PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done? Is this possible?

c172pilot
08-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Is there anyway to strip down the 3- 4 series patches and implement them into FB-AEP. Not everything in the patches but a few planes, FM, updated clouds, ground objects, some maps, runways with runway lighting and the floatation device for the downed pilots? I think this would be possible since the engine of the game is the same? Some might ask, "Why in the H@@L would someone want to do this"?

c172pilot
08-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Is there anyway to strip down the 3- 4 series patches and implement them into FB-AEP. Not everything in the patches but a few planes, FM, updated clouds, ground objects, some maps, runways with runway lighting and the floatation device for the downed pilots? I think this would be possible since the engine of the game is the same? Some might ask, "Why in the H@@L would someone want to do this"?

Philipscdrw
08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
You are asking for the non-Pacific content of the post-PF patches to be made available for FB-AEP?

I think this question has been asked before, and the answer was 'no', I'm afraid. From the scant clues dropped on this forum, I understand that the way the Il-2 patches work is very complex, especially compared to MSFS. Ianboys said that if two patches were made, each including one new aircraft, and two people installed them in different orders, they wouldn't be compatable for multiplayer. Extracting the AEP content from the post-4.00 patches would be timeconsuming, I think.

VW-IceFire
08-11-2005, 01:40 PM
From what I understand....this sort of thing would be next to impossible.

Because the code has changed around the aircraft in it...so you can't just reverse engineer it and drop everything back into place so quickly.

It would be doable...but not worth the time and trouble.

Buy PF...thats all I can say.

3.JG51_BigBear
08-11-2005, 04:32 PM
It would take away one big incentive for people to buy PF, continued development and support. I don't know why you'd want something like this but if you don't have it, you can find PF for $20 or less if you can find a used copy.

c172pilot
08-11-2005, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Because the code has changed around the aircraft in it...so you can't just reverse engineer it and drop everything back into place so quickly.

Buy PF...thats all I can say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have PF and patched to 4.01. I just like flying AEP w/ BoE, everything cranked up on my 6800U without stuttering and lag i.e. during the Pacific battles. I just don€t see why a high end system will lag during AA explosions, even when the settings are lowered. I also dislike invisible Bombers and missing textures.

DuxCorvan
08-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Then don't use them.

You don't have to use the Pacific content if you don't want, just ignore the Pacific missions and campaigns.

If you're talking about online, then connect to ETO and Eastern front restricted servers, and it will be the same.

I really don't understand you. It's like "There's butter and marmalade in the fridge, but I don't like marmalade, please stop selling it." Come on, just don't eat it.

3.JG51_BigBear
08-13-2005, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by c172pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Buy PF...thats all I can say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have PF and patched to 4.01. I just like flying AEP w/ BoE, everything cranked up on my 6800U without stuttering and lag i.e. during the Pacific battles. I just don€t see why a high end system will lag during AA explosions, even when the settings are lowered. I also dislike invisible Bombers and missing textures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What drivers are you using and what are your system specs. I have a 6800 in my LAN computer and I don't experience any stuttering with all the options on and the resolution cranked up.

J_Weaver
08-13-2005, 10:12 PM
The only lag I get in the PTO is because of the huge amount of fire put up by ships. I have to go into teh FMB and lower their ROF.

But I don't care.Its perfect mode for me as soon as my new ring arrives! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif