just recording a memory though. Just thought it was interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can't you see the shady grayish thing son the bookshelf? They're books, just not in focus.

Altair661
10-15-2011, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
The thing I find most interesting is that there are no books whatsoever in the Library. Now we know that it's not something like "Knowledge" that's just in the Library. The Apple and other POE's can give you knowledge, but at least we know there's probably a physical object that Altair has hidden. It also just occurred to me, maybe Altair is viewing his own memories, for a trip down memory lane. He's probably just recording a memory though. Just thought it was interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can't you see the shady grayish thing son the bookshelf? They're books, just not in focus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...I could see how you could look at it differently though as it being empty...but you can see they're books because the top shelf is empty.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I thought that was the back wall of the bookcase. I thought the top shelves were open but the bottom has backs. I don't know, but I thought that seeing as every bookcase's back stops at the same place. That or Altair has an equal number of books in every case.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 05:58 PM
I thought that was the back wall of the bookcase. I thought the top shelves were open but the bottom has backs. I don't know, but I thought that seeing as every bookcase's back stops at the same place. That or Altair has an equal number of books in every case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that unlikely. You can't expect an artist to render every book separately for one scene. They are on a deadline, ya know. :P

ace3001
10-15-2011, 07:13 PM
I thought that was the back wall of the bookcase. I thought the top shelves were open but the bottom has backs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And I thought this was obvious. Look carefully while the video is being played, not paused. When paused, the low bit rate of the video makes it look as if the back has sections, but no, they're continuous backs of the book shelves.

RzaRecta357
10-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Umm. I think that's Ezio in his old outfit for some reason like they used his old character model.

I know Altair has a new suit and all.

But that hood is fat and italian. There is dust all over the library kind of like if Ezio got to the library 200 years after it's real use.

No?

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 02:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Umm. I think that's Ezio in his old outfit for some reason like they used his old character model.

But that hood is fat and italian. There is dust all over the library kind of like if Ezio got to the library 200 years after it's real use.

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

It's style matches the style of hood that Al Mulalim had, except white. I think that this was just Altair's last moment where he recorded his memories before he gave the seals to Niccolo and went to defend Masyaf one last time.

I don't know what you're talking about the hood being fat. That doesn't even have anything to do with anything.

souNdwAve89
10-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Yeah, it is definitely Altair.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5918/altairingrandmasterclot.png

ace3001
10-16-2011, 05:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

It's style matches the style of hood that Al Mulalim had, except white. I think that this was just Altair's last moment where he recorded his memories before he gave the seals to Niccolo and went to defend Masyaf one last time.

I don't know what you're talking about the hood being fat. That doesn't even have anything to do with anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oddly, my first thought was that it was Ezio as well. The hood somehow resembles Ezio's Brotherhood character model. But as we see Altair just the frame before, it's probably Altair.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

I don't know what you're talking about the hood being fat. That doesn't even have anything to do with anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oddly, my first thought was that it was Ezio as well. The hood somehow resembles Ezio's Brotherhood character model. But as we see Altair just the frame before, it's probably Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The robes themselves resemble Alta´r's outfit far more than they do Ezio's. It's definitely Alta´r.

rileypoole1234
10-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Yes. It's Altair in his Grand Master robes. Here's (http://i56.tinypic.com/qqtojb.jpg) a link to the picture.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I think by fat he means the hood isn't up so it doesn't droop when over the head.

I used this signature to compare:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3618/sig3withsharpeneffect.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9072/640pxacrstory13.png

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I think by fat he means the hood isn't up so it doesn't droop when over the head.

I see what you're saying but I think its more of a perspective that the hood is getting bigger/fatter. It is definitely Altair, maybe a more aged Altair.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Different robes, different hood. Simple as that.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 08:03 AM
I know.. I was just providing a comparison.

dxsxhxcx
10-16-2011, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Yeah, it is definitely Altair.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5918/altairingrandmasterclot.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's Altair, here it's his picture of the encyclopedia, the robes are almost identical, apart from some details that aren't in the encyclopedia that was made long ago...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110826162853/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/36/AltairGrandMaster.jpg/267px-AltairGrandMaster.jpg

LightRey
10-16-2011, 08:08 AM
it's Altair, here it's his picture of the encyclopedia, the robes are almost identical, apart from some details that aren't in the encyclopedia that was made long ago...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention that the encyclopedia only uses concept art apparently.

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention that the encyclopedia only uses concept art apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had no idea about that, however that sounds great. Its always good to get more insight into how the game was made..

PS: LightRey buddy, I just PM'd you about something. Can you let me know?

LightRey
10-16-2011, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phenom13117:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention that the encyclopedia only uses concept art apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had no idea about that, however that sounds great. Its always good to get more insight into how the game was made..

PS: LightRey buddy, I just PM'd you about something. Can you let me know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I can't wait to find out what mysteries will be explained (and which new ones will be introduced) by the encyclopedia.

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phenom13117:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS: LightRey buddy, I just PM'd you about something. Can you let me know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I can't wait to find out what mysteries will be explained (and which new ones will be introduced) by the encyclopedia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Believe in one of the Assassins Creed Encyclopedia videos they showed a section detailing the History of both orders and many other such things that have not yet been directly made clear and looks promising to delve into and create more immersion in the Assassins Creed Universe.

FragMeSoftly
04-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Does anyone know what the name of that song that plays while the camera pans around Altair?

Serrachio
04-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Holy necro, Batman.

I get that some people have been posting pointless threads, but this is just something else.

GunnarGunderson
04-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Does anyone know what the name of that song that plays while the camera pans around Altair?

It's called NecroPost by the Rule Breakers

LordWolv
04-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Why is there so much discussion on this? It is very obviously Altair, and that is a seal. He is writing his memory into the seal. That is how we are watching him walk into the library to his death; that actually has an explanation, it was suggesting Ezio saw it through the seal. You'll recall that when the Altair moment finishes, it shows Ezio holding the seal, suggesting he's seen everything we had. Otherwise, how did we watch Altair?

Serrachio
04-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Why is there so much discussion on this? It is very obviously Altair, and that is a seal. He is writing his memory into the seal. That is how we are watching him walk into the library to his death; that actually has an explanation, it was suggesting Ezio saw it through the seal. You'll recall that when the Altair moment finishes, it shows Ezio holding the seal, suggesting he's seen everything we had. Otherwise, how did we watch Altair?

This is a one year old thread, created before Revelations was released. It should be pretty clear to all what the Memory Seals are now.

LordWolv
04-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Ah alright. Sorry, someone made it active again, I didn't think to check the date.