PDA

View Full Version : The effects of the problems!

Wolfeoak
03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
My son just arrived home from the town. He told me that one of the major game shops in town has removed the Assassins creed 2 PC versions from shelves. Customers are told that they shouldn’t buy the game because it doesn’t work properly. This is how a respectable dealer acts. He doesn’t want to sell a non functional product to the customers. Honor to that man. Bad publicity for the Ubisoft I presume. They have them self to blame.

Wolfeoak
03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
My son just arrived home from the town. He told me that one of the major game shops in town has removed the Assassins creed 2 PC versions from shelves. Customers are told that they shouldn’t buy the game because it doesn’t work properly. This is how a respectable dealer acts. He doesn’t want to sell a non functional product to the customers. Honor to that man. Bad publicity for the Ubisoft I presume. They have them self to blame.

PlagueDoctor357
03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I suppose.

But they probably won't end up caring because places like Wal-Mart..Best Buy..Eb Games and other places will continue to sell them.

Gekkibi
03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
To be honest I am little bit more optimistic, even when I am involved in Pirate Party here where I live. DRM will affect the customers more than the leeches (And to defend myself, I haven't downloaded anything from the internet for a long time. We "pirates" are not the leeches which are downloading everything just because it is free. I downloaded applications to check them out before buying, because nowadays they don't publish sharewares).

I know Ubisoft will realize sooner or later than DRM is bad for PR and will discard it to the point that we don't require constant internet connection.

Right now they need creative feedback on the matter (Not saying OP didn't had it, that was new and good intel that game store pull it off the shelves!), not just "f-word ubisoft I will never buy your games".

Oh, yeah: in b4 lock

Sabatasso
03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gekkibi:
Oh, yeah: in b4 lock </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, good one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Back to the issue at hand, well I completely understand why ubisoft try to protect their interest, I fail to see why they are so unprepared for this that they end up hurting honest people.

"It's better to let ten guilty murderers free, than to execute a single innocent person."

I feel that Ubisoft is killing everyone in sight, just to make sure they get the pirates without regards to the innocent affected.

Xanatos2007
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabatasso:
I feel that Ubisoft is killing everyone in sight, just to make sure they get the pirates without regards to the innocent affected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Makes me think that Ubisoft Montreal was taken over by Americans...

"We think Osama's in that country somewhere, so let's just throw in a bunch of munitions and hope we hit something."

dylancis
03-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Haha, this game is restricted in my country so no matter how you get and play this game you are a criminal, funny isn't it.

bokeef04
03-17-2010, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabatasso:
I feel that Ubisoft is killing everyone in sight, just to make sure they get the pirates without regards to the innocent affected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Makes me think that Ubisoft Montreal was taken over by Americans...

"We think Osama's in that country somewhere, so let's just throw in a bunch of munitions and hope we hit something." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you forgot WMD's, i saw them with WMD's, scouts honour

Alex_HS
03-17-2010, 07:47 AM
This is the effect of the problems...

I was interested in the game but i wont be wasting money on something that doesnt work.
This game was pushed 5 months after the consoles already!

All i've read so far is that it doesnt launch, it cant conect, the saves dont load or that it freezes...
Can anyone even play the game without facing any DRM related problems?

kleaneasy
03-17-2010, 07:58 AM
There are already existing threads discussing the DRM, please post any ongoing comment/ discussion in those threads. Thanks