PDA

View Full Version : Confusing 3.01m Patch Instructions...

drsmith
11-20-2004, 09:18 AM
I want to install Patch 3.01m over FB+AEP+PF. The READ ME states: "download and run PF_patch 301.exe (PF_patch 301m.exe)". Do I download BOTH these patches?

Also, "after the installation, run PF_patch301_new.exe (PF_patch 301m_new.exe). After that, run the pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder."

I'm confused as to how many patches I need to download. Do I download the 2 patches listed first and then download the following 4 patches? Please advise of the proper patching order and sequence.

drsmith
11-20-2004, 09:18 AM
I want to install Patch 3.01m over FB+AEP+PF. The READ ME states: "download and run PF_patch 301.exe (PF_patch 301m.exe)". Do I download BOTH these patches?

Also, "after the installation, run PF_patch301_new.exe (PF_patch 301m_new.exe). After that, run the pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder."

I'm confused as to how many patches I need to download. Do I download the 2 patches listed first and then download the following 4 patches? Please advise of the proper patching order and sequence.

Udidtoo
11-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Ok...big calming breath...let it out slowly...goooosssss fffaaabbbbaaaaaaa.

Alright now that we are centered it works just like it reads 1st patch , if for PF alone use the one it says to. the new exe. is just that, game will still open with original, it just opens faster with the new exe.

Just make sure that you use corrct patch version with correct game version 3.01 for PF stand alone. 3.01m for combined. Give the new exe a shot for most its been an improvement in a loading times.

Von_Zero
11-20-2004, 09:30 AM
u have the merged install right?
then only download the 301.m patches.

Tully__
11-20-2004, 09:33 AM
PF standalone:

You require PF_patch301.exe
If you'd like to try the new start method, apply PF_patch301_new.exe after PF_patch301.exe, but the new.exe is optional.

=========

FB / AEP / PF merged install:

You require PF_patch301m.exe
If you'd like to try the new start method, apply PF_patch301m_new.exe after PF_patch301m.exe, but the new.exe is optional.